• Welcome to all New Sikh Philosophy Network Forums!
    Explore Sikh Sikhi Sikhism...

Mahpurkhs

Singhstah

SPNer
Jul 13, 2004
UK
Off-topic: How does one identify a MahaPurakh? Generally people do as others follow them. What is your say regarding this. I suggest that we stay on present topic '5Ks for women', however, you may like to create new thread if you want to reply my query regarding MahaPurakh.

I agree alot of people identify a Mahpurkh simply because they have a large following, and i also believe that not all really are mahpurkhs. I would identify a mahpurkh as someone who you can see their love for Vaheguroo ji in their eyes. It is not about if they preach gurmat because anyone can learn what gurmat is and preach it, to identify a mahpurkh you need to fell their love for vaheguroo ji as the amount of love mahpurkhs have for vaheguroo ji is so much that it is just busting out of them.

i will write more after there are some replies

Jul 13, 2004
Canada
Singhstah, Thanks for initiating this discussion.

In this discussion, I believe our talk is going to be about sants. As some people reserve word MahaPurakh as an attribute of Waheguru.

Guru Granth Sahib ji (271) summarizes the attributes of a sant, hence the way of identification. This comes out to be seventh ashtpadi of Sukhmani Sahib. Also it talks about what effects a saadh can put on us.

Regards.

Jul 13, 2004
Canada
Dear Singh ji,

I already mentioned about sant's attributes, which are explained via Gurubani (271). Please have a look at that ang, and am just trying to learn via Gurmat.

However personally, I feel Sant as the one who only talks/praises from heart, Waheguru and His creations.

Just in case, online Guru Granth Sahib ji is not your side, please tell me so, I will try to locate the online source, for your kind comments.

Thanks.

Singhstah

SPNer
Jul 13, 2004
UK
i took a look at the ang and i agree with exactlky everything it says, im nothing i definently cant disagree with gurbani .

Tejwant Singh

Mentor
Writer
SPNer
Jun 30, 2004
Henderson, NV.
We are all flowers in the garden of IK ONG KAAR. The best part of this garden is that no flower withers and falls but with the help of Gurmat nutrients-Grace-, we attain more perfume. So in my view, A Sant, A Mahanpurkh is the one who emits the most scent. As a flower needs no following, it emits its perfume in all directions without any discrimination, the same can be said for a Sant/Mahanpurkh. If a sant has a following then it is a paper flower with artificial scent hence has no room in the Garden of Akaalpurkh.

Tejwant

Jul 13, 2004
Canada
VaheguruSeekr said:
If a sant has a following then it is a paper flower not one that belongs to the Garden of Akaalpurkh.
Well said about emanating fragrance ji. Somehow I feel above sentence incomplete. Do u think so?

Jul 13, 2004
Canada
''...Jinna Saas Giraas Na Visrey, Har Naama Man Mant, Dhan Sey Seyi Nanaka, Puran Soi Sant...''

Found above relevant tuk for this thread, in Moderator's signature, so posting here.

Aug 13, 2004
US
Waheguru ji ka khalsa

Waheguru ji ki fateh

‘Mahapursh’ is a person who not only have knowledge about Gurmat that he is capable of imparting to the Gursikhs but also lives his life according to that Gurmat. They are holy people who have conquered kaam, krodh, lobh, moh, ahankar.

I believe it is due to some good ‘karma’ that we get in company of such people. When & if you ever meet a person, who people call ‘mahapursh’; invite that person home & live in his company for few days, you will experience something that I can’t describe here in words. If you do not then disregard what people say; just love and respect that person as another Gursikh; there is no need to judge someone’s avastha since we may not have eyes to see & heart to feel for what they have to offer.

❤️ CLICK HERE TO JOIN SPN MOBILE PLATFORM

❤️ CLICK HERE TO JOIN SPN MOBILE PLATFORM

📌 For all latest updates, follow the Official Sikh Philosophy Network Whatsapp Channel: