Guru Nanak Dev Ji --- Gurdwara Siddh Bati Patshahi Pahili Gurdwara Sidhbati on a mound near the pumping station across the Kurukshetra Tank. When the Guru visited Kurukshetra in Haryana, a big fair was being held at the holy tank to celebrate the solar eclipse. There were a large number of pilgrims all over the country. On his arrival at the fair, Guru Nanak had Mardana cook them a meat dish of a deer presented to them by one of his followers. Upon finding that meat was being cooked on the holy premises, a large angry crowd gathered in anger to attack the Guru for what they thought amounted to sacrilege (Bhai Mani Singh, Gyan Ratnavali, pg. 123). Upon hearing the angry crowd Guru Nanak responded; "Only fools argue whether to eat meat or not. They don't understand truth nor do they meditate on it. Who can define what is meat and what is plant? Who knows where the sin lies, being a vegetarian or a non- vegetarian?" (Malhar) Guru Amar Das Ji & Guru Har Rai Ji Gurdwara Tisari and Satvin Patshahi – Kurukshetra, it is located near Lal Bahadur Shastri Market on the fringe of Thanesar proper. Guru Amar Das preached about the inefficacy of visiting holy places and bathing in holy water for purification of the soul. The only tirath to have a dip in, he said, was nam (the Holy Word Guru HarGobind Sahib Ji Gurdwara Chhevin Patshahi -- is situated between the railway line and the Pehowa road, about 2 kilometres from the Kurukshetra bus stand The Guru's princely appearance and armed retinue attracted many pilgrims who were puzzled to know that this warlord-like person was the spiritual successor of the saintly Baba Nanak. But their doubts were dispelled when they listened to the Guru's discourse on the relation between bhakti and shakti (prayer and power). Gurdwara Chhevin Patshahi is the premier Gurdwara of Kurukshetra where offices of the local and regional managing committees are located. This is also the most spacious and most magnificent of the local Gurdawaras. Guru ka Langar, sarovar and availability of accommodation for pilgrims is available only at this place. Originally, the shrine was marked only by a platform. A Gurdwara was raised over it in 1909. After 1947 a large number of Sikhs, uprooted from Pakistan, found temporary refuge here and later settled in villages in this area, then part of Karnal district. Baba Jiwan Singh took up the construction and reconstruction of historical Gurdwaras in the region through kar-seva (collective, free and voluntary service). The main building, a high-ceilinged congregation hall on a 6 feet high plinth, with a fluted lotus dome above the sanctum where Guru Granth Sahib is seated on a canopied marble seat, is lined all around, with white and streaked marble slabs. All major functions of the year - birth anniversaries of the first, sixth and the tenth Gurus - are held in this Gurdwara. Guru HarGobind Sahib Ji & Guru Tegh Bhadur Sahib Ji Gurudwara Manji Sahib-Kurukshetra district – it is located in in village Cheeka of Kurukshetra district IT is dedicated to the memory of sixth and ninth Gurus. Sri Hargobind, the sixth Guru, graced this place on his way to Gurdwara Nanakmata, in district Nainital in Uttar Pradesh. Guru Tegh Bahadur, the ninth Guru, ilso visited this place. He passed through this area while going to Delhi where he made the supreme sacrifice for the cause of truth on November 11, 1675 at the site of Gurdwara Sis Ganj Guru Tegh Bhadur Sahib Ji Gurdwara Navin Patshahi -- This Gurdwara located along Jhansa road north of Thanesar Guru Tegh Bahadur visited Kurukshetra during one of his missionary tours of Malva and Bangar.It marks the place where he is believed to have stayed. Its building, too, has been reconstructed during recent decades. Guru Gobind Singh Sahib Ji Gurdwara Raj Ghat Patshahi Dasvin -- It is located near the main bank of the Kurukshetra tank It is the biggest all the Kurukshetra gurdwaras. When Guru Gobind Singh came to Kurukshetra on the occasion of the solar eclipse fair in 1702-03, he camped at the place now occupied by this Gurdwara. It was, as it still is, the custom to give rich presents as alms to Brahmans during the eclipse, and receive their benediction in the belief that this would relieve the Sun-god from the clutches of demons eating him away (as the eclipse was traditionally interpreted), and also earn for the donors, riches in the hereafter, Guru Gobind Singh found a novel way of dispelling this misbelieve. He loaded a donkey with costly presents and asked the Brahmans to take it as alms. The Brahmans coveted the presents but hesitated to catch the donkey, lest they are polluted by touching the lowly and unholy animal. The sight amused the onlookers who gathered around the Guru. This was what the Guru had desired. He explained to the people the absurdity of relating the eclipses to mythical gods and demons and the futility of giving alms to greedy priests. The Guru was, however, pleased with Mani Ram, one of the Brahmans, who, undeterred by other priest's threats of excommunication, took hold, the donkey as Guru's grace and asked for his blessings. Guru Gobind Singh gave him a hukamnama and a dagger as relic. Guru Gobind Singh Sahib Ji Gurdwara Dasvin Patshahi - This is a privately owned shrine in Mohalla Saudagaran in the northwestern part of Thanesar, close to the tomb of the legendary humorist, Shaikh Chilli It is a small domed Manji Sahib in a house which once belonged to Pandit Moti Ram, who had accepted with humility a donkey as alms from Guru Gobind Singh. It is claimed that the Guru graced Moti Ram's house with his visit at the Pandit's request and gave him the dagger and the hukamnama here.