• Welcome to all New Sikh Philosophy Network Forums!
    Explore Sikh Sikhi Sikhism...

Khalsa Aid Khalsa Aid - In Service Of Humanity

Admin

SPNer
Jun 1, 2004
SPN
About Us

Established in 1999, Khalsa Aid is an international non-profit aid and relief organization founded on the Sikh principles of selfless service and universal love. Khalsa Aid is a UK Registered Charity (#1080374) with the UK Charities Commission and also has volunteers in North America & Asia. Khalsa Aid has provided relief assistance to victims of disasters, wars, and other tragic events around the world.

Khalsa Aid would like to thank all individuals and Gurdwaras who have donated so generously to make the relief programs possible, a special thanks to Wolverhampton Sikh community through Guru Nanak Sikh Gurdwara, Sedgly Street for their wonderful and continuous support.

How it started

I was a committee member of Singh Sabba Gurudwara Slough Executive committee from 1998-1999 (never been in any Gurudwara committee since but strongly recommend everyone should be in a committee at least once in their life). The forthcoming tri-centenary of the Khalsa was the main discussion point in most meetings. There were many opinions as to what was the best way to mark the 300th birth of the Khalsa. I was very adamant within myself that something good should rise to mark this historical occasion which not only got the Sangat (Sikh Community) involved but the whole world should be aware of this momentous occasion in the Sikh history. At the time of the celebrations across the UK (also the world) there was a very brutal war in Kosovo and every news bulletin carried the terrible pictures of the refugees struggling to cross the cold and mountainous border to reach a safer and peaceful Albania. The tide of refugees was a never ending tale of suffering and hardship. So I thought to myself that there was so much food at the Khalsa celebrations yet only 1700 miles away there were people fighting for a loaf of bread! I was reading a national newspaper when I read about a small group who were organising an aid convoy to Albania. The inspiration from Bhai Ghaniya Ji and SARBAT THE BHALLA (well being of all) came rushing into my mind and at that moment Khalsa Aid was born.

I spoke to my friend Jatinder Singh about it and he promptly got on to his computer to publicise Khalsa Aid and by the next day I had phoned the group from the newspaper to join them to deliver aid to the needy in Albania from the Sikh community. The Sangat was extremely generous in donating food, money etc and within 2 weeks we were on our way with 2 trucks and a van load of aid to Albania. The rest is history!! Since 1999 Khalsa Aid has provided relief to many people suffering from earthquakes, Tsunami etc. The unpaid volunteers have helped to make Khalsa Aid a global relief agency and from the whole committee we thank them for their input and dedication.

We still have a very long way to go and through your generous support I am sure we can continue to offer assistance to the needy around the world.

Our Work

Khalsa Aid (KA) is primarily a humanitarian relief agency, based on the teachings of the Sikh Gurus who preached well being of all humanity. Since the launch of KA in 1999 we have provided aid in many different disasters, this has only been possible due to the generosity of the Sikh community worldwide but mostly funded by the UK based Sikhs. The idea behind KA has been to provide cross border humanitarian relief and also to raise awareness of global relief and development work.

There are many obstacles in relief work but the main one is corruption especially in the developing world. It's very frustrating and unfortunate that during any disasters there will be people trying to make a 'fast buck' out of misery of the already downtrodden victims. We at Khalsa Aid have never given cash to any groups or individuals but have carried out our own assessments by our relief team and then appointed local contractors and suppliers. We believe that our donors expect us to be diligent and responsible for every penny that they donate.

Please continue to support Khalsa Aid, so we can continue to do Seva and increase the global awareness of Sikhs.

Support Khalsa Aid: http://khalsaaid.org/donate.html

Khalsa Aid is the first cross border humanitarian organisation based on the Sikh principles of Sarbat Da Bhalla and Vand Kay Chakna. Khalsa Aid is dependent on the generosity of the Sangat to carry out such vital Seva. We are extremely grateful to the Sangat for supporting our global aid projects over the past 12 years since our launch.

To donate monthly or to make a one off donation, please click on the following link: http://www.justgiving.com/<wbr>khalsaaid or please visit www.khalsaaid.org for more information about the work we continue to do.

Join our Mailing list http://www.khalsaaid.org/<wbr>lists/?p=subscribe to receive updates on our projects as well as volunteering opportunities.

Ravinder Singh Sidhu
Chairman/Founder
Khalsa Aid

UK Registered Charity (#1080374)
Main Office: +44 (0) 1753 567 457

Attachments

• khalsa-aid.jpg
    khalsa-aid.jpg
    11.2 KB · Reads: 376

❤️ CLICK HERE TO JOIN SPN MOBILE PLATFORM

❤️ CLICK HERE TO JOIN SPN MOBILE PLATFORM

📌 For all latest updates, follow the Official Sikh Philosophy Network Whatsapp Channel: