Welcome to SPN

Register and Join the most happening forum of Sikh community & intellectuals from around the world.

Inspirational Kaum Sheran Dee (Tribute)

Discussion in 'Videos' started by kiranskr, Feb 17, 2012.

1. kiranskr

kiranskr
    Expand Collapse
    SPNer

• Like Like x 1
  2. Loading...

Similar Threads Forum Date
    Kaum Sikh Indonesia - Part 1 Sikh Sikhi Sikhism Jan 9, 2016
    Controversial SGPC and the Sikh Kaum Looted in Day Light (in Punjabi, 2 Videos) Hard Talk Jul 12, 2011
    Sikh News Sikh becomes an officer in Pak Army (Kaumundi Online) Breaking News Dec 21, 2005
    Sikh News .Pak announces compensation for 200 quake-hit Sikh families (Kaumundi Online) Breaking News Oct 18, 2005
    Sikh News Anti-Sikh riots case: Centre to reopen cases against Cong leaders (Kaumundi Online) Breaking News Oct 16, 2005

3. Kamala

Kamala
    Expand Collapse
    Banned

I appreciate the positive attitude, but pride is one of the 5 evils.. and we are supposed to live in humility for God.

4. BaljinderS

BaljinderS
    Expand Collapse
    SPNer

Hanji, pride is definitely one of the things to stay away from.

Being proud of of those who have sacrificed everything for religious freedom, this is the pride Sikhs hold close to their heart. I am proud to be born into a Sikh family, this is not the same as personal pride. Every Sikh should be proud of their heritage, culture, warrior tradition, sacrifice and service to humanity.

• Like Like x 2
  5. Harry Haller

Harry Haller United Kingdom
    Expand Collapse

Writer SPNer Contributor

Kamalaji

May I be frank, I sense a pattern to your latest posts, they seem very black and white!

ie, the Sri Guru Granth Sahib Ji says this, so we must not do this, or that
    Guruji says this, so we must be careful of this, or that

This is the sort of behaviour that makes people take everything literally, Gurbani was never meant to be about hard and fast rules, in my opinion anyway, When Guruji says 'Pride', we as Sikhs are intelligent to know which 'Pride' he is talking about, he is talking about

[noun] unreasonable and inordinate self-esteem (personified as one of the deadly sins)

not

[noun] a feeling of self-respect and personal worth

Now in my humble opinion, your attitude is the result of things read being taken literally. One has to look deeper than just the all enveloping concept, one has to apply ones brain, think, and really try and figure out just what did Guruji actually mean. This applies to the mention of Hindu Gods in Bani, mentions of heaven and hell, reincarnation etc etc

So it is not wrong to feel pride in the way my dear Veerji has described above, but clearly the quote I have pasted above is not what Guruji meant.

Namashkar Bhenji

• Like Like x 2