• Welcome to all New Sikh Philosophy Network Forums!
    Explore Sikh Sikhi Sikhism...

Learn Punjabi Learn Punjabi Yourself Course Download

Oct 21, 2009
India
I have down loaded this file.It is really instructive for both Gurmukhi knowing and for non-Gurmukhi knowing members. It is very interesting in presentation and looks like PPT presentation. A nice effort.!!

Embers

SPNer
Aug 10, 2009
EU
Great little applictation, thanks for brining it to our attention. Punjabi is essential. I wonder why there are so few explanations of grammar (in English), is it not as necessary when learning Punjabi, can one really learn it from reciting gubani etc to have a sufficient level to understand it in the Gurdwara? I think Gurmukhi and vocabulary is just the start :)

ckumar12

SPNer
Dec 19, 2010
I downladed this file and had a quick look through, it is really helpful and both myself and children can learn much from it, thank you.

Admin

SPNer
Jun 1, 2004
SPN
Akasha ji, to use this app on a Mac, you would need to either install software "parallels" or "vmware fusion 4" and install windows 7 on your mac machine.

namritanevaeh

Writer
SPNer
Oct 14, 2012
Surrey, Canada
Sat sri akaal!

I am really eager to learn some more Punjabi.

I don't speak it at all yet but I recognise some words. I listen to a Punjabi radio station frequently to try and listen for a new word here or there that I might learn. So far most of what I know is food words. ;-) I can read my way through a restaurant menu without looking at descriptions of dishes ha ha. But although asking for aloo gobi is excellent if I am hungry it doesn't allow me to express myself much beyond that. ;-) HA HA HA.

So...in any case, I have been looking online the last few days and hope that this lesson will be a good one too.

Thank you!

icecreamkudi

namritanevaeh

Writer
SPNer
Oct 14, 2012
Surrey, Canada
Great little applictation, thanks for brining it to our attention. Punjabi is essential. I wonder why there are so few explanations of grammar (in English), is it not as necessary when learning Punjabi, can one really learn it from reciting gubani etc to have a sufficient level to understand it in the Gurdwara? I think Gurmukhi and vocabulary is just the start :)

Hanji...I would really like to find a load of "verb charts" so I can study past present, future etc. tenses.

namritanevaeh

Writer
SPNer
Oct 14, 2012
Surrey, Canada
So....I did try this course by the way. It was interesting but it really didn't teach much grammar at all.

And I've learned more by listening to the radio and reading "teach yourself panjabi" books and then personal tutorial sessions with a friend. ;-)

❤️ CLICK HERE TO JOIN SPN MOBILE PLATFORM

❤️ CLICK HERE TO JOIN SPN MOBILE PLATFORM

📌 For all latest updates, follow the Official Sikh Philosophy Network Whatsapp Channel: