Welcome to SPN

Register and Join the most happening forum of Sikh community & intellectuals from around the world.

General Is Gatka useful in a self defense situation?

Discussion in 'Hard Talk' started by gsingh2011, Jul 24, 2010.

1. gsingh2011

gsingh2011 United States
    Expand Collapse
    SPNer

Gatka always seemed interesting to me, but when I talked to one of my friends who does gatka, it doesn't seem like a realistic fighting style. Nowadays, it is more like a game where opponents attack turn by turn. Even if it was not turn by turn, it seems like it would not be as effective as other forms of martial arts, although it does teach basic attack and defense techniques and improve ones reflexes. Do you think it would be useful in real life? Of course it was useful to the Gurus, but I'm pretty sure there must have been a drastic change in the style, or they could not have been so successful in battle.

2. Loading...