• Welcome to all New Sikh Philosophy Network Forums!
    Explore Sikh Sikhi Sikhism...

Sat Inder K

SPNer
Jul 24, 2012
England
Gurfateh!

I am new to the forum and fairly new to Sikhi. I am Portuguese and presently live in England. I have been practicing yoga and meditation for more than a decade and tried various styles and schools. Although I have always enjoyed my spiritual path I've always felt something was missing. It was through Yogi Bhajan's Kundalini Yoga that I came to learn about Sikhism and it has been my main source of information. Everything about Sikhism... its values and beliefs, all feel so familiar. I have been practicing for a year now and my morning sadhana feels blissful.
The problem is I don't know any Sikhs, so I'm learning everything I can by myself which can feel kind of lonely. I'm hoping this forum will help me with that... there's so much I want to learn and, why not, meet new people. Like Singhitwithme Ji I am also trying to muster the courage to go and visit my local Gurdwara.

That's all for now!

kaurhug
Sat Inder

Astroboy

ਨਾਮ ਤੇਰੇ ਕੀ ਜੋਤਿ ਲਗਾਈ (Previously namjap)
Writer
SPNer
Jul 14, 2007
I have been practicing for a year now and my morning sadhana feels blissful.

How do you practice it? It will be interesting to share your knowledge here with us and converse with you from time to time.

Gurjot317

SPNer
Aug 2, 2012
Hello every body,

I am Gurjot and working as soft engineer.I was looking for few articles and got to know about this website.I am presently working in chandigarh,india.

Thks..

Kampfsdottir

SPNer
Aug 3, 2012
Hello.

My name is Molly Kampfsdottir. I'm an American, a game designer, boffer enthusiast, and amateur philosopher.

Religiously, I've tried a few things. Was raised in a secular Jewish family. Tried being a practicing Jew during college, but couldn't reconcile myself with the religion's view of a deity. Considered Islam, but for similar reasons I couldn't follow it (I cannot believe in any deity described as "all merciful" while a great deal of said deity's holy text describes the eternal torture awaiting anyone who does not comply with its demands). Followed Buddhism for a while, but ultimately I couldn't accept that this world is suffering (I view the world as a rather nice place to be).

I've researched Western and Eastern religions alike and nothing particularly clicked. Until I found Sikhism. So here I am, and here's to hoping that it's everything it seems to be.

Ishna

Writer
SPNer
May 9, 2006
Hi Molly, welcome to SPN! It's great to hear about your experiences so far. Your surname suggests Germanic heritage? Myself, I explored Asatru for a little while, as well as neo-Paganism while growing up. Dad's an atheist and mum's a 'spiritual Christian'.

I hope you enjoy your stay and find guidance within Sikhi.

welcomekaur

Kampfsdottir

SPNer
Aug 3, 2012
Hi Molly, welcome to SPN! It's great to hear about your experiences so far. Your surname suggests Germanic heritage? Myself, I explored Asatru for a little while, as well as neo-Paganism while growing up. Dad's an atheist and mum's a 'spiritual Christian'.

I hope you enjoy your stay and find guidance within Sikhi.

welcomekaur
I never really got into full on Asatru, but I was a Lokean for a long time.

steiven

SPNer
Aug 6, 2012
USA
SSA ji
I am Steven. I am newbie here. I am From India. I like all about Sikhism. Hope here I'll got more Knowledge About Sikhism & Hope i'll enjoy my Stay Here.
Nice to meet you all :)

Last edited by a moderator:

findingmyway

Writer
SPNer
Aug 17, 2010
World citizen!
welcomekaur
It's truly wonderful to see so many interesting people here! Having different backgrounds enhances the viewpoints available to us all and makes the discussions a lot richer as well as more informative. Please participate in the forum. I'm thrilled you joined us kaurhugwelcomekaurwelcomemunda

kajal

SPNer
Aug 8, 2012
Hi, I'm Kajal

Sat Sri Akal,

My name is Kajal. My ancestry is Hindu/Sikh. When I was a child, we used to go to Gurdwara every Sunday. I remember learning some kirtans to sing on Guru Nanakji's Birthday.

I have been thinking of learning more about Sikhism for a while now (my knowledge is very basic at this point). And after the tragedy in Wisconsin, I realized that I should somehow turn this thought into action. Hence, me joining SPN.

I hope to learn a lot and maybe even contribute to this forum.

Best,

kajal

Sat Inder K

SPNer
Jul 24, 2012
England
Hi Astroboy!

I do a bit of yoga or pilates and breathing exercises, just to stretch and center myself. Then I listen to Japji Sahib in Gurmukhi, while reading the translation in English, focusing on the meaning. I find that it calms and soothes my mind and puts me in the right mind frame to start my day. Throughout the day I go back to that peace by remembering my morning sadhana recitation. It really works! I'm calmer and happier.
I find that with repetition I am able to understand more and more verses in Gurmukhi without having to read them in English... :)

I'm a beginner so any feedback would be very appreciated.

❤️ CLICK HERE TO JOIN SPN MOBILE PLATFORM

❤️ CLICK HERE TO JOIN SPN MOBILE PLATFORM

📌 For all latest updates, follow the Official Sikh Philosophy Network Whatsapp Channel: