Welcome to SPN

Register and Join the most happening forum of Sikh community & intellectuals from around the world.

World Manmohan Singh to launch Little India on Oct 27

Discussion in 'Breaking News' started by Chaan Pardesi, Oct 17, 2010.

1. Chaan Pardesi

Chaan Pardesi
    Expand Collapse
    Writer SPNer Contributor

Manmohan Singh to launch Little India on Oct 27

KUALA LUMPUR: Prime Minister of India Dr Manmohan Singh will launch the first phase of the project to upgrade and beautify Brickfields into “Little India” on Oct 27.

Federal Territories and Urban Wellbeing Deputy Minister Datuk M. Saravanan said about 85% of the work in phase one had been done.

“Manmohan Singh’s visit to Malaysia will be a proud moment for us and I’m sure he will be delighted to see this ‘Little India” in Brickfields,” he told reporters after launching the Gotong-Royong Perdana 1Malaysia Little India-Brickfields, here Sunday.

Little India covers the area from Jalan Travers up to Jalan Tun Sambanthan, with the first phase expected to be ready in December.

Work on first phase, costing RM17mil started in May. It comprises the development of an area from Jalan Travers to Jalan Tun Sambanthan by Malaysian Resources Corporation Berhad (MRCB).

The two-phase “Little India” project, worth RM35mil, involves the construction of new business premises and a parking complex, and road expansion. -- Bernama

http://thestar.com.my/news/story.asp?file=/2010/10/17/nation/20101017154409&sec=nation

2. Loading...