• Welcome to all New Sikh Philosophy Network Forums!
    Explore Sikh Sikhi Sikhism...

Naam Simran

simpy

SPNer
Mar 28, 2006
Dear Surinder Cheema ji
Satsriakaal to you and to all brothers and sisters visiting this page.
You have elaborated very clearly the "one pointedness" during simran..... somehow I feel these English words like "one pointedness, centring etc" does not do justice to the Gurmukhi words that appear in the Shabads.... such as "Ik Chit Ik man"... and so on.... but these are very important in the process of Simran. The "Names" of God that have been given to us in Gurbani and the Gur mantar "WAHEGURU", Naam mantar "SATNAAM" and the MOOL MANTAR...... these are potent vibratory chants, energy filled sounds, and formulas packed with power of the highest order. This also includes at a slight lower potency the singing of shabads and they are all subtle expressions and means for attaining spiritual expansion and transformation.
Mantras mean somewhat an instrument of thought for the deliverance of the mind, according to some sources.
But they are always words in Praise of the Divine or as you mentioned Surinder ji "some attributes of God".
One of the most powerful mantar in the world is the MOOL MANTRA according to Bhai Sahib Bhai Kirpal Singh ji of Malaysia.... and we have found that people of different religious faiths or even those who do not belong to any faith, when they resort to doing meditation chanting the Mool Mantra, Naam and Gur mantra they experience untold benefits and transformation in their lives. Such is the power of God.
Kanwal Jit Singh
Respected Kanwal Jit Singh Ji,

It is just an effort from this neech to put those people on the right track who are lost in just mechanical repetition of Bani or Shabad, and just doing it for the sake of doing it.

Every language has its limitaions. As if we want to express the true meaning of a Gazal written in Urdu to an American(i mean a person who has no idea of that culture, values and of course the language), can we do justice to the language. i am sure, we cannot by all means.

And here we are talking about Bani, there is no way we can translate AKATH KI KATHAA in any language in its complete sense.

As Guru Ji Says:

swcw swihbu swcu nwie BwiKAw Bwau Apwru ]

jyqw kIqw qyqw nwau [

aUcy aUpir aUcw nwa
u [

nwie qyrY qrxw nwie piq pUj [
nwau qyrw ghxw miq mksUd [

dIvw myrw eyku nwmu, duKu ivic pwieAw qylu ] auin cwnix Ehu soiKAw cUkw jm isau mylu ]1]

I have seen this useless repetition of words and Bani, very unfortunately in scores of people. They do it just for the sake of doing it. You ask them the meaning of what they are saying- Say- Karta Purkh- they will tell you it correctly; but within five minutes you find them complaining about what is happening in their life. If you say HE IS THE KARTA PURKH, you must be happy under HIS HUKAM(His Command), and accept the life as it is.
jo quDu BwvY, sweI BlI kwr ]

So what were you thinking when you were reciting Japji Sahib Da Paath?????

If you are into Naam Simran (the way you are mentioning it) you must agree that there is no place(manifested and non manifested) which is without HIS NAME (vibration).
So the language or the words what we use does not matter, it is WHAT IS COMING OUT OF YOUR HEART AND YOUR MIND when you are saying the words. Like you say SATNAAM, your body mind and soul should be crying out loud from deep within- YES YOUR NAME IS THE ONLY TRUTH.

iehu ivsu sMswru qum dyKdy, iehu hir kw rUpu hY, hir rUpu ndrI AwieAw[

Finding Appropriate substitutes for words in any different language is not possible.

One Pointed ness is solely setting your mind on ParBrahm Parmeshwar- in my opinion it is similar to—thinking and living with this principle.

nwm Akwl purK scy pwqSwh dw rUp hY jo swrI rcnw ivc ivAwpk hY[ qy aus rUp nUM dyKx leI AwpxW qn mn sB as nUM Aripq krnW pYxw hY[ ijs qo Bwv hY- qn BI qyrw mn BI qyrw vwlI hwlq[

We do not need a particular languge to do NAAM SIMRAN. It is in ALL, JUST NEED A WAY TO REALIZE IT. And to this you have to put your mind on the right path-MAN JEETAY JAGJEET.

koeI bolY rwm rwm koeI Kudwie ] koeI syvY guseIAw koeI Alwih ]1] kwrx krx krIm ] ikrpw Dwir rhIm ]1] rhwau ] koeI nwvY qIriQ koeI hj jwie ] koeI krY pUjw koeI isru invwie ]2] koeI pVY byd koeI kqyb ] koeI EFY nIl koeI supyd ]3] koeI khY qurku koeI khY ihMdU ] koeI bwCY iBsqu koeI surigMdU ]4] khu nwnk ijin hukmu pCwqw ] pRB swihb kw iqin Bydu jwqw ]5]

Always open to Questions and Comments.

Guru Mere Sang Sadaa Hai Naalaey

simpy

SPNer
Mar 28, 2006

It is just an effort from this neech to put those people on the right track who are lost in just mechanical repetition of Bani or Shabad, and just doing it for the sake of doing it.

Every language has its limitaions. As if we want to express the true meaning of a Gazal written in Urdu to an American(i mean a person who has no idea of that culture, values and of course the language), can we do justice to the language. i am sure, we cannot by all means.

And here we are talking about Bani, there is no way we can translate AKATH KI KATHAA in any language in its complete sense.

As Guru Ji Says:

jyqw kIqw qyqw nwau [

aUcy aUpir aUcw nwa
u [

dIvw myrw eyku nwmu, duKu ivic pwieAw qylu ] auin cwnix Ehu soiKAw cUkw jm isau mylu
]1]

I have seen this useless repetition of words and Bani, very unfortunately in scores of people. They do it just for the sake of doing it. You ask them the meaning of what they are saying- Say- Karta Purkh- they will tell you it correctly; but within five minutes you find them complaining about what is happening in their life. If you say HE IS THE KARTA PURKH, you must be happy under HIS HUKAM(His Command), and accept the life as it is.

place(manifested and non manifested) which is without So what were you thinking when you were reciting Japji Sahib Da Paath?????

If you yourself are into Naam Simran (the way you are mentioning it) you must agree that there is no HIS NAME (vibration).
So the language or the words what we use does not matter, it is WHAT IS COMING OUT OF YOUR HEART AND YOUR MIND when you are saying the words. Like you say SATNAAM, your body mind and soul should be crying out loud from deep within- YES YOUR NAME IS THE ONLY TRUTH.

Finding Appropriate substitutes for words in any different language is not possible.

One Pointed ness is solely setting your mind on ParBrahm Parmeshwar- in my opinion it is similar to—thinking and living with this principle.

nwm Akwl purK scy pwqSwh dw rUp hY jo swrI rcnw ivc ivAwpk hY[ qy aus rUp nUM dyKx leI AwpxW qn mn sB as nUM Aripq krnW pYxw hY[ ijs qo Bwv hY- qn BI qyrw mn BI qyrw vwlI hwlq[

We do not need a particular languge to do NAAM SIMRAN. It is in ALL, JUST NEED A WAY TO REALIZE IT. And to this you have to put your mind on the right path-MAN JEETAY JAGJEET.

koeI bolY rwm rwm koeI Kudwie ] koeI syvY guseIAw koeI Alwih ]1] kwrx krx krIm ] ikrpw Dwir rhIm ]1] rhwau ] koeI nwvY qIriQ koeI hj jwie ] koeI krY pUjw koeI isru invwie ]2] koeI pVY byd koeI kqyb ] koeI EFY nIl koeI supyd ]3] koeI khY qurku koeI khY ihMdU ] koeI bwCY iBsqu koeI surigMdU ]4] khu nwnk ijin hukmu pCwqw ] pRB swihb kw iqin Bydu jwqw ]5]

simpy

SPNer
Mar 28, 2006

As Guru Ji Says:

jyqw kIqw qyqw nwau [

aUcy aUpir aUcw nwa
u [

dIvw myrw eyku nwmu, duKu ivic pwieAw qylu ] auin cwnix Ehu soiKAw cUkw jm isau mylu ]1]

So what were you thinking when you were reciting Japji Sahib Da Paath?????

If you yourself are into Naam Simran (the way you are mentioning it) you must agree that there is no place(manifested and non manifested) which is without HIS NAME (vibration).

spnadmin

1947-2014 (Archived)
SPNer
Jun 17, 2004
jasbir ji

No one really can send you an mp3 of nam simran -- if I understand your message and I am not sure that I do.:confused:

Please type the words Nam Simran into the SEARCH feature in the upper right hand corner of the SPN window and follow up on some of the links to get some background on this topic.

Nam Simran is your private recitation of the name of Waheguru. Different opinions as to what mantar to use. I am not going to get involved in that discussion. And there is also the view that no mantar is necessary, but that one keeps the name of Akaal always in the forefront of awareness so that the Sach infuses every breath and action of your day. :welcome:

In my opinion, it would be helpful for you to partake of conversations at SPN on this subject because we have some very "deep" minds who can help you out more than an mp3.

ekonam

SPNer
Oct 31, 2009
great ..just want to add one thing with gods grace..
1) nam japna
2)nam dheona
3)nam simran
4)leev
5) taree
and so endless

there are stages for nam japna....each stage as atained has its own "fal"
1)japna is the first stage ..as you described it reputation of the nam "har japtha dill na keeja mare jinthdre har japdya kin ....."
2)second is the dheona when you mun and chith become one NO thoughts are wondering complete focus how long depends "jinhe nam dhanya"
3) simran is a very high stage because at this stage you get " parb a simran grab na vass e " you are dead less...
4) leev is even higher the 4th stage in our "lava"
5) taree is like the word taree very very high stage.

i hope this helps us understand because saying to anybody "lets do simran ..well now we understand why we should'nt

nonakaur

SPNer
Jan 29, 2010
Naam simran is essence of life. However, a very arduous task. There is always an ongoing debate due to different school of thoughts.
We can just translate Bani from Sri guru granth sahib jee and can explain it by writing books and posting it on websites. Pragmatically,Naam simran is the hardest job in this world.

Only few in millions are blessed with the Naam. Whatever Naam one utters be it waheguru, satnaam, Aum or allah hoo, the destination is one. Different routes followed and only fortunate ones are blessed with this. Naam is only one word which when utterd repeatedly with concentration empties ones mind from weird thoughts or any kind of thoughts and a stage comes when naam floats in yours whole body. One can hear naam vibrations oneself from one's own body. The savoured juices keeps on flowing in mouth from one's brain. The brain gets squeezed so tightly that it does not allow the outer thoughts to penetrate. It can be scary in the beginning urging you to see the doctor also, but don't interrupt the way yours body is functioning. The brain is getting accomodated to the changes in mind.
After brain has fully accomodated, One can still mind with in few minutes. Rather nervous system controls you, you control yours own nervous system.
Believe me, It is an awesome stage and is full of fun. It will make you laugh aloud, feel pleasurable and God feels like yours lover. Sometimes it will tickle you also, sometimes tears of seperation will start flowing.
At this stage, God takes care of yours every job. It will not affect yours work but will make yours performance the best to shock everyone else. The life goes on like this without any stress and fear of loosing anything. God protects you in every situation. One is satisfied with one's life in a sense one is not wasting life in this dark world. One is the fulfilling the main motive of this life ( Merge in God).
Mind is like a well of thoughts that stinks a lot. Just thinking that one can free his mind from thoughts is not possible.However, filling it with NAAM ONLY will ultimately spill bad thoughts out of one's mind. Moreover, when simran starts, the path itself is very encouraging. The determination to unveil the mystery will show us our weaknesses as block and if one is determined and dedicated he or she will eventually try best to get rid of those BLOCKS. Develop love as Meerabai had for lord Krishna and dedication as Bhagat Kabeer had for God. Then see the difference.
Eventually day after day, with God's blessing one keeps on rising ladder.
BELIEVE ME , the Hardest Job in this world is Naam Simran and can be done only after GOD blessings.

To be blessed listen KIRTAN AND BANI. The most advanced and ultimate Guru in this twentieth century is only SRI GURU GRANTH SAHIB JEE. Shun all other dehdhari babas and Gurus. You will lost yours way and will end up gaining nothing.
Listening to kirtan and bani in a way that you listen with yours ears and get absorbed.
No matter that you don't understand anything . The Words of SGGS are MAGICAL words. Don't even try to interpret the meaning but just listen carefully with all yours attention focussed on Kirtan. Enjoy the flow of words.
WORDS ARE VERY CHARISMATIC!!!
JUST LISTEN LISTEN LISTEN
PRAY , PRAY AND PRAY

❤️ CLICK HERE TO JOIN SPN MOBILE PLATFORM

❤️ CLICK HERE TO JOIN SPN MOBILE PLATFORM

📌 For all latest updates, follow the Official Sikh Philosophy Network Whatsapp Channel: