Welcome to SPN

Register and Join the most happening forum of Sikh community & intellectuals from around the world.

Marriage, The Sikh Way, Opinions Please

Discussion in 'Sikh Sikhi Sikhism' started by Harry Haller, Feb 14, 2016.

1. Harry Haller

Harry Haller United Kingdom
    Expand Collapse

Writer SPNer Contributor

My final marriage failed this morning, finally, these things happen, but it got me thinking, I would be interested in opinions of those that are married, how close do you get to connection with Creator and
    each other, as the anand Karaj ceremony is supposed to confirm.

marriage.jpg

How many have a normal marriage, and how many have a marriage where Creator is present and felt?

thanks

• Like Like x 2
    #1 Harry Haller, Feb 15, 2016
    Last edited by a moderator: Feb 15, 2016
  2. Loading...

3. Tejwant Singh

Tejwant Singh United States
    Expand Collapse
    Mentor Writer SPNer Contributor

My "Creator" is very busy. He comes and goes.

• Like Like x 1
  4. Harkiran Kaur

Harkiran Kaur Canada
    Expand Collapse

Leader

Writer SPNer Contributor

I only just got married so I don't have much experience sorry to say... but I did wait until I found someone I really felt a connection with through our similarities, like minded when it comes to what our idea of spirituality is. I think in marriage there has to be some compromise with ANY couple... no two people are exact, and who would want that anyway? The differences bring excitement. But ultimately, treat each other as the divine within them, put them before yourself (this goes both ways... even though some say only the woman has to see her husband as God and not the other way around... BOTH need to see and serve that divine in each other). Sometimes the differences are unfortunately too much to work out. I am so sorry to hear this Harry Ji. :( I really hope you find happiness...

Do you mind if I ask... did you meet each other or was it arranged (or even semi arranged by family members?) Not that it's a huge thing, as I know some people still together 50 years into an arranged marriage... but sometimes I have seen people agree just to make their families happy but then the couple had nothing in common. It's hard when there is nothing to relate to.

• Like Like x 1
  5. Harry Haller

Harry Haller United Kingdom
    Expand Collapse

Writer SPNer Contributor

not at all, I think we will both be happier without each other, we seem to have been running away from each other for longer than I can remember!

It was an arranged marriage, arranged by an optician whose computers I cover, she was Welsh, I was Sikh, we gave it our best shot. C'est la vie.

• Like Like x 1