• Welcome to all New Sikh Philosophy Network Forums!
    Explore Sikh Sikhi Sikhism...

spnadmin

1947-2014 (Archived)
SPNer
Jun 17, 2004
newkid ji

Welcome. Yours is a very upbeat message. I hope that you find many ways to extend your stay. Enjoy all SPN has to offer.

As Mai ji said, do participate in our discussions. But also enjoy our Book Store, our downloads sections, all of our videos, and the company of some very interesting and informed people.

:happy::happy::happy::happy::happy:

gur_meet

SPNer
Feb 3, 2010
India, Canada
Being a born Sikh i have been aware of Sikhee. After college during start of my career there was a tense office issue anxiety. Sensing my problem my father suggested that i do Ardas before the SGGS ji and go to Gurdwara daily for 40 days. I went to Gurdwara the very next day for Ardas with faith for resolution . Then i thought why only regular 40 days ,why not go even closer to the Guru for always so that such worldly tensions do not disturb. That was the time i took Amrit . The journey ever since is that there have been no problems only issues which soon get resolved. A step towards Guru seems like a jump ahead.

Hope to be service to SPN

spnadmin

1947-2014 (Archived)
SPNer
Jun 17, 2004
Welcome dear friend,

As always gur_meet ji

When you speak each word speaks to the very center, to the heart, of a deep reality. I am so very happy that you have joined us here . There are dimensions of truth and faith that we have yet to uncover and you will help us find that path.

Sat Nam
Narayanjot Kaur

gur_meet

SPNer
Feb 3, 2010
India, Canada
Welcome :welcome: and please tell us more. I love the stories of how and why Sikhs allowed themselves to be blessed with Amrit. :wah:

:ice:

First Thank You all for the warm welcome.
To be blessed with Amrit does has a background. A time of prior association with the Guru. Then one day the appropriate moment comes when decision is made.
What could be the triggering factor varies.

While coming out of the Gurdwara once I was asked by one Sikh about where he can go for Amrit immediately. He explained that while listening to a Shabad Kirtan a word struck some cord within .( I am forgetting the word as the incident is very old). He was very emotional at that time . I told him about the Gurdwara and the day on which Amrit Sanchar is held.

gurufateh

spnadmin

1947-2014 (Archived)
SPNer
Jun 17, 2004
Namaskar ji

Welcome to the forum. You say you are new to Toronto and don't care for politics either. Well that is a starting point. I look forward to hearing you share your experiences as a Sikh in Toronto. And your views on why politics is a negative for you.

Hope to see you posting here and enjoying all of our resources too. :welcome:

Mai Harinder Kaur

Mentor
Writer
SPNer
Oct 5, 2006
British Columbia, Canada
Namaskar ji,

Welcome to SPN!!:welcome::welcome:

I'm with you. I detest politics. They are dirty, corrupt, divisive, I could go on and on with the negative adjectives. Not very chardi kala, eh? Unfortunately, with the current crisis in the Panth, I find myself not only enmeshed in politics, but politics half a world away. I often do not understand the Hukam of Vaheguru!

Anyway, here you can have as much or little to do with politics as you wish. You say you are pretty new to Sikhi. Check out the forums for different topics you'd like to learn about and don't forget to download shabads. There is also a book store for your reading pleasure.

:ice:

spnadmin

1947-2014 (Archived)
SPNer
Jun 17, 2004
Ghostface ji

Welcome to SPN :welcome: Games here are actually very good -- probably some of the best on a forum like this. Hope you enjoy them. Try to connect with some of our members while you are here too.

Love your name! :happykaur:

Feb 8, 2010
Ghostface ji

Welcome to SPN :welcome: Games here are actually very good -- probably some of the best on a forum like this. Hope you enjoy them. Try to connect with some of our members while you are here too.

Love your name! :happykaur:

I could get used to the "ji" :p lol yeh ill try and connect with the folks here, (no promises tho) lol

P.s the site's abit to clustered. (Some un- asked feedback of the site) :-D

- Ghostface Killah

spnadmin

1947-2014 (Archived)
SPNer
Jun 17, 2004
I could get used to the "ji" :p lol yeh ill try and connect with the folks here, (no promises tho) lol

P.s the site's abit to clustered. (Some un- asked feedback of the site) :-D

- Ghostface Killah

Thanks for the feedback JI!

I know what you mean. It is very busy to the eye. Problem is -- when we clean it up and put things under tabbed sections, then no one can find anything. Including me!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :D

Feb 8, 2010
Ghostface Killah ji,

Welcome to SPN. :welcome:

And I, for one, care about what each member of SPN thinks, including you. :yes:

As long as you ARE thinking and not just squawking. :giggle:

Im doing both :tongue:

Now i just clicked on Naranjyots & your profiles , shes some sort of profresh and your a writer. Is this forum full of ermmm the "academic" types?

hmmmm i feel outta place lol

-Ghostface Killah

spnadmin

1947-2014 (Archived)
SPNer
Jun 17, 2004
Ghostface ji

Don't worry about it! Just visit the forum areas that you are interested in and enjoy yourself. The academic types fade in and out. It takes all types to make a world. Not a problem. :D

❤️ CLICK HERE TO JOIN SPN MOBILE PLATFORM

❤️ CLICK HERE TO JOIN SPN MOBILE PLATFORM

📌 For all latest updates, follow the Official Sikh Philosophy Network Whatsapp Channel: