Welcome to SPN

Register and Join the most happening forum of Sikh community & intellectuals from around the world.

Is Sukhmani Sahib considered complete without thiti ki paordi?

Discussion in 'Sukhmani Sahib' started by simerdeepsingh, Apr 18, 2006.

1. simerdeepsingh

Expand Collapse

Oct 12, 2004
    as i have doubt about this as someone has told me that sukmani sahib reading is considered uncomplete untill thiti ki paodi is not read .plz givce me ur views
  2. Loading...

Similar Threads Forum Date
    General Feeling sleepy during Sukhmani Sahib . Hard Talk Jun 8, 2015
    Sukhmani Sahib:12th Ashtapadee: Shaloka that precedes it Sukhmani Sahib Oct 19, 2013
    The Sukhmani Sahib Experience Sukhmani Sahib Aug 31, 2013
    Sukhmani Sahib:11th Ashtapadee:6th Pauri:My understanding Sukhmani Sahib Apr 15, 2013
    Sukhmani Sahib:11th Ashtapadee:5th Pauri:My understanding Sukhmani Sahib Sep 25, 2012

3. Amarpal

Expand Collapse
    Mentor Writer SPNer Contributor

Jun 11, 2004

Read it the way you like, read it as you find it convenient. Reading is not the intent but only the way. The intent is to incorporate what is said by Guru Sahib into one's own being. This takes effort, time and mental discipline.

Sikh way is not mechanical; it is not ritualistic. There is no specific way or time to read. You can read a couple of line and assimilate them. You can read one Pauri and assimilate it. What is important that the individual invests her or his mental resources and seeks the blessing of 'The Sat' to understand what is said in them.

With love and respect for all.

Amarpal Singh