• Welcome to all New Sikh Philosophy Network Forums!
    Explore Sikh Sikhi Sikhism...

spnadmin

1947-2014 (Archived)
SPNer
Jun 17, 2004
Welcome Surinder Singh ji! I certainly hope that you find many interesting conversations there and that you spend some time interacting with our members. You bring creativity and vision to our mix of members from all over the world.

:happykaur:welcomekaurkaurhug

TKaurG

SPNer
Feb 1, 2011
Montreal
wjkk wjkf :)
my name is Tanvir Kaur from Montreal, Canada
and well i was born a sikh and with guru's kirpa, will remain a sikh forever :)
i came to this site to get different prespectives on different parts of the religion, through the discussion and all, so i'm very happy to meet you all :)
and btw the smilies are very very cute! :grinningkudi:

- Tanvir

Admin

SPNer
Jun 1, 2004
SPN
Warm Welcome to SPN Tanvir Kaur Ji!

And all cute Sikh Smileys are courtesy and creativity of one and only Mai Harinder Kaur Ji!

We hope your enjoy your stay over here and we have mutually learning experience from your presence at SPN.

Gurfateh! welcomemunda

spnadmin

1947-2014 (Archived)
SPNer
Jun 17, 2004
Tanvir Kaur ji

It is a pleasure to greet you. Welcome to SPN. I am very happy that you found us, and that your early impression is that SPN is a place for learning and growing. That has been my continual experience.

Enjoy the dialogue and the reading. We aim to please as we can do best. Thanks for joining our team. Thanks from all of us.

cheerleader :happykaur: welcomekaur

spnadmin

1947-2014 (Archived)
SPNer
Jun 17, 2004
anakiput ji

I hope that we stay true to our course also. You message is so short and it is also very clear. Please contribute the wisdom of your experience and insights to the audience here at SPN. We can only become better because of it.

welcomekaurwelcomekaurwelcomekaurwelcomekaur

Mai Harinder Kaur

Mentor
Writer
SPNer
Oct 5, 2006
British Columbia, Canada
gurfateh!
i am new on site but not new to sikhism. after witnessing both the ghalukara & 84 riots by my own eyes do feel we have somewhat gone off our objectives & do hope waheguru gives us samatyah future will get brighter.

A great hearty welcome, Brother Anankhiput ji! welcomemundawelcomemundawelcomekaurI also witnessed both of those nasty 1984 events. Participated in the Delhi Pogrom as a warrior against the thugs, :swordfight-kudiyan:swordfightalong with my family. (I was the only survivor.) I would love to hear/read your recollections. I don't find many that are willing to share their experiences.

Remain in chardi kala! The future is indeed bright!
animatedkhanda1

Mai

spnadmin

1947-2014 (Archived)
SPNer
Jun 17, 2004
Thanks for letting me introduce myself. I visit as many Sikh-related sites as I can, and have been learning about Sikhi and Sikh issues for many years.

Eleanor Nesbitt

Eleanor Nesbitt ji

Welcome to the forum. I am humbled and hopeful by your visit. What else can I say? Except one little thing... I was reading a book online by Eleanor Nesbitt last night. Thank you for your contributions to this forum. :)

welcomekaur

spnadmin

1947-2014 (Archived)
SPNer
Jun 17, 2004
Dylan ji

Welcome to SPN and your enthusiasm shows through. Let us get to know you better - please participate in our discussions, and start some discussions. Hope that you find your time here well spent.

Regarding your question on Sikh festivals. The short answer is, No. There is no single thread about all Sikh festivals in one spot. You can however find an enormous amount of information on individual threads about individual Sikh festivals, such as Vaisakhi or the martyrdom days of shaheeds. I personally do not endorse listing all festivals in a single thread. Reasons follow.

Five different Sikh calendars are now hotly debated: 1) Original Hindu Bikkram Samvat; 1) Nanakashahi (Purewal, 2003 revision); 3) Nanakshahi (SGPC, revised, 2010); 4) radical Tat Gurmat (celebrates only birth of Guru Nanak, Martyrdom of Guru Arjan Dev, Vaisakhi; 5) radical Sikh (all months, weekdays and feasts given completely new Sikh only names, and dates revised). Before any discussion could take place on a thread, we would need to know what calendar was under discussion.

The subject itself of "festivals" is a problem, particularly if we include one or omit another. Let me give an example. Lohri is NOT a Sikh festival, but a Punjabi festival. If we include Lohri many will complain, and if we leave it out others will complain. To what end?

Similar examples are many, and the thread would become very confusing. It is much better to discuss gurpurabs and festivals one at a time, one thread at a time.
You can also click on the Calendar tab, as we do keep track of gurpurabs and major festivals there.

Thanks for joining our community! :)

welcomekaur welcomekaur welcomekaur welcomekaur welcomekaur

spnadmin

1947-2014 (Archived)
SPNer
Jun 17, 2004
angie414 ji

I was without religion for about 35 years until I discovered Sikhi, quite by accident. And after sorting through several well known sites, I settled here and have only learned from the forum and its members. Learned about gurbani, about Sikhism, and about myself. :happykaur::happykaur::happykaur:

Welcome to SPN

welcomekaur welcomekaur

Aug 28, 2010
ANGLE 414 Ji,

There are many ways to complete the journey to destination.Now you have boerded on right mode of transport to make the journey of your soul.You will surely understand your right choice, great welcome to the FORUM,
With best Wishes
{rakash.S.Bagga

rajalaw

SPNer
Feb 21, 2011
Cupertino, CA
Hi: just signed up. Wanted to say hello. I am interested in getting lyrics of 1-2 shabads in Punjabi so that I could try singing Waheguru's praise. Goal is to sing and feel Him more closely. New idea for me. Not a singer. I want to try 100% for sure since I feel that this idea is being sent to me through different channels. Need help in implementing this idea. Thank you.

spnadmin

1947-2014 (Archived)
SPNer
Jun 17, 2004
Daryl Cain ji

Welcome to SPN welcomekaur welcomekaur welcomekaur

I don't know how much peace and quiet you will find at SPN, since internet forums tend to be lively places, or at least the good ones are.

For peace if not quiet I strongly recommend that you make use of our jukebox which is full of inspiring shabads sung by the best ragis and raginis. You can find the link over to the middle right of the home page, with a picture of a ragi as the linked image.

For peace and quiet you can read shabad guru for hours at a time. And ponder the Daily Hukamnama by clicking the link at the top of the forum home page.

I do hope you find what you seek here. Let us know how we can be helpful.. :happykaur:

❤️ CLICK HERE TO JOIN SPN MOBILE PLATFORM

❤️ CLICK HERE TO JOIN SPN MOBILE PLATFORM

📌 For all latest updates, follow the Official Sikh Philosophy Network Whatsapp Channel: