• Welcome to all New Sikh Philosophy Network Forums!
    Explore Sikh Sikhi Sikhism...

Mai Harinder Kaur

Mentor
Writer
SPNer
Oct 5, 2006
British Columbia, Canada
Hi, thinkforyourself ji and welcome! :welcome:

We are from the same generation, (I'm 57,) and when I saw your name, the first thing that came to my mind was, "Do what you want to do, Go where you're going to..." Not sure that's quite right, but that's how I remember it.

Please express yourself freely here. For the most part, we're a pretty open-minded and very friendly bunch. I look forward to benefiting from your knowledge and research.

When I was a kid, my Dad - a most remarkable man - also insisted that we study all religions we could find. Shinto was disregarded because Amaterasu-no-kami was just too cumbersome a name to deal with. Zoroastrianism doesn't let people who aren't born to it in. I would like to add Taoism to your list, if I may. A great philosophy, in many ways resembling Sikhi, but without Naam, :wah: the heart and soul is/are missing. (Modern Taoism has little to do with the T'ao Te Ch'ing, being mostly a mishmash of superstitions.)

I look forward to many interesting discussions.

Chardi kala! :ice:

Mai

vsgrewal48895

Writer
SPNer
Mar 12, 2009
Michigan
Think of your self Ji,

Wecome to SPN. I liked your description of various religions. Please share your thoughts with us a little more and question other members for a constructive dialogue.

Virinder S Grewal

danielle k

SPNer
Aug 10, 2009
Chichester, at the moment.
Waheguruji ka Khalsa!
Waheguruji ki fateh!

I am:
Citizen of the World.
Multi-lingual (Chinese, French, Norwegian, Swedish, some Hindi and Urdu...and of course...English. Sorry...no Gurbani!)
Artistic
Open
Intellectual
Opinionated
Gregarious
Trying
Silly
Clumsy
Sincere
Friendly
Not Punjabi.

I am staying in the UK a while...just got back from a couple of years in Singapore but may be upping sticks again soon.

Over the past 7 months or so I have begun seriously my journey on the road of Sikhi. I am interested in making friends and learning from them, sniffing the roses along the way.

I am sincerely curious about some aspects of the Sikh religion as I try to adopt a Sikh lifestyle and good ethics and practice. I really appreciate the advice of colleagues in all this.

Trying to get ready to do a PhD on Mandarin and Hindi language films.

Shukriya!

D

spnadmin

1947-2014 (Archived)
SPNer
Jun 17, 2004
:welcome::welcome:Welcome danielle ji

What an exciting life and so many outstanding talents. We are very happy to greet you and welcome you to SPN. I hope you will share your experiences from traveling and being a student of languages, film, and cultures.

Make SPN your second home for the while -- you should try to stay in touch no matter where you are in the world. And I wish the best on your journey in Sikhism.

vsgrewal48895

Writer
SPNer
Mar 12, 2009
Michigan
Dear Danielle K Ji,

Wecome to SPN and it was wonderful to know about your attributes. There is a post of mine on duality and can be found in the archives of the forum, which may or may not answer some of your questions but will give you some information on the subject as I understand. Narayanjot Ji can help you in finding it.

Cordially,

virindergrewal@cablespeed.com

Tejwant Singh

Mentor
Writer
SPNer
Jun 30, 2004
Henderson, NV.
Danielle K ji,

Guru Fateh.

I wrote a post to welcome you and it disappeared in the maze of internet somehow. Let me try again.

Welcome. I am glad you found SPN and in return we have found a person that is multifaceted with talents which would be the envy of anyone.

You will find here open-mindedness which Sikhi demands from us.

Please share with us how you were introduced to Sikhi and what made you delve more into it. I am very much interested in knowing your journey so far and I am sure many other members would also be.

You may start a new thread for that if you wish, which would be advisable.

Thanks & welcome once again. We hope to learn from the nuggets of treasure that you have accumulated within from the journey of yours.

Regards

Tejwant Singh

Mai Harinder Kaur

Mentor
Writer
SPNer
Oct 5, 2006
British Columbia, Canada
Danielle K ji,

Hello and welcome! :welcome:

You are on an exciting journey. Who knows where it will lead? Some years someone told me that the person beginning the spiritual journey is like a fish gasping for water in the air. (I am right now writing a children's book about such a fish.) May you soon discover the joys of swimming free in whatever body of water you find yourself.

If you are interested in recent Sikh history, you might appreciate the stories of what happened to my family and me during 1984. I will warn you that these are not pleasant, but they do have their uplifting aspects. The links are in my blog, The Road To Khalistan at: THE ROAD TO KHALISTAN: Our Stories From 1984

Chardi kala! :ice:

Mai

Embers

SPNer
Aug 10, 2009
EU
Hello All,
I would like to introduce myself briefly. My name is Ambers and I am 33 year old Male living in Europe.

I bring with me some previous knowledge of Gurdjieff (Fourth Way) and Vedanta. I look forward to learning much more about Sikh Philosophy and reading your valued opinions. I am open minded with a view to Truth and enjoying life.

I hope I can contribute positively to this wondeful forum. Thank you!

spnadmin

1947-2014 (Archived)
SPNer
Jun 17, 2004
Ambers ji :welcome::welcome::welcome: to SPN. To have your perspectives is our good fortune as we always benefit with better conversations and debates when our members bring the stuff of knowledge and the spice of intellect. I am so glad that you have joined SPN. Please make this a second home where you can relax and enjoy the resources we offer.

If you have a moment, Ambers ji, I would love it if you would explain the symbolism or meaning of your avatar. It has some significance for me and I was wondering why you chose it. Thank you

Thanks again, Narayanjot Kaur

vsgrewal48895

Writer
SPNer
Mar 12, 2009
Michigan
Welcome Amber Ji to SPN which is forum of open minded members and accept you with open arms. Please share and enlighten us with your views on Truth which infact is Akal Purkh Itself.

Virinder

spnadmin

1947-2014 (Archived)
SPNer
Jun 17, 2004
Mehma ji

Welcome to SPN:welcome::welcome::welcome:

Please spend some quality time here on the forum. Coming from Indonesia, you have had insights and experiences that would be very informative and very valuable to many other forum members. I hope you participate in many discussions, and take advantage of all of our forum resources. Gurbani kirtan, the book store networking with other members. So many things.

Fateh ji
Narayanjot Kaur

Mai Harinder Kaur

Mentor
Writer
SPNer
Oct 5, 2006
British Columbia, Canada
Mehma Apar Kaur ji,

Yes! Yes!! Welcome! :welcome:

I admit, I have an agenda. I am incredibly interested in Sikh life in Muslim countries. Most of the information I have is from the more repressive countries around the Arabian Peninsula and Iran and Afghanistan. I have never gotten any information from Indonesia. Please share!

Chardi kala!

:ice:

Odion

SPNer
Aug 21, 2009
Hello all.

Well, introducing myself. There's not much to say, really. I'm a non-Indian and a non-Sikh, but I came here because I'm very interested in Sikhism - and whenever I take the well-known "What Religion Should You Be?" quiz, Sikhism will always be in the top 5 - usually it's the top one on my list! It will say "Sikhism 100%" - I don't know how accurate that is, but I think it's pretty close. :)

I am a seeker, so I am attempting to find a faith that suits me. This, with the addition of Sikhism being one of my top faith compatibility results, led me here - somewhere I can ask questions about Sikhism.

I live in an area with a sizeable Sikh population, so I have been fortunate enough to speak with a few Sikhs and visit a few Gurdwaras. I have read a little bit of the Sri Guru Granth Sahib online, and I find it to be beautiful.

I'm fascinated by the Punjabi language and culture (and food! I'm a foreign-food lover :ice:) and of course, the religion and etiquette.

I have..um.. hobbies! I like cooking, reading, studying religions, debates, languages, cultures etc. I'm also married and a parent of 2 small children, one girl and one boy. I love them both very much. :) I'm very interested in vegetarianism, but not for the concept of "I'm better than you", but just because I want to eat less meat - and when I ate the food at the local Gurdwara, it was beautiful!

Well, that's about all for now. I think! Any questions, let me know. :)
- Odion

spnadmin

1947-2014 (Archived)
SPNer
Jun 17, 2004
Odion ji

You write about yourself like the purrfect forum member. So I welcome you here and hope that you share what you know with us. And I hope that you enjoy our forum and join in discussions with the rest of us. Don't forget to visit our book store, our arcade, our other sites with downloads and videos.

Welcome again:welcome::welcome::welcome:

❤️ CLICK HERE TO JOIN SPN MOBILE PLATFORM

❤️ CLICK HERE TO JOIN SPN MOBILE PLATFORM

📌 For all latest updates, follow the Official Sikh Philosophy Network Whatsapp Channel: