• Welcome to all New Sikh Philosophy Network Forums!
    Explore Sikh Sikhi Sikhism...

spnadmin

1947-2014 (Archived)
SPNer
Jun 17, 2004
curious seeker ji

:welcome::welcome::welcome:

You and I have already had several very interesting conversations here at SPN. I hope that other members will engage you in the same way. It is wonderful that you have jumped in with both feet and are asking some important questions. Don't worry about being long-winded -- you have more than one compatriot in that realm.

Thanks for taking our faith seriously. For writing thoughtful reflections. Please also share your understanding of other faiths with us.

Enjoy SPN.

Mai Harinder Kaur

Mentor
Writer
SPNer
Oct 5, 2006
British Columbia, Canada
Dear Curious Seeker ji,

:welcome::welcome::welcome::welcome:

Welcome from a curious Sikh. I have retained a child-like curiosity about everything. Anyway, I hope it's child-like and not merely childish.

Your journey sounds like an interesting one. I know very little about Zoroastrianism except that I like the way the word rolls off my tongue. Have you investigated Baha'i? That's one of those religions I've been curious what they believe but have never investigated.

I share the panentheistic Sikh belief that God is in each of us and, in fact, take walks where I consciously attempt to see the Eternal Divine in everything from the beautiful flowers and my friendly neighbours to the soppy, stinking cigarette butts by the storm drain. Some things are easier than others.

I very much look forward to reading your experiences along the journey as you write here. I look forward to getting to know you better.

Chardi kala! :ice:

:happykaur:

Last edited:

DaSur

SPNer
Feb 28, 2010
:happykaur: Hola brothers and sisters, my name is DaSur and I am a decendant of a Punjabi Sikh by my grandfather who met my Mexican grandmother in the USA. I know, it's rather an unusual story. Maybe one day I will post my story in detail. In the meantime, I am priveledge to be amoung you, where our beliefs and common philosophies are shared.

spnadmin

1947-2014 (Archived)
SPNer
Jun 17, 2004
:happykaur: Hola brothers and sisters, my name is DaSur and I am a decendant of a Punjabi Sikh by my grandfather who met my Mexican grandmother in the USA. I know, it's rather an unusual story. Maybe one day I will post my story in detail. In the meantime, I am priveledge to be amoung you, where our beliefs and common philosophies are shared.

DaSur ji

Welcome! You know there is a great website co-sponsored by the University of California Los Angeles and Punjabi Heritage that chronicles the story of Sikh immigrants and Mexican spouses. Individual families and their oral histories, along with photographs, are there in abundance. I know a little about this. It is a fascinating tale that this forum would love to hear. So please post. And if you don't know about that treasure on the web, let me know and I will send you the links. It makes for hours of fascinating reading.

Thanks for joining our network. :happykaur:

Mai Harinder Kaur

Mentor
Writer
SPNer
Oct 5, 2006
British Columbia, Canada
DaSur ji,

I cannot contain myself. I have read and heard about the Punjabi immigrants who married Mexican women, but I have never met one. This is so exciting! You simply must tell us all about it.

Am I being too enthusiastic? I don't mean to, really. I really do want to hear about this, though. Please write about it.

And, of course, about yourself, as well. Who do you identify with. That is one side of the family. You must have another parent, as well. (That is absolutely necessary, you know.)

In any case, welcome:welcome: Enjoy SPN ! There's a lot going on here and we are a friendly bunch.

Chardi kala!

:ice:

DaSur

SPNer
Feb 28, 2010
Narayanjot Ji,
Yes, I have researched several websites about Punjabi Heritage and Sikh immigrants all the way to the Inland Valley of California. I am proud that my grandfather was a single man when he married my grandmother. At that time, many lonely Sikh men abandoned their wives in India but only after they migrated to CA and eventually married other women. I would enjoy receiving links about this subject, at your convinience.

Feb 25, 2010
Hola Dasur

Un Sikh Mexicano! I was born in Cuba many , many moons ago. And I am fluent in a very accented Cuban type Spanish. Are you aware of a Spanish Translation of the Guru Granth Sahib?

Bendiciones!
Curious

Last edited:

DaSur

SPNer
Feb 28, 2010
:) Hi Curious Seeker, thank you for your post. Yes, I have found GGS translated in Spanish. There are a handful of Sikhs who were born, live and raise their children in Mexico. I will send you the link of the GGS in Spanish. Did you ever hear of "La China Poblano" in Mexico? Are you familiar with the red, white and green dress little girls wear and how the little girls also wear double braids with ribbons in their hair? Well, it's the "traditional" folkloric style in Mexico. The tradition orginiated from a beautiful India princess who arrived on a Spanish ship as a slave. The natives of Mexico loved her very dearly because she was so kind and caring. She was beautiful and she wore exotic saris from India. She gave to the poor and cared for the people of Meixco. Today, most mexican people think she was a girl from China, because she originated from "Asia" but in fact, she was from India. I love this story of "La China Poblano."

Feb 25, 2010
Hi DaSur

Wow that is so interesting, thanks! Do please send me that link I want all my Hispanic friends to learn about Sikhi!!!

Blessings
Curious

Last edited:
Mar 8, 2010
I am a baptised gursikh .My dob is 15th april 1939. I have been living with my family .I di lot of volunteer work in my time .Most of my life is dedicated to visit sick people in my home town.Leicester U K. I sit with them say prayers for rhem specialy our elderly folks whom are very vunerable due to the lack of english and english speaking command. Guru sahib have blessed me with this seva, i feel proud and privelaged to help. Das di App sabh noo Guru Fateh Parvan Hovey Ji

Guru Rakha Das Sulakhan Singh Dard:happysingh:

spnadmin

1947-2014 (Archived)
SPNer
Jun 17, 2004
dardi ji

Welcome to SPN. :welcome::welcome::welcome:In times like these it is so refreshing to hear from someone who brings peace at the time of death -- which is truly the end of all suffering. Yet, for most of us it helps for someone like you to pave our way, the last sounds perhaps being those of the ShabadGuru. I pray only that when my time comes there will be someone like you who will read Sukhmani and that these will be the final notes of my life.

Please do enjoy SPN and make it your forum.

Blessings!

mukul singh

SPNer
Jul 31, 2009
Sat-Shri-Akaal

I am giving a small introduction of mine as asked by Aman Singh Ji.

My name is Mukul Singh & i am from a family which is broken in parts forsome reasons.i Got in touch from sikhism in Year 2000. My mother belongs to sikh family as my nana ji was not saraar but has served 50years of his life in Gurudwara Sis Ganj Sahib Ji. and has a small gurudwara at home from long years though he is not sardaar neither i am. me & mom shifted in 2000 to their home thats near Gurudwara Nanak Piyao Sahib Ji.Today whatever is is the mess i know i am not capable of anything but GURU NANAK JI IS. He has given his mantra which i gota chance to share

Tareyaan Jahan Leha Abhiman Jini Darshan Paya,
Jini Tu Dhano Dhan Keya Tin Jam Ned Na Aya

My relief from any pain is Guruwara now & i am rocking in my life.Our family is lucky to have have Guru Granth Sahib Ji at home.

Those who are unable to understand Punjabi,for them All i have understood our religon is
HELP THE WEAK & NEVER DO THAT WORK WHICH PAYS YOU GUILTY.
DO YOUR LEVEL BEST TO BE CALLED AS A HUMAN, THATS RELIGON IS ALL ABOUT.

and Keep this mantra with you & keep repeating in your heart & see the magic of Dhan Guru Nanak Ji.

If i hurt anybody feelings, kindly consider this as my mistake & forgive.I consider myself as a very novince to my own religon.

Gurufateh
Mukul Singh:wah:

spnadmin

1947-2014 (Archived)
SPNer
Jun 17, 2004
mokul singh ji Welcome to SPN. I hope you will post more of your thoughts regarding sangat and the shabad of Sri Guru Granth Sahib. Your words are so inspiring as you permit Waheguru to lift you up! I cannot say more.

:welcome::welcome::welcome::welcome:

Mai Harinder Kaur

Mentor
Writer
SPNer
Oct 5, 2006
British Columbia, Canada
Mukul Singh ji,

I admit that I do not understand everything you have written here; I do see that your love of Guru ji and of Sikhi comes shining through like the sun.

Welcome :welcome:to SPN and please enjoy yourself. You are among friends.

Chardi kala!

:happykaur::swordfight::happykudi:

❤️ CLICK HERE TO JOIN SPN MOBILE PLATFORM

❤️ CLICK HERE TO JOIN SPN MOBILE PLATFORM

📌 For all latest updates, follow the Official Sikh Philosophy Network Whatsapp Channel: