• Welcome to all New Sikh Philosophy Network Forums!
    Explore Sikh Sikhi Sikhism...

spnadmin

1947-2014 (Archived)
SPNer
Jun 17, 2004
Addsaini ji

Welcome to SPN :welcome::welcome::welcome::welcome: We look forward to your active participation in threads and discussions. Please start some threads and join in discussions. Check out the mp3 downloads, game arcade, SPN book store. There are a host of resources to make you feel at home. So spend some time and interact with us. :thumbup:

JimRinX

SPNer
Aug 13, 2008
Portland, Oregon, U.S.A.
Dear: aad002
Did you put Ginger in the Carrot Soup? If if was not a Bisque, then I'd say you should add some Lemon Grass, too.
Maybe we should start a 'recipies' forum - or do we already have one?
Because I focused mostly on Tuscan and Provencial Cuisine, I was a Professional Chef - before my Neurologist said to, "Not so much as push a broom," in 2000 - I'm sure you guys and gals could teach me a thing or two about Vegetarian and Indian/Punjabi Cuisine!
I once had a guy tell me that he'd eaten thousands of bowls of Clam Chowder (Do you eat shellfish? Other fish would work, too!) "From Boston to Beijing" and that MY Clam Chowder (Sorry Kooch {My Hawaian Mentor}, but I actually improved on your Recipe) was "The Best he'd ever had!!!":shifty:
Let me know, and I'll share it with you - it's all in the procedure, you see.:)

spnadmin

1947-2014 (Archived)
SPNer
Jun 17, 2004
JimRiinX ji

We do have a Recipes section. Yes it was more of a bisque -- made from a simple veloutee. The predominant seasoning was nutmeg.

:)

Dear: aad002
Did you put Ginger in the Carrot Soup? If if was not a Bisque, then I'd say you should add some Lemon Grass, too.
Maybe we should start a 'recipies' forum - or do we already have one?
Because I focused mostly on Tuscan and Provencial Cuisine, I was a Professional Chef - before my Neurologist said to, "Not so much as push a broom," in 2000 - I'm sure you guys and gals could teach me a thing or two about Vegetarian and Indian/Punjabi Cuisine!
I once had a guy tell me that he'd eaten thousands of bowls of Clam Chowder (Do you eat shellfish? Other fish would work, too!) "From Boston to Beijing" and that MY Clam Chowder (Sorry Kooch {My Hawaian Mentor}, but I actually improved on your Recipe) was "The Best he'd ever had!!!":shifty:
Let me know, and I'll share it with you - it's all in the procedure, you see.:)

May 28, 2009
Addsaini ji

Welcome to SPN :welcome::welcome::welcome::welcome: We look forward to your active participation in threads and discussions. Please start some threads and join in discussions. Check out the mp3 downloads, game arcade, SPN book store. There are a host of resources to make you feel at home. So spend some time and interact with us. :thumbup:

Waheguru Ji Ja Khalsa..Waheguru Ji Ki Fateh......

Thanks for such a warm welcome. I will try my best. Sorry, I haven't introduced my self properly earlier..and its a introduction post...I think I should do it now..

I am basically from India, where I completed MBA-Finance (Univ. of Pune), worked for 6 years, then thought of studying further and came to US in 2006. Graduated in May 2009 as Masters of Arts in Accountancy, simultaneous passed CFA -I, CPA 2 sections. Well presently looking for a job along with preparing for another two sections of CPA.

I don't know how I fall for Sikhism again...and now I am more strong regarding Guru's love and care. May be because of my mother's love towards Guru was somewhere in my inner conscious, and later in 2008 it started coming up by Guru Ji's grace. I am very much thankful to Guru Ji for showing me right direction.

I am also a Waheguru seeker.

Waheguru Ji Ka Khalsa..Waheguru Ji Ki Fateh...

Mai Harinder Kaur

Mentor
Writer
SPNer
Oct 5, 2006
British Columbia, Canada
Sat shri akaal AdsKhalsa and welcome from me.:welcome:

You said:

I will try to give you a start in seeking Waheguru. Like inside. Look outside. Look into the mirror. Look at pretty things. Look at indira gandhi. Look at the wet cigarette butts in the gutter after a rain. (I don't like those last two either, but, hey, I didn't make up the rules.) Look at a kitten, alive or dead. You get the idea.

In fact, Waheguru is much harder to get away from than to find. In fact, impossible. :wah:

I wonder why that's so hard to grasp for all of us, and so much harder to remember.

(This smiley really doesn't belong here, but there's just something about a temper tantrum. :inca: Why is he called "Inca"?)

Now I am being paged to take the dog for a walk. Wonder if I'll run into Waheguru?

Chardi kala! :ice:

Last edited:
May 28, 2009
Sat shri akaal AdsKhalsa and welcome from me.:welcome:

You said:

I will try to give you a start in seeking Waheguru. Like inside. Look outside. Look into the mirror. Look at pretty things. Look at indira gandhi. Look at the wet cigarette butts in the gutter after a rain. (I don't like those last two either, but, hey, I didn't make up the rules.) Look at a kitten, alive or dead. You get the idea.

In fact, Waheguru is much harder to get away from than to find. In fact, impossible. :wah:

I wonder why that's so hard to grasp for all of us, and so much harder to remember.

(This smiley really doesn't belong here, but there's just something about a temper tantrum. :inca: Why is he called "Inca"?)

Now I am being paged to take the dog for a walk. Wonder if I'll run into Waheguru?

Sat Sri Akaal Mai Ji...and Waheguru Ji Ka Khalsa..Waheguru Ji Ki Fateh.....

Its a great Idea...I first though why Indira Gandhi...then I read down..and realized..yes thats the way I can kill anger, hatred from inside..........

Thanks..:wah:

"Nanak Naam Cahrdi Kala....Tere Bhaney Sarbat Da Bhala"

Mai Harinder Kaur

Mentor
Writer
SPNer
Oct 5, 2006
British Columbia, Canada
Dear AdsKhalsa ji,

Thanks to the good offices of indira and rajiv, those I love best have been dead now, for nearly 25 years. I find in her - them - a particular challenge. :whisling:perhaps someday, who knows. I haven't gotten there yet, though.

Chardi kala! (I think I finally finished that nonfat frozen yogurt in the wholewheat cone thingy, nope, here someone just handed me another. Some sort of berry sorbet this time.) :ice:

And, yeah, KHALISTAN ZINDABAD!!

Last edited:

Tejwant Singh

Mentor
Writer
SPNer
Jun 30, 2004
Henderson, NV.
Waheguru Ji Ja Khalsa..Waheguru Ji Ki Fateh......

Thanks for such a warm welcome. I will try my best. Sorry, I haven't introduced my self properly earlier..and its a introduction post...I think I should do it now..

I am basically from India, where I completed MBA-Finance (Univ. of Pune), worked for 6 years, then thought of studying further and came to US in 2006. Graduated in May 2009 as Masters of Arts in Accountancy, simultaneous passed CFA -I, CPA 2 sections. Well presently looking for a job along with preparing for another two sections of CPA.

I don't know how I fall for Sikhism again...and now I am more strong regarding Guru's love and care. May be because of my mother's love towards Guru was somewhere in my inner conscious, and later in 2008 it started coming up by Guru Ji's grace. I am very much thankful to Guru Ji for showing me right direction.

Waheguru Ji Ka Khalsa..Waheguru Ji Ki Fateh...

Adskhalsa ji,

Guru fateh.

Wonderful accomplishments!! And believe me, this is coming from another Vaheguruseekr.:)

May 28, 2009
Dear AdsKhalsa ji,

Thanks to the good offices of indira and rajiv, those I love best have been dead now, for nearly 25 years. I find in her - them - a particular challenge. :whisling:perhaps someday, who knows. I haven't gotten there yet, though.

Chardi kala! (I think I finally finished that nonfat frozen yogurt in the wholewheat cone thingy, nope, here someone just handed me another. Some sort of berry sorbet this time.) :ice:

And, yeah, KHALISTAN ZINDABAD!!

Wahegur Ji Ka Khalsa...Waheguru Ji Ki Fateh.....Mai Ji...

Guru Ji is great...he will direct us and give strength to achieve...and you know eating too much will increase your weight... ... :D ..just kidding......

I am trying my best to control much...because Guru Ji says that..we should eat less...but yes its hard....I wonder why Guru Ji says in Anand Sahib that...

"Khaniyo Tikhi..Waalon Nikki"

Sikhi is sharper than Sword..and thinner than hair...and we have to walk on that....but once I started facing racism...especially in US...I realized it...when it comes on us...then we realizes it........other wise reading history is easy...but following Sikhi is really hard...but love of Guru always gives strength......

I think I went in flow...sorry for off topic.........

Chardi Kala.........

Khalsa Zindabad...........

Khalistan Zindabad........

May 28, 2009
Adskhalsa ji,

Guru fateh.

Wonderful accomplishments!! And believe me, this is coming from another Vaheguruseekr.:)

Waheguru Ji Ka Khalsa..Waheguru Ji Ki Fateh...... Tejwant Singh Ji......

Thats my Guru Ji's accomplishments....and I wish you achieve higher than that.......

But Veerji...I say that...even achieving many higher degrees....its really hard to get job in US while following Sikhism...I wish you should not face what I went through....but I always smile and say to Guru Ji..."you do whatever...I am not going to leave you...and only you have to give me this strength...." and Guru Ji is soo sweet..he wants all his Sikhs to be strong.......

If I could be of any help please...sewa da mauka deyo..........

Chardi Kala.............

Preetkaur

SPNer
Jun 1, 2009
"Satshriakaal",

Myself Preetkaur Siddhu. I completed my B.Sc. (Computer Science), LLB. and LL.M. and interested to do Ph.D. (in sikkism). I am a girl of 21st centurary but i want to devote myself whole life to sikkism. Plz help me.

With regards,
Preetkaur.

Mai Harinder Kaur

Mentor
Writer
SPNer
Oct 5, 2006
British Columbia, Canada
Preetkaur ji:

Welcome :welcome: and welcome :welcome:.

You have come to the right place. I am sure everyone here will encourage you tpo move forward in this noble endeavour. So, relax, enjoy, and move close to Guru ji. :wah:

spnadmin

1947-2014 (Archived)
SPNer
Jun 17, 2004
Preetkaur ji

Welcome to SPN. We miss hearing the voices of young women who are pursuing learning for careers and for seva to Guruji. Where are they? Where are their voices. The fact that you have spoken and want to take advantage of what other members may have to offer here on SPN is your gift to us. Teach us also what you know. It is a two-way street. Please continue, and participate in all the many threads and discussions. :welcome::welcome::welcome::welcome:

May 28, 2009
Waheguru Ji Ka Khalsa..Waheguru Ji Ki Fateh.........Preet Kaur Ji...

Mai Ji ...te aadoo2 Ji ne bilkul sahi kehya hai....Dhan bhaag saade...jo aap jehye guru de pyare di sangat karan da mauka Guru Ji ne deya.......

You made a right decision....:wah:

Chardi Kala...........

vsgrewal48895

Writer
SPNer
Mar 12, 2009
Michigan
Dear Preet Kaur,

Welcome and please contact the following and give my reference regarding PhD in Sikhism, they will guide and help you;

1.Prof. Arvind Singh Mandair, U of M, Ann Arbor, Mi, occupying Sikh Chair
E-mail Address(es):
amandair@umich.edu

2. Prof. Pashaura Singh, UCLA-Riverside, Ca,occupying Sinh Chair
E-mail Address(es):
psingh@ucr.edu

3. Prof. Gurinder Singh Mann, UCLA- Santa Barbra, Ca, occupying Sikh Chair
mann@ucsb.edu

You need any further help- contact me at
virindergrewal@cablespeed.com
517-992-9134.

Cordially,

Virinder

Sep 12, 2007
Respected SA'AD Ji,

We are respected your feelings and understanding the words of Holy Book. Our Holy Book is the guidelines of our personal life that how to respect to GOD of Creator and how to respect with eachothers.

GOD BLESS YOU.

May 28, 2009
Dear Preet Kaur,

Welcome and please contact the following and give my reference regarding PhD in Sikhism, they will guide and help you;

1.Prof. Arvind Singh Mandair, U of M, Ann Arbor, Mi, occupying Sikh Chair
E-mail Address(es):
amandair@umich.edu

2. Prof. Pashaura Singh, UCLA-Riverside, Ca,occupying Sinh Chair
E-mail Address(es):
psingh@ucr.edu

3. Prof. Gurinder Singh Mann, UCLA- Santa Barbra, Ca, occupying Sikh Chair
mann@ucsb.edu

You need any further help- contact me at
virindergrewal@cablespeed.com
517-992-9134.

Cordially,

Virinder

Waheguru Ji Ka Khalsa..Waheguru Ji Ki Fateh.... Virender ji...

Does these universities have PhD program in Sikhism ? because I checked their website for details of porgram..but could not find specific PhD program ...may be I could not able to find that...

Well I would like to check for PhD program in Sikhism.. and the requirements for that..

Chardi Kala..

spnadmin

1947-2014 (Archived)
SPNer
Jun 17, 2004
PreetKaur ji

Typically a person receives a Ph.D in Relgious Studies not in Sikhism. There may be exceptions. What you want to do is find a university that has a doctoral program in religious studies with a strong department or endowed chair in Sikhism. The course of study - Sikhism - is different from the degree granted.

Examples would be University of California Santa Barbara or University of California Riverside If you are interested in universities in Europe or elsewhere, and not the US, I can also help you with that.

Hope that helps and if you want more information regarding universities as I described above I would be glad to helpy ou.

Antonia

❤️ CLICK HERE TO JOIN SPN MOBILE PLATFORM