Welcome to SPN

Register and Join the most happening forum of Sikh community & intellectuals from around the world.

Jo Bole So Nihal - The Movie

Discussion in 'Hard Talk' started by Neutral Singh, May 12, 2005.

1. Neutral Singh

Neutral Singh
    Expand Collapse
    SPNer Supporter

Jun 1, 2004

The following letter was sent to the Central Board of Film Certification and the Information and Broadcasting Ministry of India by Prof. Jagmohan Singh, General Secretary, Shiromani Akali Dal (Amritsar) on May 7. The Panthic body has appealed to the Sikh people all over the world to hold protest demonstrations on 11th May 2005 to mark their discontent with the film.

2. Loading...

Similar Threads Forum Date
    Sikh News SGPC demands ban on Jo Bole So Nihal (Express India) Breaking News May 20, 2005
    Sikh News Jo Bole So Nihal screening stopped in Amritsar (The Tribune) Breaking News May 19, 2005
    Sikh News SGPC panel to review Jo Bole So Nihal (The Tribune) Breaking News May 15, 2005
    Sikh News Protest against Jo Bole So Nihal (The Tribune) Breaking News May 15, 2005
    Sikh News Akal Takht, censor board clear 'Jo Bole So Nihal (Outlook India) Breaking News May 13, 2005

3. Gyani Jarnail Singh

Gyani Jarnail Singh Malaysia
    Expand Collapse
    Sawa lakh se EK larraoan
    Mentor Writer SPNer Contributor

Jul 4, 2004
    I have not yet seen this movie ( i am not sure i "want" to...hmm )
    but i also read in the Tribune that the Akal Takhat jathedar through a SGPC Committee has "passed" it as OK for Sikhs to view !!

I am surprised at the unseemly haste of this approval....surely something is not right...our jathedars normally dont move so fast..am i missing something ??

Also this is a first in the Akal takhat approving movies...ususally it takes YEARS for any action...times are certainly changing..

Jarnail Singh