• Welcome to all New Sikh Philosophy Network Forums!
    Explore Sikh Sikhi Sikhism...

Is This Ego?

Is it ego for someone to say [especially a Sikh].

• Worst ego

Votes: 9 60.0%
  • Ego, but not extremely bad

Votes: 3 20.0%
  • Not ego

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Far, far from ego

Votes: 3 20.0%

• Total voters
Jul 13, 2004
UK
My faith is true
My faith is the best
And say believers of other religions are 'lost'?

Please give input and quotes to back up points if possible.

A-A-A

SPNer
Jan 21, 2005
uk
I don't feel it's ego for me to say my faith is true and the best. To me it is the truest and the best - if I didn't think this, then I wouldn't follow it. Instead I would choose another.

I would say that it is arrogant to say the followers of another path are 'lost.' I believe Waheguru (or whatever one chooses to call the creator) has a plan for all. If he didn't want someone to be a Christian, for example, then that person would not have been born into a Christian path.

My understanding of Sikhi is that it is the actions of a person that are important, rather than any label. Therefore, to make a sweeping statement if I may, then those who wrong others, are the ones who are lost, regardless of which religion they claim to be part of.

So, I haven't voted in the poll because it's a split decision for me - sorry:unsure:

A-A-A

May 16, 2005
Vernon, BC Canada
A-A-A said:
I would say that it is arrogant to say the followers of another path are 'lost.' I believe Waheguru (or whatever one chooses to call the creator) has a plan for all. If he didn't want someone to be a Christian, for example, then that person would not have been born into a Christian path.
A-A-A

it's not a crime to be have pride and faith in your religion, i woulkd caution not to go out and convert people directly. However, guru ji's message must be taught to the masses again like it was.

I think's it's also bad to say someone is "lost" if they are not sikh.

Navdeep86

SPNer
May 2, 2006
well yea everyone has certain extend of proudness,pride n faith of their own religion Its common eg: christian will say WE ARE THE BEST etc and so on..with other religion including our sikh ppl ... pride faith proudness yes everyone have [alittle], even countries aswell like MILLITARY PERSonnel wearing their uniform n proud of it :)
btw ego=destruction lol..GOd= everyone why ego for ?

HOWEVER GURU JI'S MESSAGE MUSTBE TAUGHT TO THE MASSES AGAIN LIKE IT WAS ?
talk to who ??

max314

SPNer
May 28, 2006
CaramelChocolate said:
My faith is true
My faith is the best
And say believers of other religions are 'lost'?

Please give input and quotes to back up points if possible.

It can be. It often is, due to the fallicies within men and women.

The thing is that the Sikkh faith is not anything complex or convoluted. It is not a turban or a sword or a steel bracelet or any other piece moulded from this material world. The Sikkh faith is merely:

1. - The belief in One God

2. - The belief that all human beings ought to live a moral and full life whilst here on Earth.

This isn't what I'd call 'faith'. It's called common sense.

Lionchild said:
it's not a crime to be have pride and faith in your religion...

It's not a crime. But it is a train of thought that leads only to darkness.

A true Sikkh has no pride because s/he realises that All Is One under God.

In this world, there is no need for such trivial prde.

Last edited:

❤️ CLICK HERE TO JOIN SPN MOBILE PLATFORM

❤️ CLICK HERE TO JOIN SPN MOBILE PLATFORM

📌 For all latest updates, follow the Official Sikh Philosophy Network Whatsapp Channel: