Welcome to SPN

Register and Join the most happening forum of Sikh community & intellectuals from around the world.

World Man punches nurse for removing wife's burqa

Discussion in 'Breaking News' started by Archived_Member16, Dec 25, 2011.

1. Archived_Member16

Archived_Member16
    Expand Collapse
    SPNer Contributor

Man punches nurse for removing wife's burqa

Indo-Asian News Service, Updated: December 23, 2011 22:27 IST

[​IMG]

London:
    A Muslim man in France has been jailed after he punched a nurse who tried to remove his wife's veil during childbirth.

Nassim Mimoune, 24, had already been expelled from the delivery room for branding the midwife a 'rapist' as she carried out an intimate examination of his wife, the Daily Mail reported.

But just as he spotted the nurse, through a window, taking off his wife's burqa while the woman prepared to give birth, the man smashed open the locked door. He hit the woman in the face, demanding she replace the full Islamic veil.

After his wife gave birth to a baby boy, Mimoune was ejected from the hospital building by security guards in Marseille. He was later arrested for assault.

A judge in the southern French port jailed Mimoune for six months while saying: "Your religious values are not superior to the laws of the republic."

source:
    http://www.ndtv.com/article/world/m...s-i-burqa-i-160353?pfrom=home-otherstories&cp

• Like Like x 2
  2. Loading...

Similar Threads Forum Date
    Amandev Kaur Joins Sikh Philosophy Network! New SPN'ers Nov 7, 2016
    BRIJPAL Singh Manchanda Joins Sikh Philosophy Network! New SPN'ers Oct 21, 2016
    Bansavalinama The References To Brahmans In Bansavalinama Other Scriptures Oct 20, 2016
    Manjinder1 Joins Sikh Philosophy Network! New SPN'ers Sep 27, 2016
    Sikh News International Sikh Award For Man Who Has Been Taking Care Of Abandoned Patients For 20 Breaking News Sep 26, 2016

3. Ishna

Ishna
    Expand Collapse
    On hiatus
    Writer SPNer Contributor

He has no religious values. He's a psycho nutter, end of story. 'God' has nothing to do with his crazy attitude and single brain cell.

Pity he's created another human to carry on his line of nutter-ness.

I feel sorry for the wife, but she's probably on the same page as him anyway.

Postscript: wow it's easy to judge a) from a distance and b) without all the facts! Bad Ishna.

• Like Like x 2
    #2 Ishna, Dec 25, 2011
    Last edited: Dec 25, 2011
  4. BhagatSingh

BhagatSingh Canada
    Expand Collapse
    SPNer sikhiart.com

I second the postcript Lol. There is no need to judge him.

• Like Like x 1
  5. Gyani Jarnail Singh

Gyani Jarnail Singh Malaysia
    Expand Collapse
    Sawa lakh se EK larraoan
    Mentor Writer SPNer Contributor

I think he was "judged" on the PUNCH UP/Physical Violence....becasue the "Judge" sentenced him for that.....not his religion...per se..japposatnamwaheguru:

• Like Like x 1
  6. Kanwaljit Singh

Kanwaljit Singh India
    Expand Collapse
    Apache Spark, Scala developer
    Writer SPNer

Actions like these will make other nurses reluctant to take care of Muslim women.

• Like Like x 1
  7. Tejwant Singh

Tejwant Singh United States
    Expand Collapse
    Mentor Writer SPNer Contributor

It is a shame that this man did no care about the welfare of his wife nor about the baby to be born. His Talbanised mentality laced with me-ism took the better of him which does not sit well for whatever god/deity he worships because wearing burqua is not mandatory in Islam. It is more a tradition rather than prerequisite from the religious viewpoint.

The judge did the right thing and I hope it is a lesson for the other Muslims living there.

Tejwant Singh

• Like Like x 3
    #6 Tejwant Singh, Dec 26, 2011
    Last edited: Dec 26, 2011
  8. Harry Haller

Harry Haller United Kingdom
    Expand Collapse

Writer SPNer Contributor

I do not think you are judging anyone, you are using perception and your life skills to make an educated guess at what this man is about, something all of us do everyday, if we were to meet this man, none of us should treat him any differently, but it is always good to keep your wits about you, and allow for possibilities based on past actions, not so much judgement, rather than awareness. Such 'nutters' exist in all religions, including Sikhi,

• Like Like x 2
  9. Kamala

Kamala
    Expand Collapse
    Banned

LOOOOL "not showing what god gave you" is totally right (according to him).

10. Scarlet Pimpernel

Scarlet Pimpernel
    Expand Collapse
    We seek him here,we sikh
    SPNer Supporter

After the intimate examination I don't see the point in him hiding her face ,sounds like a case of the horse and the stable door to me! atleast he did not let a beautiful thing like the birth of his child distract him from enforcing the ultimate law of wife's face covering .

• Like Like x 2
    #9 Scarlet Pimpernel, Dec 28, 2011
    Last edited: Dec 28, 2011
  11. Kamala

Kamala
    Expand Collapse
    Banned

@Scarlet, they only hide their faces because in mideivel India/Middle-East the Islamic Kings would kidnap women with pretty faces and this way they couldn't tell. But for some reason when their is security it is still going around xD what in Islam which is a requirement is a Hijab, not a burq:yes:a xD

12. Scarlet Pimpernel

Scarlet Pimpernel
    Expand Collapse
    We seek him here,we sikh
    SPNer Supporter

Kamala Devi I did not know that,but I can understand the King doing that,because if you gonna kidnap someone then it makes sense to make sure they are pretty ,as you would not want to go to all that trouble for a minger!

13. Kamala

Kamala
    Expand Collapse
    Banned

[​IMG] Haha yes xD it's in history.

14. Ambarsaria

Ambarsaria Canada
    Expand Collapse
    ੴ / Ik▫oaʼnkār
    Writer SPNer Contributor Supporter

So Burka is to protect Muslim women from evil Muslim men or from others! I did not know there were any evil Muslim men in Islam!

Because Burka is even more enforced in Hardline or purist Islamic countries just as demeaning women through Sati and like rituals is done in more religious parts of India. Fascinating world it is, learning something new about largest of religions in the world mundahug .

Sat Sri Akal.

• Like Like x 2
  15. Kamala

Kamala
    Expand Collapse
    Banned

@Ambarasaria the people weren't evil necisarily... but Sati isn't bad either, I mean it was created as a "choice" if you wanted to do it and I don't think Sati is actually good either anymore because Shiva did get mad when Sati did Sati...

16. Kanwaljit Singh

Kanwaljit Singh India
    Expand Collapse
    Apache Spark, Scala developer
    Writer SPNer

Why would someone offer this choice to a woman? And I think Sati is no better than going in for a suicide!

• Like Like x 3
  17. Ambarsaria

Ambarsaria Canada
    Expand Collapse
    ੴ / Ik▫oaʼnkār
    Writer SPNer Contributor Supporter

Coerced and pressured into suicide, nonetheless. For Sati stuff murder in the second degree is a classification most likely applicable. What is wrong with religious establishments in the world's largest religions.

This comes from our friend claimed female poster Kamala Bhain ji,

Utter shame!

Sat Sri Akal.

• Like Like x 2
  18. BhagatSingh

BhagatSingh Canada
    Expand Collapse
    SPNer sikhiart.com

Kanwaljit Singh ji,
    It's hard to say in our times. This was not a common practice though. Most were voluntary. Completely reasonable women with sound health were doing it. Though we don't like to think so because we find the practice appalling. :sippingcoffeemunda:

Ambarsaria ji,
    Don't misquote her. Play fair even if the other doesn't.

PS http://adaniel.tripod.com/sati.htm

19. Kamala

Kamala
    Expand Collapse
    Banned

No need to be rude..