• Welcome to all New Sikh Philosophy Network Forums!
    Explore Sikh Sikhi Sikhism...

Life Is Hard

Inderjeet Kaur

Writer
SPNer
Oct 13, 2011
Seattle, Washington, USA
"Life is hard, " he said in a tone that implied he was voicing a new idea, an original thought.

She glanced at him out of the corner of a narrow, yet twinkling eye.

"Compared to what?" she retorted.

13315489_882630765179979_4816463078795396156_n.jpg

[The picture is of the Los Angeles River running through that city. It is today little more than a concrete ditch occasionally holding a bit of fetid water housing a generation of mosquitoes.]

This past year and a half has been very difficult for me and also for several of my very good friends. I won't name you or tag you. You know who you are.

I am now watching helplessly as my health, already bad, deteriorates more. Now I'm having trouble breathing. That is often a bit frightening. No. Not a bit. A whole lot terrifying. Getting in and out of bed leaves me breathless. I still have all the usual pains in the knees and hip. For some reason - or maybe for no reason - my GERD has decided this is a good time to act up.
13312783_882132031896519_8796177312057574437_n.jpg
Yet, we are a tough bunch, all of us, you and me. We don't know how to give up, even when we feel like that's what we want to do. Feeling ourselves weakening, we are all really growing stronger so we'll be able to handle the challenges yet to come.

As I have said many times, it's all attitude...and the most useful attitude is charhdi kala, to live with your spirit rising upward, even when, especially when, that seems impossible.

Avoid self-pity, no matter how attractive and justified it seems. It is a killer. "Why me?" I don't know. It doesn't matter. What matters is to keep going, one foot in front of the other, resting as often as necessary. Don't beat yourself up for occasional feelings of hopelessness. Look at what you have already done. You have come this far, farther than you ever could have imagined.

13342936_883018535141202_4612298449122250054_n.jpg

My beloved warrior friends, we are in this together. We are the living veterans of our individual and collective battles. As long as we hold tight to NO SURRENDER! we will eventually win our wars. I promise.

I love you.

The fighter still remains.

Seeker2013

Writer
SPNer
Aug 29, 2013
"Life is hard, " he said in a tone that implied he was voicing a new idea, an original thought.

[The picture is of the Los Angeles River running through that city. It is today little more than a concrete ditch occasionally holding a bit of fetid water housing a generation of mosquitoes.]

This past year and a half has been very difficult for me and also for several of my very good friends. I won't name you or tag you. You know who you are.

I am now watching helplessly as my health, already bad, deteriorates more. Now I'm having trouble breathing. That is often a bit frightening. No. Not a bit. A whole lot terrifying. Getting in and out of bed leaves me breathless. I still have all the usual pains in the knees and hip. For some reason - or maybe for no reason - my GERD has decided this is a good time to act up.
Yet, we are a tough bunch, all of us, you and me. We don't know how to give up, even when we feel like that's what we want to do. Feeling ourselves weakening, we are all really growing stronger so we'll be able to handle the challenges yet to come.

As I have said many times, it's all attitude...and the most useful attitude is charhdi kala, to live with your spirit rising upward, even when, especially when, that seems impossible.

Avoid self-pity, no matter how attractive and justified it seems. It is a killer. "Why me?" I don't know. It doesn't matter. What matters is to keep going, one foot in front of the other, resting as often as necessary. Don't beat yourself up for occasional feelings of hopelessness. Look at what you have already done. You have come this far, farther than you ever could have imagined.

My beloved warrior friends, we are in this together. We are the living veterans of our individual and collective battles. As long as we hold tight to NO SURRENDER! we will eventually win our wars. I promise.

I love you.

very touching penji
wishing you good health and happy days to come

Harry Haller

Panga Master
SPNer
Jan 31, 2011

Sis, you should have some oxygen by the side of the bed, just in case you need a hand, you are one of the wisest people I know, but in the absence of your health improving, comfort and survival make two second best things to focus on, I know you are extremely strong, but sometimes you have to go with the flow and just stop fighting for a while, if only to get your breathe back.

Harry Haller

Panga Master
SPNer
Jan 31, 2011
sis, get some oxygen, I had a similar problem when I had my last heart attack, sometimes, just getting into bed would leave me breathless, funnily enough, out of bed I was fine! Speak to your medical people and just get a small cannister just to take that panic away as you fight for breath, its horrible, and so easily remedied,

Inderjeet Kaur

Writer
SPNer
Oct 13, 2011
Seattle, Washington, USA
sis, get some oxygen, I had a similar problem when I had my last heart attack, sometimes, just getting into bed would leave me breathless, funnily enough, out of bed I was fine! Speak to your medical people and just get a small cannister just to take that panic away as you fight for breath, its horrible, and so easily remedied,
OK, bro, thanks. I plan to get some medical attention tomorrow. I will bring this up. And sleep with my torso elevated tonight.

swarn bains

Poet
SPNer
Apr 8, 2012
hi inderjeet, tell me if your breathing trouble is caused by blood clot . reason i am asking you is that i had a blood clot once and breathing had become shallow and i was spitting blood for six months but i recovered by doing one exercise. if so i will tell you the exercise if the shallowness of breathing is caused by blood clot. what the blood does to the lungs is that it clogs the pours of lungs and breathing becomes difficult. let me know if this is the cause then i will tell you the exercise but it is a hard one. s s a

Inderjeet Kaur

Writer
SPNer
Oct 13, 2011
Seattle, Washington, USA
My breathing difficulties are caused by COPD/asthma. I did have a blood clot in my lung a year ago March.Vrry painful.I have a condition where blood clots need to be constantly watched out for. I have twice had clots in my head-stroke, twice in my left leg, twice in my heart, once in my caratoid artery. Any one of those could easily have killed me. That's why we say my life's a miracle. I just say my work isn't done yet. I am permanently on anticoagulants. I have severe osteoarthritis in both knees and my left hip, and a host of other medical problems, mostly genetic. I support stem cell research, lol

Sorry to be so medically detailed, but it seems necessary.

swarn bains

Poet
SPNer
Apr 8, 2012
The blood clot does not happen second time so quickly if you are on anticoagulant medicine ( it is warfern) medicine used to kill mouse. With this the blood becomes thin and it does not coagulate easily. So you did not have many blood clots. it was only one. the others are side affect of the medicines you take particularly the arthritis medicines. Your breath shortness is due to the many medicines you take or it could be allergy to something else. Asthma is basically allergy. Ask your doctor to reduce the medicines or change them. Your body condition seems to be very week. so you will not be able to do that exercise and I am not going to tell you. I recovered because I was very fit and did tremendous exercises. It happened fifty five years ago and i still do not have any ill affect due to exercises I still do.

Inderjeet Kaur

Writer
SPNer
Oct 13, 2011
Seattle, Washington, USA
The blood clot does not happen second time so quickly if you are on anticoagulant medicine ( it is warfern) medicine used to kill mouse. With this the blood becomes thin and it does not coagulate easily. So you did not have many blood clots. it was only one. the others are side affect of the medicines you take particularly the arthritis medicines. Your breath shortness is due to the many medicines you take or it could be allergy to something else. Asthma is basically allergy. Ask your doctor to reduce the medicines or change them. Your body condition seems to be very week. so you will not be able to do that exercise and I am not going to tell you. I recovered because I was very fit and did tremendous exercises. It happened fifty five years ago and i still do not have any ill affect due to exercises I still do.

I was not put on warfarin permanently until after the Big Stroke in 2006. I had one blood clot since then when my INR got too low. Warfarin is a very fussy medication that needs testing at least once a month.

Several people have advised me not to take it because it is used as a rat poison. I usually point out that I am not a rat and what kills the rat (thinning the blood) is what keeps me alive. My arteries are textbook clear; the only heart problem I have is a bicuspid arterial valve that ought to be trefoil. I've had it all my life and ir's never caused me any problems.

Many friends give me a lot of medical advice. I listen and consider and research and make up my own mind. I have a doctor who works with me and respects my wishes. I appreciate that friends care about me, but in the end, I make my medical decisions, usually agreeing with my doctors.

Sikhilove

Writer
SPNer
May 11, 2016

I love you.

Life is not hard, we just make it hard with our worldly logic. He is everyone and everything you see and everything and everyone you don't.

Be in Chardi Kala- He is with you.

❤️ CLICK HERE TO JOIN SPN MOBILE PLATFORM

❤️ CLICK HERE TO JOIN SPN MOBILE PLATFORM

📌 For all latest updates, follow the Official Sikh Philosophy Network Whatsapp Channel: