• Welcome to all New Sikh Philosophy Network Forums!
    Explore Sikh Sikhi Sikhism...

spnadmin

1947-2014 (Archived)
SPNer
Jun 17, 2004
rajalaw ji

Welcome to SPN welcomekaur welcomekaur welcomekaur

I personally do not have the answer you seek. However a long time forum member, name withheld had a similar goal. She just started. She began finding shabads with the words in Gurmukhi on sites like YouTube and started sining her head off every day.

You can find a similar resource here which I encourage you to explore. Please consult or Gurmat Sangeet section,

http://www.sikhphilosophy.net/gurmat-sangeet/

And videos posted under Gurmat Gian Group, in particular. However, I am not sure if there are transliterations to help you learn how to pronounce the words as you sing them.

http://www.sikhphilosophy.net/gurmat-sangeet/23629-gurmat-gian-group.html

You can also seek out the rajkaregakhalsa site on the net and find their audio section. All of their offerings have Gurmukhi, transliteration for pronunciation, and English and you can sing to your hearts content.

Don't forget to seek help if you need it.

Here is a nice one to get you started - with Gurmukhi, transliteration, and English and a sing along production. :)

YouTube - Sing Along "Raj Karega Khalsa" by Bibi Gurdev Kaur OBE

Ambarsaria

ੴ / Ik▫oaʼnkār
Writer
SPNer
Dec 21, 2010
Hi: just signed up. Wanted to say hello. I am interested in getting lyrics of 1-2 shabads in Punjabi so that I could try singing Waheguru's praise. Goal is to sing and feel Him more closely. New idea for me. Not a singer. I want to try 100% for sure since I feel that this idea is being sent to me through different channels. Need help in implementing this idea. Thank you.
rajalaw ji welcome to SPN.

Perhaps the following will be of help per your introduction,

http://www.sikhphilosophy.net/kirtan/34586-gurbani-kirtan-read-along.html#post142546

Sat Sri Akal.

Mai Harinder Kaur

Mentor
Writer
SPNer
Oct 5, 2006
British Columbia, Canada
I'm just here to learn.
I really need some peace and quiet :)
Outside, I really don't know. Maya is a noisy spacetime continuum.

However, nothing brings internal peace and quiet like Gurbani and kirtan and all that good stuff. There's plenty of that here. There's the added opportunity of asking questions as they come up. Most of us are not experts - although some fancy they are - but we are happy to discuss.

Also a nice cup of ginger tea has been known to calm both body and spirit. I suggest grabbing a nice hot cup of ginger tea, turning on some kirtan, sitting back, maybe closing your eyes (be careful not to pour hot tea down your front, though) and letting the inner peace and quiet take over. gingerteakaur

saatinder

SPNer
Dec 28, 2010
Sat Sri Akaal,

Myself Satinder Singh from Punjab, But i was not been able to connect with other members and was not aware from where to subscribe my post. Today i got it and posting my first post here at this glorious site of sikhism. like other members i too have a confusting queries i.e. :-

Is it must to have a physical Guru to get the Naam or shabad? I mean whom should i make my guru, is it Guru Granth Sahib (but it is not a physcial) or any other spritual physical human sikh?

I hope the members will guide me to solve this query

Thanks

Regards
Satinder Singh
(Punjab)

spnadmin

1947-2014 (Archived)
SPNer
Jun 17, 2004
im new and confused.... where do i start?? :whatzpointkudi:

manni ji

Welcome to SPN. I have to confess that I deleted more than a few of your comments today. welcomekaur

The place to start is by looking through existing threads and offering your questions in a way that allows us to know what is a concern and where you need more information. By posting one or two words or just a smiley you are are only wasting an opportunity to get information that will be helpful to you. And to do this chronically is actually a form of spam. Often this pattern of posting also spells a visit from a member of another religion who is actually here to cause problems and to proselytize on topics that have been explored for a long time.

So with your indulgence, let's begin fresh. :happykudi:

Usually I don't take such a firm hand with a newcomer. But this was an excessive amount of brief posting.

Enjoy our resources and read read read in order to formulate questions that others can really help you with.

spnadmin

1947-2014 (Archived)
SPNer
Jun 17, 2004
saatinder ji

Welcome to SPN. welcomekaur

Our forum has many threads developed over months or years that address most of the questions that come up frequently among sikhs, and sikh youth. Please read our threads and let us know when you need more information and guidance.

The short answer to your question - You do not need a human guru to move ahead. But a responsible and informed sangat, group of like-minded sikhs, can make your journey more enjoyable and spiritually profitable. Welcome again, and good luck on your journey. Thanks for joining SPN.

Ambarsaria

ੴ / Ik▫oaʼnkār
Writer
SPNer
Dec 21, 2010
Sat Sri Akaal,

Myself Satinder Singh from Punjab, But i was not been able to connect with other members and was not aware from where to subscribe my post. Today i got it and posting my first post here at this glorious site of sikhism. like other members i too have a confusting queries i.e. :-

Is it must to have a physical Guru to get the Naam or shabad? I mean whom should i make my guru, is it Guru Granth Sahib (but it is not a physcial) or any other spritual physical human sikh?

I hope the members will guide me to solve this query

Thanks

Regards
Satinder Singh
(Punjab)
satinder singh ji welcome to SPN.

I see you are already active in the forums and that is wonderful.

Sat Sri Akal.

Mai Harinder Kaur

Mentor
Writer
SPNer
Oct 5, 2006
British Columbia, Canada
Manni ji,

Life is confusing at 15. It is more confusing at 25 and keeps getting more confusing as you go along until - if you are blessed - it all suddenly becomes clear. animatedkhanda1

My point is that confusion is part of life. It is part of the learning process. If you are here to learn, SPN and Sikhi can help.

If, as spnadmin has suggested, you are here for other reasons, you are wasting your time and ours. As a group, we at SPN, while not all experts, are dedicated Sikhs with a lot of experience in this world. You can learn a lot from us.

So, please come in, be comfortable and behave yourself and we can all enjoy each other's presence.

jasi

SPNer
Apr 28, 2005
canada
SSAKAL Ji

With due respect.

Here is first STEP:

One has to be prepared and clean one's soul by reading Gurbani and think hard or be in accompanies of Sangat seeking the Truth to realize.

If one do not have any accompany of Saints or motivated Sangat then go in the SHARAN OF OUR GURU GRANTH SAHIB JI and read Jap Ji Sahib ji is enough for initial preparations to be realized the ultimate TRUTH.

As Guru Nanak Dev JI addressed this issue of first self cleaning of one's soul by telling to all Hardwaries that taking dip in Gangas can not clean your souls but one has clean inner side first to receive a drop of nectar of Truth.

Click to this link after pasting in YOU TUBE and listen the eintire Sabad,directed exactly towards how one have to prepare oneself before seeking the Truth.

Ramdas Sarovar Nate - Bhai Surinder Singh Jodhpuri

"RAM DAS SAROVAR NAHTE SAB UTRE PAPA KAMATE
NIRMAL HOI KAR ASNANA,GUR PURE KEENE DANNA"

Otherwise :whatzpointsing:

Jaspi

Outside, I really don't know. Maya is a noisy spacetime continuum.

However, nothing brings internal peace and quiet like Gurbani and kirtan and all that good stuff. There's plenty of that here. There's the added opportunity of asking questions as they come up. Most of us are not experts - although some fancy they are - but we are happy to discuss.

Also a nice cup of ginger tea has been known to calm both body and spirit. I suggest grabbing a nice hot cup of ginger tea, turning on some kirtan, sitting back, maybe closing your eyes (be careful not to pour hot tea down your front, though) and letting the inner peace and quiet take over. gingerteakaur

a.mother

SPNer
Jun 12, 2010
Canada
Mai ji as you said ,
Life is confusing at 15. It is more confusing at 25 and keeps getting more confusing as you go along until - if you are blessed - it all suddenly becomes clear.

My point is that confusion is part of life. It is part of the learning process. If you are here to learn, SPN and Sikhi can help.
and again
As a group, we at SPN, while not all experts, are dedicated Sikhs with a lot of experience in this world. You can learn a lot from us.
You are very much right. day by day I am learning too ( not 15 but there is no age limit if someone wants to learn and a sikh have to learn each moment ( thats what I believe in) every single day I enjoy sikh sangat with SPN. I am completely addicted to it. I am feeling very lucky for myself for being with SPN.

Mai Harinder Kaur

Mentor
Writer
SPNer
Oct 5, 2006
British Columbia, Canada
...day by day I am learning too ( not 15 but there is no age limit if someone wants to learn and a sikh have to learn each moment ( thats what I believe in) every single day I enjoy sikh sangat with SPN. I am completely addicted to it. I am feeling very lucky for myself for being with SPN

Dear a.mother ji,

I must add that I feel very blessed for you being a part of the SPN sangat. Your clear, compassionate posts are often an inspiration to me. I look forward to them.

a.mother

SPNer
Jun 12, 2010
Canada

Dear mannii, First of all your warm welcome on our beloved SPN then I want to say thanks to you why, because if 15 years old comes to SPN then what else parents wants from them? (if you are 15 years old you are like my kids age and I don't know what other happiness parents look for). I am very happy for you that you are here. And you guys can start from anywhere I mean good friends (like SPN) good education and good food (for soul and body). and I know you guys have lot of energy too to learn good stuff.

spnadmin

1947-2014 (Archived)
SPNer
Jun 17, 2004
Welcome to SPN avtarkaint ji welcomekaur

Of course each member and each forum leader and mentor will take you under our wings and help you with any questions you may have.

This is a forum that gets better each day because of its members. :)

Nanhi Singh

SPNer
Feb 11, 2011
Re: Guru Granth and Panth - Passage from Sarbloh Granth

My name is Nanhi.I am a social worker.I want to know everything about the Guru Granth Sahib in detail.I think this forum will be very helpful as you get to know a lot of people's view point.Everything about Sikhism facinates me.It is amazing how scientifically correct the teachings of the Granth Sahib are and very applicable even in today's world.I will appreciate any knowledge that I can gain from here.Thank you.Nanhi Singh

jhelmick

SPNer
Mar 1, 2011
Tacoma WA
Re: Introducing Myself and Some Questions

Greetings and thank you to Tejwant Singh for referring me here.

My name is Jesse, of really no religion, but my own faith. I live in WA State with my significant other, a neurotic dog, and two cats. :)

Regards,
Jesse

Last edited:
Mar 5, 2011
Sikh Marriage

hi friends
i am new to this site so dont know much how to use it. i have a question can you please help me by answering it? can a couple take lava again if they have already done that and already are married to eachother?

❤️ CLICK HERE TO JOIN SPN MOBILE PLATFORM

❤️ CLICK HERE TO JOIN SPN MOBILE PLATFORM

📌 For all latest updates, follow the Official Sikh Philosophy Network Whatsapp Channel: