• Welcome to all New Sikh Philosophy Network Forums!
    Explore Sikh Sikhi Sikhism...

Khalsa Aid Khalsa Aid On The Syria-Lebanon Border 2014

Inderjeet Kaur

Writer
SPNer
Oct 13, 2011
Seattle, Washington, USA
Ravinder Singh, the founder and CEO of Khalsa Aid,has not hesitated to go wherever aid is needed, from Kosovo to Somalia to Haiti and other troubled spots in the world. His latest sewa is taking him to the refugee camps along the Syria-Lebanon border, a very dangerous undertaking.

Khalsa Aid carries the Nishan Sahib amongst people many of whom have never heard of Sikhs and performs remarkable sewa which advances the best aspects of Sikhi and the Sikh ethos throughout the world. Many people are astounded by these guys with beards and turbans and the women as well who give and give and ask nothing in return. This is a large part of what being a Sikh means to me.

Let Ravi Singh tell us in his own words exactly what is happening right now.:

Wed., 19. March 2014

Aid & Security

Although there is so much human suffering at the borders of Lebanon for the Syrian refugees there are also huge security issues for the aid agencies and their staff.

I have met some wonderful individuals who are marching on and providing aid to the desperate refugees even at huge risks to themselves. My admiration for these guys is beyond words.

Tomorrow I will join them to see for myself the plight of some of the refugees and how Khalsa Aid can offer assistance. There are security alerts in some areas but that's the nature of being involved in humanitarian relief work.

May god always bless these brave aid workers who I had the honour of meeting today.
My turban and my Beard have prob been to more dodgy places than any other in Sikh history.
Just got to avoid the American drones l o l !!
"Tu mera rakha sabni thai"...You are my Protector everywhere ....

With this prayer in mind off we go to see if we can get into the refugee camps, long drive ahead.

Thurs., 320 March 2014

Syrian Refugee Camps:The Children ..

We can't change the whole world but we can change the world around us.

It was indeed a sad day, the beautiful children came rushing to greet me as I approached their makeshift school. It was hand shakes and " High 5s"all around.

These children attend make shift schools and many do not have chairs or desks. Their families are also sleeping on the rock hard ground.

Khalsa Aid will provide 200 mattresses and also school chairs and desks. It deeply saddened me seeing such misery caused by war. It's was difficult to see the terrible conditions these people are living in after leaving their lovely homes. We will do more ..... Really heartbreaking.
This man was a lawyer in Syria, today he is living in a single make shift tent/room with his family in Lebanon. The man is so humble and so patient. It was so nice to share few words with him, he was very grateful to Khalsa Aid for thinking about them. The locals grassroots organisation Sawa is providing basic needs for his family.

It's not easy working so close to a war zone. It's a very tense time in the Middle East.

The Syrian people are going through terrible time and many have left everything behind to flee to safety.

It was tough to see the children living in cramped conditions and their lives turned upside down. I hope the war will end soon and they can go back to their happier days.

I have been told that things will get much worse. We at Khalsa Aid will remain on standby with our local partners.
UPDATE

Fri., 21 March 2014

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?v=10151923328006621&set=vb.641511620&type=2&theater

Syrian children speaking Panjabi. They wanted to say how happy they were by our support.

" Asi Bahut Khush ha "

The Syrian children at a refugee camp were surprised at my ability to speak broken Arabic and asked me to teach them how to say "we are very happy" in Panjabi.

The young ladies are very intelligent and extremely well spoken. They asked Khalsa Aid for desks,books and school bags. KA has ordered 32 desks, these will be delivered on Sunday. The school bags will be arranged by next week and KA has also ordered 200 mattresses as many of the children are sleeping on hard ground.

There are well over 600 children, Khalsa Aid will extend support to most of the children. God bless them.
Sounds like gunfire in Beirut ...

[Gleaned from his Facebook page]

Attachments

• Ravi in Syr-Leb 300.jpg
    Ravi in Syr-Leb 300.jpg
    56.1 KB · Reads: 568
  • A Syrian Lawyer.jpg
    A Syrian Lawyer.jpg
    29.4 KB · Reads: 512
Last edited:

Brother Onam

Writer
SPNer
Jul 11, 2012
Beautiful post. I'm not comfortable with the laughing icon after the drone comment. If it was your son or daughter who was among the at least 400 children who have been killed by US drones, or the survivors who suffer PTSD and nightmares from being haunted by imminent rocket attack, it would be less a laughing matter.
Waheguru reigns supreme.:blueturban:

Last edited:

Inderjeet Kaur

Writer
SPNer
Oct 13, 2011
Seattle, Washington, USA
Beautiful post. I'm not comfortable with the laughing icon after the drone comment. If it was your son or daughter who was among the at least 400 children who have been killed by US drones, or the survivors who suffer PTSD and nightmares from being haunted by imminent rocket attack, it would be less a laughing matter.
Waheguru reigns supreme.:blueturban:

I agree. The smiley is there as an accidental result of my uploading. I have removed the emoticon and left the l ol, which is part of the original.

❤️ CLICK HERE TO JOIN SPN MOBILE PLATFORM

❤️ CLICK HERE TO JOIN SPN MOBILE PLATFORM

📌 For all latest updates, follow the Official Sikh Philosophy Network Whatsapp Channel: