• Welcome to all New Sikh Philosophy Network Forums!
    Explore Sikh Sikhi Sikhism...

spnadmin

1947-2014 (Archived)
SPNer
Jun 17, 2004
I am from England and proud to be Sikh. Will gain lot of knowledge by joining SPN . Sat Sri Akal to all the members:singhbhangra:

cs101 ji

I hope you are not feeling overlooked here. Welcome to SPN. Yes you will gain a lot from joining SPN and please share what you know too. welcomekaur welcomekaur welcomekaur

Make use of all our resources, participate, and keep us posted with your interests and your questions. :tablakudi:

findingmyway

Writer
SPNer
Aug 17, 2010
World citizen!
xkatz ji
welcomekaur
I live in a Jewish dominated area so understand the challenges faced by the Jewish community too. Recently I went to a Jewish museum and it is a fascinating story. There are many similarities and a few differences too! Hope you find what you are looking for here. It is always good to have different perspectives to help us all grow and learn.
Welcome!!

cs101 ji
welcomekaur
The sentiment you express about being proud to be Sikh is great to read!! I have learnt an awful lot here and I hope you will too. It is easy to lose track of time here on SPN so read, participate and enjoy.
Welcome!!

To all other members who have not posted on this thread, a warm welcome to you too welcomekaur

spnadmin

1947-2014 (Archived)
SPNer
Jun 17, 2004
Trend Chaser ji

Welcome to SPN welcomekaur It is always great to welcome a new member. If you are seeking advice, remember that on an Internet forum you will get advice, lots of it, all different. In the end you alone will need to decide what to do.

Read through our threads on subjects of interest to you. Try to pose questions based on the information you have gained.

:)

RamanS

SPNer
Apr 19, 2011
Sat Sri Akal,

I am new to posting on this site but I have been reading through the forums for a few months now. Thank you to all the regular posters..your comments and thoughts have been invaluable and I have learned so much. It is such a blessing to read your thoughts and comments. After neglecting my Sikh faith for so long..over the last two years it has slowly awakened in me and I have learned more in this time than in the last 20 years!

Last edited:

findingmyway

Writer
SPNer
Aug 17, 2010
World citizen!
Trendchaser ji
welcomekaur
Hope you find the advice you are looking for and are able to advice others too!! :whatzpointsing:

RamanS ji,
welcomekaur It is great to have such positive feedback. Look forward to hearing more from you over the coming months!
A warm welcome,
J Kaur.

GURDIP BAWA

SPNer
Mar 2, 2011
AKAAL PURKH IS ALL & EVER 'PERVADING'.If somebody in the HUMAN GARB is giving an 'UPDESH',I would take my CONSCIOUSNESS to,"GURU GRANTH JI MANIO;PRAGAT GURAN KI DEH." Therefore,as a Gursikh,I am enjoined to ONLY to learn & obey what is in the SRI GURU GRANTH SAHIB JI......

Waheguru!!!!

pamma

SPNer
May 15, 2011
Wahe Guru ji ka Khalsa Wahe Guruji ki Fateh! I'm new to all of you so i'd like to introduce myself. I live in Kolkata and I'm A teacher of English in a renowned I.C.S.E. school. I 'm happy to be a part of Sikhnet. Wish everybody all the best.

spnadmin

1947-2014 (Archived)
SPNer
Jun 17, 2004
pamm ji welcomekaur

Welcome to SPN. I love your upbeat greeting. We need more of the same. Share your experiences with us. I would love to know more about your experiences teaching English.

Do you mean you are happy to join SPN? I see you wrote you were happy to join Sikhnet. That is good too. Just not sure what you meant.

spnadmin

1947-2014 (Archived)
SPNer
Jun 17, 2004
That is very funny Kanwaljit.Singh ji. By now you are almost an old-timer poster. :)

Welcome to SPN nonetheless. welcomekaur I know that I have appreciated your thoughtful comments on a variety of threads, your sense of humor too.

Thanks also for sharing your experiences at Microsoft. Best wishes in your studies too!
icecreamkaur icecreamkaur icecreamkaur

p/s I will look into starting a special section for sochnet in the Sikh Organizations subforum. That is where organizations that do seva for the panth each have their own section where updates can be posted. :)

pamma

SPNer
May 15, 2011
Yes I meant I'm happy to join Sikhnet. I believe more in spirituality than in religion. I feel religion is not the goal, it is a path to achieve a goal, the goal is the almighty. Regarding teaching English, well, I just enjoy Literature especially teaching Shakespesre and poety. I feel happy to be the only Sikh teacher in my school and teaching English in the senior school. I've been in Calcutta Boys' School for 21 years. Shukar hai Wahe Guruji Da!

pamma

SPNer
May 15, 2011
Yes, I am. I enjoy reading the links. I'm not very comp savvy so I tend to make mistakes when putting in my views but with's God's grace I'll learn coz I believe that learning never stops. Gur fateh.

Mai Harinder Kaur

Mentor
Writer
SPNer
Oct 5, 2006
British Columbia, Canada
Yes, I am. I enjoy reading the links. I'm not very comp savvy so I tend to make mistakes when putting in my views but with's God's grace I'll learn coz I believe that learning never stops. Gur fateh.

Hi, Pamma ji and welcome! welcomekaur welcomekaur welcomekaur welcomekaur

I am totally (almost) self-taught on the computer. I started writing about my adventures getting started, but I realise it doesn't belong in this thread. When I find a place to put it, I'll let you know.

gorasikh

SPNer
May 27, 2011
Sat Sri Akal
Greetings!
I am 26 years old. I was brought up in a Christian framework in a very uniformed rural environment. I moved to uni and my eyes were opened - have been studying religions for a few years and have spoken to Buddhists, Jews, Christiand and Muslims - but found that in Sikhism i was able to practice my faith in a way which made senses to me. Sikhism is awesome and anyone who has been brought up in a sikhi family is truly graced im just glad i found my way onto this path.
WjKK WjKF

❤️ CLICK HERE TO JOIN SPN MOBILE PLATFORM

❤️ CLICK HERE TO JOIN SPN MOBILE PLATFORM

📌 For all latest updates, follow the Official Sikh Philosophy Network Whatsapp Channel: