• Welcome to all New Sikh Philosophy Network Forums!
    Explore Sikh Sikhi Sikhism...

Sikh News Lliquor Used As Pesticides In Punjab (ANI Via Yahoo! India News)

Sep 20, 2004
By Mittha Devivada (Punjab), July 27 (ANI): Believe it or not, many farmers in Punjab are using locally brewd liquor as pesticides. They claim that the brew kills pests and also helps in getting better yields. Farmers in Punjab's Faridkot District have been using liquor as pesticides for the past three years They claim that spraying one litre of hooch mixed with 80 litres of water is ...

More...

spnadmin

1947-2014 (Archived)
SPNer
Jun 17, 2004
Liquor actually works as a pesticide! I discovered this myself by accident. Some time in the early 1990's we had a plague of Japanese beetles. They were destroying my garden. I did not want to spray with insecticides because of children and pets abounding on the street. So I began picking the beetles off one by one and placed them in a beer can (with embarassment I confess I found it in the trash-can of my next door neighbor, as I didn't have anything handy). There were maybe 2 inches of flat beer in the can and the bugs died instantly. So I bought a bottle of beer. Let it go flat. Poured it into a spray bottle. And the beetles were history.

And Newsmaker ji, Some of these stories you find make my day.

simpy

SPNer
Mar 28, 2006
thanks aad0002 ji,

this is something, these beetles destroyed all my roses once, a long time back , i never planted any new ones again. We have a lot of these in our area. well i will tell the good NEWS to my neighbours, everybody will be very happy to learn.

ONE THING MORE-

if anybody is having moles in their yard, use gumballs -bury gumballs in the tunnels they make(moles often abondon their tunnels , so you need to either find the live tunnels or bury in all of them)........

❤️ CLICK HERE TO JOIN SPN MOBILE PLATFORM

❤️ CLICK HERE TO JOIN SPN MOBILE PLATFORM

📌 For all latest updates, follow the Official Sikh Philosophy Network Whatsapp Channel: