Welcome to SPN

Register and Join the most happening forum of Sikh community & intellectuals from around the world.

Canada Khalsa Diwan Society (Ross Street Sikh Temple), Vancouver, BC-2011 election results

Discussion in 'Breaking News' started by Archived_Member16, Nov 30, 2011.

1. Archived_Member16

Archived_Member16
    Expand Collapse
    SPNer Contributor

• Like Like x 4
  2. Loading...

Similar Threads Forum Date
    Canada United Sikh Youth Submit Slate in Khalsa Diwan Vancouver Election Breaking News Nov 6, 2011
    India Akal Takht Intervenes to Check Factionalism in Chief Khalsa Diwan Breaking News Dec 12, 2010
    General Khalsa Diwan Society Centenary Programs Sunday, LISTEN LIVE Hard Talk Dec 18, 2006
    Tat Khalsa V/s Bandai Khalsa : What Is Truth? History of Sikhism Jun 30, 2016
    Great Sikh Women - Guru Fatha Singh Khalsa Essays on Sikhism Jun 26, 2016

3. Gyani Jarnail Singh

Gyani Jarnail Singh Malaysia
    Expand Collapse
    Sawa lakh se EK larraoan
    Mentor Writer SPNer Contributor

This Moderate Slate was the one running the Gurdwara all along when the AKJ supported Lobby of fundamentalists arranged for the AKJ leaning jathedar Ranjit Singh to issue a Hukmnamah from Akal takhat BANNING Tables and chairs form langgar halls and excommunicated Five Sikhs from the area for not adhering to this edict...and Now the Opposing slate of AKJ/DT etc got less than a third of their votes while the SGGS supporting slate got even lesser...so it seems the MAJORITY of Sangat are fed up and want the Status Quo...??? Looks like that to me....otherwise how did the moderates win so many votes MORE than the two fundamentalists combined..??

• Like Like x 1
  4. Gyani Jarnail Singh

Gyani Jarnail Singh Malaysia
    Expand Collapse
    Sawa lakh se EK larraoan

also the United Slate of Akj/dt sikhs spent the MOST MONEY....running a RADIO STATION !!! as well and still LOST ?? funny how the snagat didnt buy their slate...

• Like Like x 1
  5. Tejwant Singh

Tejwant Singh United States
    Expand Collapse

Gyani ji,

Guru Fateh and well said.

My take on this one is that most of the Gurdwaras in Surrey and other nearby cities are managed by AKJ/DT people. Vancouver has more homogenous population. By that I mean there are many more clean shaven Sikhs who live there. I do not know if you noticed, the President elect of the Ross Gurdwara trims his beard.

So, I guess the "majority" won.

Regards

Tejwant Singh

• Like Like x 1