• Welcome to all New Sikh Philosophy Network Forums!
    Explore Sikh Sikhi Sikhism...

Japji Sahib - Pauri 35

Amarpal

Mentor
Writer
SPNer
Jun 11, 2004
India
Dear Khalsa Jee,

Through this post, I share with you, my understanding of 35th Pauri of Japji Sahib.

1. Drm KMf kw eyho Drmu ] Dharam khand kaa ayho Dharam.

Realm of Dharma demands lives as per Dharma

My understanding:

Guru Sahib is telling me that my worldly life should be in accordance with my Dharma. I should perform all my duties toward my family, the society, the environment and myself. This I should do with truthfulness, equipoise, and righteousness and with moral correctness. I should not allow my selfish interest, emotions, vices viz. greed, lust, envy, anger, jealousy etc or Ahamkara to distract me from the path of my Dharma.

2. igAwn KMf kw AwKhu krmu ] gi-aan khand kaa aakhhu karam.

Speaking is the way of realm of Gyan (Knowledge).

My understanding:

Guru Sahib is telling me that my Gyan can increase by speaking it out and sharing with others. This way my knowledge will be exposed to the purifying effect of discussion with others, I will learn of others and wisdom will dawn on me; my thinking will get debugged; I will move closer to the truth and I will become a better human in the realm of Gyan. I understand that Gyan should be the basis of my worldly life of Dharam.

3. kyqy pvx pwxI vYsMqr kyqy kwn mhys ] kaytay pavan paanee vaisantar kaytay kaan mahays.

Created winds, waters, fires, Created Krishna and Shiva.

4. kyqy brmy GwViq GVIAih rUp rMg ky vys ] kaytay barmay ghaarhat gharhee-ahi roop rang kay vays.

Created Brahmas, the creator created in so many different forms, colours and appearances.

5. kyqIAw krm BUmI myr kyqy kyqy DU aupdys ] kaytee-aa karam bhoomee mayr kaytay kaytay Dhoo updays.

Created lands for Karmas and from my doing created learning, which result from them.

6. kyqy ieMd cMd sUr kyqy kyqy mMfl dys ] kaytay ind chand soor kaytay kaytay mandal days.

Created Indra, moon, Devetas, the created entities further created constellations and lands.

7. kyqy isD buD nwQ kyqy kyqy dyvI vys ] kaytay siDh buDh naath kaytay kaytay dayvee vays.

Created those who are fully in control of self (Siddhas), who have the perfect knowledge (Buddha) and yogis (Naath) and associated with these conceived entities further created goddesses in different forms and different attributes.

8. kyqy dyv dwnv muin kyqy kyqy rqn smuMd ] kaytay dayv daanav mun kaytay kaytay ratan samund.

Created Devetas, Demons, Sages, and the created ones created oceans of jewels.

9. kyqIAw KwxI kyqIAw bwxI kyqy pwq nirMd ] kaytee-aa khaanee kaytee-aa banee kaytay paat narind.

Stories of the created, scripture of the created, created the dynasties of rulers.

10. kyqIAw surqI syvk kyqy nwnk AMqu n AMqu ]35] kaytee-aa surtee sayvak kaytay naanak ant na ant. ||35||

Created those who are in communion with ‘The Ultimate’, disciple and servers.

O’Nanak there is no end to what is created.

My understanding of this Pauri:

Guru Sahib is telling me that I must live my worldly life in accordance with my Dharma. Guru Sahib also telling me that my worldly life should not consist of blind routines, but should stem from Gyan (knowledge).

Guru Sahib has simplified my spiritual evolution. The exasperation with the diversity and uncountable variety (as evident in the last sentence of the Pauri), Guru Sahib has removed for me. Guru Sahib has removed all that can probably stand between ‘The Sat’ and me. Guru Sahib has even removed any live Guru i.e. any Guru in flesh, bones and blood from coming in my way. Guru Sahib has removed the priest that can come between ‘The Sat’ and me. Guru Sahib has made my path to ‘The Sat’ direct and clear. I must follow this path shown to me by Guru Sahib, which is guided by Gurbani i.e. Sikhi (the teachings of Guru Sahib enshrined in Siri Guru Granth Sahib). At the end of this path is ‘The Sat’ with whom I can merge if ‘The Sat’ grace me i.e. bless me with Gurparsadi’. This way Guru Sahib has fully empowered me and made me responsible for my own salvation. It is Great; really Great.

Wah-e-Guru

With this I close.

With love and respect for all.

Amarpal

❤️ CLICK HERE TO JOIN SPN MOBILE PLATFORM

❤️ CLICK HERE TO JOIN SPN MOBILE PLATFORM

📌 For all latest updates, follow the Official Sikh Philosophy Network Whatsapp Channel: