• Welcome to all New Sikh Philosophy Network Forums!
    Explore Sikh Sikhi Sikhism...

spnadmin

1947-2014 (Archived)
SPNer
Jun 17, 2004
Welcome Dr.Arthur Frederick ide ji

I hope you find interesting information at this site. Sikhism/Sikhi is quite different from the various Hindu paths. We are a unique faith. Therefore, we do not have a whole lot to share in that regard. But I am sure you will find material that interests you. Thanks for joining SPN. :tablakudi:

Jul 25, 2011
I am a Jat from Delhi & Rajesthan and feel proud of seeing Jats contribution to sikhism. Jat's contribution made through their selfless secrifices in defending human dignity during muslim regimes in India is emmence which has shaped Nanak's ideology into a full fledged religion. Unfortunately, in the recent past Sikhism appears to be becoming more of a fanatic cult like Islam (with divine rules and regulations, preachings, conversions and building huge buildings with gold and marble, worldly riches) than Nanak's mission of serving humanity.

We'll feel indebted to the readers and writers of this website if we could remind Yamla Jats contributions to the coming sikh generations through writings/articles/comments inspiring them to live life of austerity and self-sacrifice in service to the mankind.

Jats have to be a role model for sikhs of all other back-grounds -now singhs and kaurs- which is the only way to rescue Nanak's mission from the present morass of corruption and confusion.

Thanks.

Ambarsaria

ੴ / Ik▫oaʼnkār
Writer
SPNer
Dec 21, 2010
Jat Devta ji perhaps you can start an appropriate thread or add to one if already existing. This section is truly for basic introduction and on one's interest and some facts about self.
Let me know if I can help start a topic that you can contribute to or you can do it yourself. I believe it will fit right in the following section,

http://www.sikhphilosophy.net/hard-talk/

Sat Sri Akal.

Jul 25, 2011
Veer Anratsaria Ji, Is it necessary to be a Singh to be Nanak's Sikh? I'm a Sikh and Singh because a Jatni(Singhni) born me. Is it necessary to have kalgi or a religion to further Nanak's mission of serving mankind. Guru Gobind Singh JI hijacked Nanak's mission to pursue his worldly ambition... please start a blog on this topic we have gone very wrong away from Nanak. Thanks. Guru Bhala Kare!!!!!:whatzpointsing:

Ambarsaria

ੴ / Ik▫oaʼnkār
Writer
SPNer
Dec 21, 2010
Brother when Guru Arjan Dev ji died for you, there were no Singh's. Would you have preferred to lose everything that Gurus did and turn the other cheek and convert to Islam at that point? There wouldn't be much of us if Guru Gobind Singh ji did not create the backbone to stand up.

There is lot of dialog in the following from Nanaksarias, Namdhariahs, Radhaswamis and others.,

http://www.sikhphilosophy.net/sects-groups-cults/

Sat Sri Akal.

spnadmin

1947-2014 (Archived)
SPNer
Jun 17, 2004
It is time to move away from talking about Jats. We want to welcome you Jat Devta ji and make SPN a favorite stop for intellectual, social and spiritual refreshment during the day. Ambarsaria is right. Discussions of the Jat peoples belong in a different thread. So let me welcome you now and encourage you to discuss this topic in a fresh thread.

Aug 6, 2011
i am 22 years old sikh boy i had just completed my MBA from Guru Nanak Institute of Managment i am currently working with an electronics co as a marketing executive i use toe deal with the dealers.:)

spnadmin

1947-2014 (Archived)
SPNer
Jun 17, 2004
welcomemunda welcomemunda welcomemunda

partneet singh ji

It is good that you have joined us! Welcome to SPN. I look forward to reading of your perspectives and interests. Make this a frequent place to visit and find good company here.

Searching

SPNer
Aug 8, 2011
Hi, I am new to SPN, though i have been reading on some topics from this forum from time and joined the forum recently.
I think that we have some very knowledgeable and articulate persons on this forum who can help me with my doubts, problems and my journey in general.

Can someone please guide me on how to start a new thread.

Ambarsaria

ੴ / Ik▫oaʼnkār
Writer
SPNer
Dec 21, 2010
Hi, I am new to SPN, though i have been reading on some topics from this forum from time and joined the forum recently.
I think that we have some very knowledgeable and articulate persons on this forum who can help me with my doubts, problems and my journey in general.

Can someone please guide me on how to start a new thread.
Searching ji welcome to spn.

Starting a thread example below.

1. Say you want to start a thread in the following forum,

http://www.sikhphilosophy.net/questions-and-answers/

2. When you go to that page
<table style="margin-bottom: 3px;" border="0" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0" width="100%"><tbody><tr valign="bottom"><td class="smallfont"> </td> <td align="right">
<table class="tborder" border="0" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"> <tbody><tr> <td style="font-weight: normal;" class="vbmenu_control">Page 1 of 4</td> <td class="alt2">1</td> <td class="alt1">2</td><td class="alt1">3</td> <td class="alt1">></td> <td class="alt1" nowrap="nowrap">Last »</td> <td title="" class="vbmenu_control" id="pagenav.61" style="cursor: pointer;">
menu_open.gif
</td> </tr> </tbody></table>​
</td> </tr> </tbody></table> <table align="right" border="0" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0"> <tbody><tr> <td id="forumtools" class="vbmenu_c" style="cursor: pointer;" nowrap="nowrap">Forum Tools
menu_open.gif
</td> </tr> </tbody></table> Threads in Forum : Questions and Answers
You will see that box above the Blue Border strip. Click on new thread and you are good to go by filling the information in the Title and Message boxes.

That is all.

Good luck.

spnadmin

1947-2014 (Archived)
SPNer
Jun 17, 2004
Searching ji

I am happy to welcome you to this forum. Even happier that you wish to start threads and participate in conversations. Please enjoy your time spent here and the time you spend with our many kind and knowledgeable members.

Enjoy all of SPN. We have many nooks and crannies here full of inspiration and learning.

❤️ CLICK HERE TO JOIN SPN MOBILE PLATFORM

❤️ CLICK HERE TO JOIN SPN MOBILE PLATFORM

📌 For all latest updates, follow the Official Sikh Philosophy Network Whatsapp Channel: