Welcome to SPN

Register and Join the most happening forum of Sikh community & intellectuals from around the world.

Land Inheritance Rights In India

Discussion in 'Questions and Answers' started by Singhji80, Aug 1, 2016.

1. Singhji80

Singhji80 United Kingdom
    Expand Collapse
    SPNer

My dad and his two brothers (my uncles) own a land in India. My dad passed away aged 60 last August. Do I have a right to inherit part of the land?

2. Loading...

Similar Threads Forum Date
    Dassera : The Garland Of Slavery Hard Talk Oct 11, 2016
    Sikh News Largest Sikh Temple In Lower North Island Opens Its Doors - Stuff.co.nz Breaking News Sep 25, 2016
    Arts/Society Man Buns of Disneyland Language, Arts & Culture Aug 22, 2015
    Pacific New Zealand Pm: Sikhs Should Be Allowed To Wear Kirpans At World Cup Breaking News Mar 16, 2015
    India Aap Landslide Win In Delhi 2015 Breaking News Feb 10, 2015

3. Original

Original
    Expand Collapse
    Writer SPNer

..with a name like SinghJi, you're asking questions like an ET ! come on get real and yes, constitutionally speaking [Indian Law] you will, together with your mother and siblings inherit your late father's estate, unless there is express evidence to the contrary. If you're not sure what to do then seek independent legal advice. I can navigate you if you get stuck or have any problems. The organic difficulty you're likely to encounter will be the transference or the demise of the estate. You'll need local help when you're in India to see you through.

Goodnight !

4. Harry Haller

Harry Haller United Kingdom
    Expand Collapse

Writer SPNer Contributor

'local help' also costs money, the more money you have, the more 'local help' you get

• Like Like x 1