• Welcome to all New Sikh Philosophy Network Forums!
    Explore Sikh Sikhi Sikhism...

Mai Harinder Kaur

Mentor
Writer
SPNer
Oct 5, 2006
British Columbia, Canada
Lighten up, kid! Life is more interesting when you associate with all sorts of different types. Remember, when you associate with us, we are also associating with you. :swordfight:

I am a survivor of both the Punjab cops and the 1984 antiSikh Pogrom in Delhi. I mostly try to educate people about the things I have experienced. :AR15firing:

I'm not academic, just a Kaur who has had some rather strange experiences that I choose to share with the world. My son was younger than you when he was killed, so I have some experience in dealing with young boys. :chainsaw:

I like Narayanjot Kaur ji. Beyond that, she can do as she pleases. Or not. :yes:

Feb 8, 2010
Lighten up, kid! Life is more interesting when you associate with all sorts of different types. Remember, when you associate with us, we are also associating with you. :swordfight:

I am a survivor of both the Punjab cops and the 1984 antiSikh Pogrom in Delhi. I mostly try to educate people about the things I have experienced. :AR15firing:

I'm not academic, just a Kaur who has had some rather strange experiences that I choose to share with the world. My son was younger than you when he was killed, so I have some experience in dealing with young boys. :chainsaw:

I like Narayanjot Kaur ji. Beyond that, she can do as she pleases. Or not. :yes:

No way thats crazy:eek:

gur_meet

SPNer
Feb 3, 2010
India, Canada

What a combination of smilies
:) :happy:

spnadmin

1947-2014 (Archived)
SPNer
Jun 17, 2004
Re: Hello

Light conversation :rofl: We need that every now and then.

Hello Vivek042 ji,

Welcome to our forum :welcome: We are most pleased that you have joined. And not only that we hope that you will participate in conversations on threads and topics of interest to you.

Enjoy SPN. There are many resources that members can use and all of the leaders and mentors are here to help you .

Narayanjot Kaur

DD3

SPNer
Feb 9, 2010
hello to everyone im D i am new to this and know very little about sihk but i keep an open mind and am willing to learn more .if anyone has any pointers or suggestions they
would be greatfully received thank you for your time!!:)

Mai Harinder Kaur

Mentor
Writer
SPNer
Oct 5, 2006
British Columbia, Canada
A most hearty welcome, D. :welcome::welcome: If you want to learn about Sikhi, you've come to the right place.

You might like to start out in the section called "New To Sikhism" which is listed about half way down on the Home Page. Or you might like to look through other sections.

Immediately under the New To Sikhism section are "Interfaith Dialogue." I don't know what religion, if any, you are most familiar with, but it's probably there. This is a big site and there is much to do. Look around and pick whatever is interesting.

And have fun. You are among friends.

:ice:

Mai

spnadmin

1947-2014 (Archived)
SPNer
Jun 17, 2004
Welcome DD3 ji

I really appreciate the fact you have taken the time to visit us here. And I hope that you will become an active member. Please participate in our discussions to the fullest and start your own threads.

We become a better Internet community when people like you join, discuss, debate, and intereact.

:happykaur:

Feb 17, 2010
I'm new here, I seems I may post replys I believe but may not start threads yet. I am an observant Jew who, just prior to becoming observant, was diswayed from Sikhism by a (at the time), convincing person and a lack of responses to attempts at contacting area Sikhs. Ever since, every few years, Sikhism somehow re-presents itself in oft times bizarre ways...a year *almost to the day* after having sent an email to a similar list as this inquiring about area gurudwaras (and a year into observance), I received a reply - the same day I had been thinking about what things would be like if I had become sikh. that same few days period, I had 'said' to God to give me some sort of sign if he was serious, that after making such big decisions as a total change of life I was somehow to do it again - and at that point a Sikh man ascended the stairs to my workplace (we had ONE turbaned, non-amritdhari sikh law student at the time and one occasional medical student visiting the building, and it was the med student). I laughed, almost outloud (a library). I went outside a bit latter, and a sporty car overzealously personalized with the khanda drove by the front door. I was spooked at this point and dropped it. It happened again several times recently, but I again have washed my hands of it. One thing living a life inclined to the Divine has taught me is NOT to heed "signs"...as ironic as it sounds. Having adopted one path in life that has made marriage and lifeways difficult, I can't imagine at this point adopting Sikhism and ever getting married and settled in life. Honestly, a convert to any faith that is also a way of life not at all a simple thing...how receptive is ANY community, really, to a person who leaves another community to join theirs? I do not mean in the sense of accepting converts, i'm sure there are a few communities other than 3HO that are welcoming - (and I mean no offense by mentioning them, but they are very much an independent missionary effort with aspects particular to them). But the sort of person who leaves one path for another is - someone who can leave one path for another AND another! It may very well be true that Sikhism had an early history of adopting converts who had no ties to Punjab, etc, etc - but that was a long time ago. I can understand why such people are often lonely *wherever* they find themselves. I should really like to hear what has been going on with Aryeh Leib, and earlier poster, if he is still 'around'. be well!
me

spnadmin

1947-2014 (Archived)
SPNer
Jun 17, 2004
Welcome back keepscomingback ji

You have at least 10 possible threads that would be most interesting in your one paragraph introduction. Why don't you start a thread as I suspect other forum members will be as intrigued as I am.

:welcome::welcome::welcome::welcome:

Mai Harinder Kaur

Mentor
Writer
SPNer
Oct 5, 2006
British Columbia, Canada
yachi ji,

A most hearty welcomw! :welcome::welcome::welcome:

We're a pretty friendly group here. Just be nice to us and most of us will be nice to you. Go to the home page and explore whatever looks interesting to you.

You're from Delhi? I haven't been there since early November 1984. I'm sure there have been a few changes.

I look forward to reading what you have to say.

Chardi kala! :ice:

spnadmin

1947-2014 (Archived)
SPNer
Jun 17, 2004
welcome yachi ji

It is great to welcome you and I hope that your stay here is one that is fun, educational, and uplifting. :welcome::welcome::welcome:

I hope that you will contribute to discussions and share your perspectives from your experiences as your see things unfolding culturally, politically, spiritually in your life and in your part of the world.

Great! Make SPN a daily stop on the journey of your life.

spnadmin

1947-2014 (Archived)
SPNer
Jun 17, 2004
jagmeetji :welcome::welcome::welcome::welcome::welcome:

Thanks for changing your fonts. And for a recent contribution in which you tell us about the beautiful kirtan from Hazoorsahibji.

Please also avoid the text-speak that you use if you are going to leave a post longer than 3 sentences. Many members here are not part of the text message culture and cannot understand what you are saying with the text-me version of the English language.

Again,welcome!

Feb 25, 2010
Hello All

I have finally wandered into the Inroduction page!. Hi I am not a Sikh, I have had a rather varied journey encompassing , Atheism, Xianity, Zoroastrianism (Of the Iranian kind, not Parsiism which is not open to us Juddins as they say). I thought my journey would end there but, alas, I have found that men have the peculiar, and unnerving, abilityto take the most sublime and lofty ideals and beliefs and make them ineffectual.

Besides they are so few and far spread (in the West where I reside) that communion with like minded believers is almost impossible and my soul is just thirsting for that very important spiritual necessity. So... here I am seeking and curious that is why I landed on curious seeker as my 'handle'

What first attracted me to your, may I honestly say without adulation, BEAUTIFUL faith is that whenever I answered one of those 'What do you believe in ' surveys I was always considered to be Sikh. I guess this came from the fact that the 'brand' or school of Zoroastrianism that attracted me is so very , eerily so in fact, similar to your faith.

Also in my rather long search (I am no 'spring chicken' as North Americans say) I soon came to realize that God is always ´there´, that is,when you seek Him-Her you must certainly will find Him. Even in the most strange places and belief systems he will surprise with His presence. So when I search and I journey is not looking for a perfect religion, since, if I were to find one and then join it will cease to be perfect Because as the TRUE ONE knows I am still a work in progress. Rather I am seeking for the religion that seems closer to the riddle that is God . A wonderful riddle He is, to our, or at least mine, confused minds.

Well I am being long winded, (one of my many faults) and I just want to end this by thanking all of you for this site and or being open to 'curious' wanderers with many questions like me. I want to learn as much of your faith as I can I have some burning questions and some unfulfilled hopes I hope that my wandering days will soon be over perhaps I will find my answer here.

Blessings to All
Curious Seeker

Last edited:

❤️ CLICK HERE TO JOIN SPN MOBILE PLATFORM

❤️ CLICK HERE TO JOIN SPN MOBILE PLATFORM

📌 For all latest updates, follow the Official Sikh Philosophy Network Whatsapp Channel: