Welcome to SPN

Register and Join the most happening forum of Sikh community & intellectuals from around the world.

language barrier

Discussion in 'Interfaith Dialogues' started by jaymelee, Jul 12, 2005.

1. jaymelee

Expand Collapse

Jul 11, 2005
    i have a problem reading some posts.i need tranlations.im new to this site and im still learning how to use it.does it possess anytype of informational listings for new members that would help me get the full benifit of using this site such as a taecher or coach to help me? thank you very much.
  2. Loading...

Similar Threads Forum Date
    Break the language barrier Business, Lifestyle & Leisure Jan 27, 2014
    Real solutions to the language barrier New to Sikhism Aug 14, 2005
    Sikhs For Change: Language - A barrier for New Sikhs? New to Sikhism Jul 5, 2005
    Pingalwara Learn Sign Language in Punjabi Sikh Organisations Nov 20, 2015
    Symmetry in Everyday Language Intellectual Articles Jul 22, 2015

3. thecoopes

Expand Collapse
    SPNer Supporter

Dec 27, 2004
    Dear friend the hardest thing on this site is the use of strange terminology but to help us that are unfamiliar with Sikh speak they have kindly put in a word reference, top right hand corner of Home page. [Glossary of Gurumukhi/Punjabi Words]

It’s a great site with lots of rational people sharing in depth humanity.

Best wishes

4. Neutral Singh

Neutral Singh
    Expand Collapse
    SPNer Supporter

Jun 1, 2004

Welcome to SPN and thanks for your feedback... There is indeed a section called Frequently Asked Questions --> FAQ <-- right at the top of this screen. This section will help you in basic understanding of major functionalities on this forum. And besides that our forums community is always ready to help you out. You are bound to face some problem with written punjabi language and for that as dear thecoopes has rightly directed, you can check out with some of the vocabulary by visiting Glossary section. However, if there is any specific section where you facing difficutly then please feel free to contact us and raise the matter anytime.

Best Regards
  5. Arvind

Expand Collapse
    SPNer Contributor Supporter

Jul 13, 2004
    I request the non-punjabi sangat to let us know clearly, which words are not understood properly. We will try our best to update the glossary on as-needed basis. But do point that out. That s a great learning exp for us too, as we do more research in getting to exact expression of those unfamiliar words to you.