• Welcome to all New Sikh Philosophy Network Forums!
    Explore Sikh Sikhi Sikhism...

Kirpans/knifes

poppy

SPNer
Apr 13, 2005
london
please tell me why some sikh youth of today walk around with large 'knife' looking kirpans and a 'bullit' type straps. I have also seen the Khanda designs using swords/bullits etc? :hmm:

Jul 13, 2004
Canada
poppy,

Guru Fateh ji.

Kirpan is one of the 5 Ks (i.e. Kesh, Kara, Kangha, Kachera, Kirpan) of Khalsa, making it part of the uniform of Akaal Purakh ki Fauj.

Regards.

Gyani Jarnail Singh

Sawa lakh se EK larraoan
Mentor
Writer
SPNer
Jul 4, 2004
KUALA LUMPUR MALAYSIA
The "KIRPAAN" is NOT a "KNIFE" per se....just as the "sacrament" given in a Catholic Church is NOT a piece of bread....and the "Wine" is not reallyty the "WINE" one drinks in a Bar for example..

The Sikh religion has TWO KIRPANS...One for MIRI - TEMPORAL WORLD and the Other for PIRI - For SPIRITUAL WORLD.

The MIRI KIRPAAN is used to FIGHT INJUSTICE and for the UNDERDOG in the Battle field...The PIRI KIRPAAN is used to "BLESS" Sacred FOOD given out in the Presence of the GURU Granth Ji in a Gurdwara.

Guur Hargobind JI, Sikhism's SIXTH Nanak wore these TWO KIRPAANS..and He BUILT the AKAL TAKHAT..seat of Sikhism's TEMPORAL POWERS right In front of the Harmandir sahib Built by His Father and Grandfather GUru Ramdass Ji and Guru Arjun JI which houses the SPIRITUAL HOME of Sikhism.

Jarnail Singh gyani

❤️ CLICK HERE TO JOIN SPN MOBILE PLATFORM