• Welcome to all New Sikh Philosophy Network Forums!
    Explore Sikh Sikhi Sikhism...

Mai Harinder Kaur

Mentor
Writer
SPNer
Oct 5, 2006
British Columbia, Canada
uNTIL nARAYANJOT JI GETS BACK, LET ME SAY hI AND WELCOME. :welcome:OOPS, Sorry, my Caps Lock was on, a common mistake from me.

Anyway, welcome:welcome: and have a good time. Ask lots of questions, answer lots of questions and make lots of comments, please.

Chardi kala!:ice:

Mai

spnadmin

1947-2014 (Archived)
SPNer
Jun 17, 2004
Here we go! Sorry for the delay but my computer screen started blinking and it slowed me down. The lyrics:
Tum Thakur Tum pe Ardaas
Jeev Pind sab teree Raas
Tum Maat Pita hum Baalak terey
Tumharee Kripa mein such ghanerey
Koyee na jaaney tumharaa anta
Oonchey tey oonch Bhagvant

Sagal samagaree tumharey sootar dhaaree
Tumha tey hoy so aagyaa kaaree
Tumharee gat mit tumahee jaanee
Nanak Daas sadaa kurbaanee.

vsgrewal48895

Writer
SPNer
Mar 12, 2009
Michigan
thanks.
but I still cant find what I was looking for in the first place.
I'm looking for "Tu Thakur Tum Pe Ardas".
not the whole shabd, but the part that is sung in the gurudwara.
the one that Agam sings in this video -
YouTube - Agam - Tu Thakur Tum Pe Ardas

Welcome Sohi Ji on SPN and here is your answer;

ਤੂ ਠਾਕੁਰੁ ਤੁਮ ਪਹਿ ਅਰਦਾਸਿ ॥ ਜੀਉ ਪਿੰਡੁ ਸਭੁ ਤੇਰੀ ਰਾਸਿ ॥ ਤੁਮ ਮਾਤ ਪਿਤਾ ਹਮ ਬਾਰਿਕ ਤੇਰੇ ॥ ਤੁਮਰੀ ਕ੍ਰਿਪਾ ਮਹਿ ਸੂਖ ਘਨੇਰੇ ॥ ਕੋਇ ਨ ਜਾਨੈ ਤੁਮਰਾ ਅੰਤੁ ॥ ਕੋਇ ਨ ਜਾਨੈ ਤੁਮਰਾ ਅੰਤੁ ॥ ਊਚੇ ਤੇ ਊਚਾ ਭਗਵੰਤ ॥ ਸਗਲ ਸਮਗ੍ਰੀ ਤੁਮਰੈ ਸੂਤ੍ਰਿ ਧਾਰੀ ॥ ਤੁਮ ਤੇ ਹੋਇ ਸੁ ਆਗਿਆਕਾਰੀ ॥ ਤੁਮਰੀ ਗਤਿ ਮਿਤਿ ਤੁਮ ਹੀ ਜਾਨੀ ॥ ਨਾਨਕ ਦਾਸ ਸਦਾ ਕੁਰਬਾਨੀ ॥੮॥੪॥

Ŧū ṯẖākur ṯum pėh arḏās. Jī▫o pind sabẖ ṯerī rās. Ŧum māṯ piṯā ham bārik ṯere. Ŧumrī kirpā mėh sūkẖ gẖanere. Ko▫e na jānai ṯumrā anṯ. Ūcẖe ṯe ūcẖā bẖagvanṯ. Sagal samagrī ṯumrai suṯir ḏẖārī. Ŧum ṯe ho▫e so āgi▫ākārī. Ŧumrī gaṯ miṯ ṯum hī jānī. Nānak ḏās saḏā kurbānī. ||8||4||

You are our Lord and Master; to You, I offer this prayer. This body and soul are all Your property. You are our mother and father; we are Your children. In Your Grace, there are so many joys! No one knows Your limits. O Highest of the High, Most Generous God, the whole creation is strung on Your thread. That which has come from You is under Your Command. You alone know Your state and extent. Nanak, Your slave, is forever a sacrifice. ||8||4|| -----Guru Arjan, Raag Gauri Sukhmani, AGGS, Page, 268, 2-8

Virinder S. Grewal

Jul 10, 2009
Hi, everyone. My name is Jesse Davis. I'm 30 and live in Tucson, Arizona, with my wife and our two dogs. I'm interested in learning as much about Sikhi as possible, and hope this will be a good resource. I've been studying the Guru Granth (in translation) for some time and I'm thoroughly impressed by how the depths of spiritual experience can be paired with an honest rationality. The Guru Granth can, at once, speak of the greatest mysteries in a way that's humble and authentic. I'd love to speak with others who are in the process of taking up Sikhism as well as from anyone who might have advice to offer.

Also, if anyone is aware of the sikh community in Tucson, I'd appreciate any leads you might have.

Thanks and I look forward to meeting everyone.

Take care,

Jesse

spnadmin

1947-2014 (Archived)
SPNer
Jun 17, 2004

JimRinX

SPNer
Aug 13, 2008
Portland, Oregon, U.S.A.
Mai ji
Aaaaah! Childhoods End, eh? I should have known!
I LOVE Sir Arthur! Now that things are quieting down in Sri Lanka, where he spent his last years, I wonder.....nice Buddhist Country, they need all the Peacniks who haven't got any dirt on them, I LOVE Hindus as much as anyone else, the Hot Climate would be good for my Pain, maybe.....
The only problem is that I'm nearly broke, and the SSA won't let me collect my SSD there.
Hmmmmm. Perhaps, Lotto?
No, NO - I Know What! I'll do what Sir Arthur did; I'll write an Epic Tome or two!:}{}{}:

Mai Harinder Kaur

Mentor
Writer
SPNer
Oct 5, 2006
British Columbia, Canada
JimRinX ji,

Mai ji
Aaaaah! Childhoods End, eh? I should have known!
I LOVE Sir Arthur! Now that things are quieting down in Sri Lanka, where he spent his last years, I wonder.....nice Buddhist Country, they need all the Peacniks who haven't got any dirt on them, I LOVE Hindus as much as anyone else, the Hot Climate would be good for my Pain, maybe.....
The only problem is that I'm nearly broke, and the SSA won't let me collect my SSD there.
Hmmmmm. Perhaps, Lotto?
No, NO - I Know What! I'll do what Sir Arthur did; I'll write an Epic Tome or two!:}{}{}:

I haven't actually read Childhood's End for at least 30 years. I do remember thinking that it would make a MUCH BETTER movie than 2001, which I understand that one really needs to be on drugs, preferably LSD, to make sense of. Not very Khalsa-ish.

Writing an epic tome or two would be cool. Definitely cool. :cool: I'm working, or rather playing in my spare time, on an autobiography at the insistence of a very dear elderly gentleman (Sikh) who is a surrogate father, of sorts, to me. Autobiographies tend to be indulgent ego trips, I know, and mine will be no exception.::cool:2:

Love! Adventure! Excitement! Courageous warriors! Noble Survivors! Beautiful Ladies In Distress! Last Minute Rescue! Ghosts! Insanity! Genocide! Who could ask for more?:eek:

Chardi kala :ice:

Mai

Admin

SPNer
Jun 1, 2004
SPN

AusDesi

SPNer
Jul 18, 2009
Dharmashtere Australiashtre
Hello

I guess i should have done it earlier but i didn't find this thread.

Anyways, my name is Manish. I live in Sydney, Australia. I was born in Haryana, India in a Punjabi background. My parents migrated to Australia when i was 12 and we're all now Australian citizens.

I found this forum by accident, I was looking for something and came upon it. In the past i've tried to stay away from Sikh forums. They tend to have many members who post with little thought, alot of anger and tend to be quite anti-hindu at times. However, this forum seems quite level-headed, respectful with nice debates.

Well I hope i will have a good time.

oh and if someone here happens to be from Faridabad, Haryana(next door to Delhi) then a big thumbs up to you.

cheers,

Manish

vsgrewal48895

Writer
SPNer
Mar 12, 2009
Michigan
Welcome Manish to SPN. Sikhism is the only Faith which respects other religions and is non-missionary but of course attractive being monotheistic, simple and universal in nature and founded on humility.

Cordially,

Virinder S. Grewal

spnadmin

1947-2014 (Archived)
SPNer
Jun 17, 2004
Welcome Gagandeep Singh ji :welcome::welcome::welcome: Aman ji has responded to your question and now I want to encourage you to continue posting here and become part of our online community.

❤️ CLICK HERE TO JOIN SPN MOBILE PLATFORM

❤️ CLICK HERE TO JOIN SPN MOBILE PLATFORM

📌 For all latest updates, follow the Official Sikh Philosophy Network Whatsapp Channel: