• Welcome to all New Sikh Philosophy Network Forums!
    Explore Sikh Sikhi Sikhism...

Lust

Harry Haller

Panga Master
SPNer
Jan 31, 2011
My attempt at a no lust week failed miserably, I have to concede that I am a better man without lust, and it so hard to control it, I can understand why one would want to destroy it completely, but then destruction is easier than understanding, understanding and discipline are hard, in fact the complete lack of any discipline this week,both in action, and mentally, has left me feeling quite sorry for myself, I have contemplated leaning towards mysticism to fill the void, but the more I explore mysticism, the more I shy away from it, the whole point of mysticism is that it cannot be understood or explained, it just happens, and that is not good enough for me, maybe its a lack of faith, but then what good is faith without understanding, that is more of an Abrahamic thing I think, after all the Abrahamic God requires a lot, whilst the creator requires nothing, but in my view, gives nothing, the Abrahamic God promises a lot, in exchange for complete obedience, Creator promises nothing other than the chance to learn, Islam has 70 odd virgins, there just isnt a prize in Sikhism for understanding, it is the understanding that is the prize,

❤️ CLICK HERE TO JOIN SPN MOBILE PLATFORM

❤️ CLICK HERE TO JOIN SPN MOBILE PLATFORM

📌 For all latest updates, follow the Official Sikh Philosophy Network Whatsapp Channel: