Welcome to SPN

Register and Join the most happening forum of Sikh community & intellectuals from around the world.

India More Mobiles Than Toilets

Discussion in 'Breaking News' started by Vikram singh, Jun 2, 2010.

1. Vikram singh

Vikram singh
    Expand Collapse
    SPNer Contributor

[​IMG]

The fact that India has over 545 million cell phone users as compared to about 366 million people having access to improved sanitation makes one wonder 'why a country that is now wealthy enough cannot afford the basic necessity of a toilet?' Using such comparison, the United Nations University's Institute for Water, Environment and Health (IWEH) in its recent report makes a case for expanding toilet coverage in a country where 69 per cent population still defecates in the open.

• Like Like x 1
  2. Loading...

Similar Threads Forum Date
    Is There An Increasing Trend Of More And More Sikh Girls Dating Bihari Hindu Guys? General Sep 24, 2016
    Sikhism More Than Just Another Religion New to Sikhism Jul 25, 2016
    Interfaith I Have More Sikhs In My Cabinet Than Modi Does - Trudeau Interfaith Dialogues Mar 12, 2016
    I want to learn more about Sikhism New to Sikhism Jan 11, 2016
    Health More personal stuff about anxiety Blogs Dec 11, 2015

3. Gyani Jarnail Singh

Gyani Jarnail Singh Malaysia
    Expand Collapse
    Sawa lakh se EK larraoan
    Mentor Writer SPNer Contributor

Re: Cartoon

you cant "borrow" a phone..but you can certainly **** in others backyards...
    a Joke i heard while back...
    Nehru the PM of India had the British Queen over for a viist to Delhi...she commented on the passersby defecating/urinating every few yards...and Nehru was annoyed.
    So when he went over to Uk and the queen took him for a ride..Nehru was on the lookout..eagle eyes...and suddenly he saw soemthing thta made him grin form ear to ear..LOOK OVER THERE he nudged the queen..a man is defecating in PUBLIC..it happens in the UK too...OH !! THAT Man..the queen replied..That is YOUR AMBASSADOR sir..we just cant seem to cure him of his disgusting habit....so we gave up...
    Nothing has changed since Nehru left...cheerleader

• Like Like x 2