Welcome to SPN

Register and Join the most happening forum of Sikh community & intellectuals from around the world.

Buddhism Kyoto, Zen and the Missing Bicycle

Discussion in 'Interfaith Dialogues' started by drkhalsa, Jan 21, 2005.

1. drkhalsa

drkhalsa
    Expand Collapse
    SPNer

Kyoto, Zen and the Missing Bicycle[Travelogue] Citizen reporter Jeff Eagar meditates on philosophy, beauty and life lessons of Japan[​IMG] Email Article [​IMG] Print Article Jeff Eagar (internews) [​IMG] [​IMG][​IMG]Tokyo's metropolitan nightscape may be beautiful, but the stresses of city life inspire many to flee. ©2005 Boueki
    Time flies like and arrow, so do not waste energy on trivial matters. Be attentive. Be attentive! -- Zen Master Daito, 1337
    I am from Canada but I now live in Tokyo, Japan. In a megalopolis of such gargantuan proportions, time, like Master Daito said, really does fly by without recognition. Monday morning, a crammed subway on my way to work, then somehow it's Friday night and I am in an izakaya (Japanese pub), drinking sake trying to recall where the week went. This is why when I read Zen Master Daito's pertinent words I was inspired to make a move.

...........................................................................................

http://english.ohmynews.com/articleview/article_view.asp?no=206985&rel_no=1

2. Loading...