• Welcome to all New Sikh Philosophy Network Forums!
    Explore Sikh Sikhi Sikhism...

Marriage, The Sikh Way, Opinions Please

Harry Haller

Panga Master
SPNer
Jan 31, 2011
My final marriage failed this morning, finally, these things happen, but it got me thinking, I would be interested in opinions of those that are married, how close do you get to connection with Creator and
each other, as the Anand Karaj ceremony is supposed to confirm.

marriage.jpg

How many have a normal marriage, and how many have a marriage where Creator is present and felt?

thanks

Last edited by a moderator:

Harkiran Kaur

Leader

Writer
SPNer
Jul 20, 2012
I only just got married so I don't have much experience sorry to say... but I did wait until I found someone I really felt a connection with through our similarities, like minded when it comes to what our idea of spirituality is. I think in marriage there has to be some compromise with ANY couple... no two people are exact, and who would want that anyway? The differences bring excitement. But ultimately, treat each other as the divine within them, put them before yourself (this goes both ways... even though some say only the woman has to see her husband as God and not the other way around... BOTH need to see and serve that divine in each other). Sometimes the differences are unfortunately too much to work out. I am so sorry to hear this Harry Ji. :( I really hope you find happiness...

Do you mind if I ask... did you meet each other or was it arranged (or even semi arranged by family members?) Not that it's a huge thing, as I know some people still together 50 years into an arranged marriage... but sometimes I have seen people agree just to make their families happy but then the couple had nothing in common. It's hard when there is nothing to relate to.

Harry Haller

Panga Master
SPNer
Jan 31, 2011
I am so sorry to hear this Harry Ji. :( I really hope you find happiness...
not at all, I think we will both be happier without each other, we seem to have been running away from each other for longer than I can remember!

Do you mind if I ask... did you meet each other or was it arranged (or even semi arranged by family members?) Not that it's a huge thing, as I know some people still together 50 years into an arranged marriage... but sometimes I have seen people agree just to make their families happy but then the couple had nothing in common. It's hard when there is nothing to relate to.

It was an arranged marriage, arranged by an optician whose computers I cover, she was Welsh, I was Sikh, we gave it our best shot. C'est la vie.

ravneet_sb

Writer
SPNer
Nov 5, 2010
Sat Sri Akaal,

Understanding / Acceptance / TRUTH/ Faith

is key to relations, for OWN SELF and Outer World.

Having Relation means UNDERSTANDING and ACCEPTANCE.

One may have understanding of positive and negative, and individual as a whole.

The life revolves and evolves with TRUTH.

Waheguru Ji Ka Khalsa
Waheguru Ji Ki Fateh

Sikhilove

Writer
SPNer
May 11, 2016
My final marriage failed this morning, finally, these things happen, but it got me thinking, I would be interested in opinions of those that are married, how close do you get to connection with Creator and
each other, as the Anand Karaj ceremony is supposed to confirm.

View attachment 19814

How many have a normal marriage, and how many have a marriage where Creator is present and felt?

thanks

Marriage is an illusion.. It's Maya.

Commitment/ union, to love, cherish and mutual respect is what matters.

Remember, we have gone through many incarnations to reach this blessed gift of a human life. We walk hand in hand with our partner, but really we are One in Truth.

sukhsingh

Writer
SPNer
Aug 13, 2012
UK
Marriage is an illusion.. It's Maya.

Commitment/ union, to love, cherish and mutual respect is what matters.

Remember, we have gone through many incarnations to reach this blessed gift of a human life. We walk hand in hand with our partner, but really we are One in Truth.
I have to say that I wake up sometimes in a hot sweat thinking I've just had a bad dream !

Sikhilove

Writer
SPNer
May 11, 2016
I have to say that I wake up sometimes in a hot sweat thinking I've just had a bad dream !

Because of your marriage? See truth in your partner, and be free.

So many couples fall into attachment, control each other, hurt each other.

Love but in freedom, mutual respect and cherish each other.

holyanderson

SPNer
Jul 24, 2019
Marriage is not merely a physical, social, and legal relationship but is a spiritual one too; it is a sacred union between two souls centered around the Guru. “They are not said to be husband and wife, who merely sit together. They alone are called husband and wife, who have one light in two bodies,”

ravneet_sb

Writer
SPNer
Nov 5, 2010
Spiritual Marriage To whom you can disclose and discuss that is Express, 100 percent of your spirit activity in language form. That evokes and develop 100 percent of male operative in female and female operative in male.

❤️ CLICK HERE TO JOIN SPN MOBILE PLATFORM

❤️ CLICK HERE TO JOIN SPN MOBILE PLATFORM

📌 For all latest updates, follow the Official Sikh Philosophy Network Whatsapp Channel: