• Welcome to all New Sikh Philosophy Network Forums!
    Explore Sikh Sikhi Sikhism...

Seeker9

Cleverness is not wisdom
SPNer
May 2, 2010
UK
Like I said before, very interesting article and question. Having thought about it I would have to say No. I would add that I think Sinister Ji sums it up rather well in an earlier post

The lack of a spiritual focus has not held back development in the animal kingdom...just look at whales which as a species have been swimming around for 50 million+ years. Their evolution has been just fine....sadly the only sustained threat to them has been us supposedly civilised and evolved humans

Had the question been in terms of social development and civilisation then my answer would have been a resounding yes

Good article though and I have enjoyed the subsequent discussion

Seeker9

Cleverness is not wisdom
SPNer
May 2, 2010
UK
Respectable SEEKER3K
I would like to bring to your kind attention that there is absolute clear concept THE CREATOR of the UNIVERSE in Sikh phylosophy.According to this we are supposed to know THE CREATOR of the UNIVERSE thru letter and words only.Just as we have the knowledge about invisible forces in science thru letter and words only .e.gOur knowledge about Gravitational Force is related to the letter "G",and Magnetic Force to the letter 'M" like that.Similarly thru Gurbaani we come to know that the CREATOR of the UNIVERSE is a SYSTEM to be known by the letter and word as EKONKAARU/EKANKAAR.AND the whole UNIVERSE is to be knownas the infinite expansion of this SYSTEM only.This SYSTEM and its MODEOF EXPANSION has been described thru
DIVINE WORDS which constitutes the basis of real srituality to get oneself connected with this SYSTEM EKANKAARU/EKANKAAR.
THE SYSTEM itself is PLURAL in its PHYSICS.The source of the SYSTEM is the NON ACTIVE State of the whole matter of the UNIVERSE at time ZERO.

PRAKASH.S.BAGGA

There have been some fine posts on this thread including this one

But I wonder if I could respectfully ask everyone to consider the question in the title of this thread..i.e is BELIEF in God Evolutionarily Advantageous

There have been a number of posts that consider the role of God in the evolutionary process but I think the question being asked is different

What do others think?

And what would your answers be to the specific question?

spnadmin

1947-2014 (Archived)
SPNer
Jun 17, 2004
There have been some fine posts on this thread including this one

But I wonder if I could respectfully ask everyone to consider the question in the title of this thread..i.e is BELIEF in God Evolutionarily Advantageous

There have been a number of posts that consider the role of God in the evolutionary process but I think the question being asked is different

What do others think?

And what would your answers be to the specific question?

Seeker ji

I agree. We have gone off into quantum physics and theories of evolution. Which was extensively reviewed on threads related to the existence of God. The title of this thread has a decidedly different intent judging from the starter article. The core issues are cultural and psychological and yes the discussion has drifted.

Aug 28, 2010
Respectable SEEKER 9 Ji
Belief in any concept should have the base of correct knowledge about the concept itself otherwise the belief would not take place.So belief is outcome of the correct knowledge.In this respect the contents all SPN;s are useful.
PRAKASH.S.BAGGA

Sep 11, 2010
Texas
The Famous Physicist Stephen Hawkins, in his latest book; The Grand Design; has said that God had no intervention in the creation of the Universe. In other words, God did not create the Universe. "Because there is a law such as Gravity, the Universe can and will create itself from nothing."

Sep 11, 2010
Texas
I fully agree with Sinister 9 and Seeker. But if we don't analyze and disect the question, and don't consider the misguided people who kill others in the name of God, I would have to say that Believing in God helps in the Evolution of the Soul.

Aug 28, 2010
Respectable Consciousness Ji
Fully agree with the view presented by your good self.You have rightly comprehended the contents of mysubject.Many many thanks

Prakash.s.Bagga

Seeker9

Cleverness is not wisdom
SPNer
May 2, 2010
UK
Gentlemen
I do see your point of view and appreciate the posts you have made
I was just trying to return to the actual question in the thread title, that was all

❤️ CLICK HERE TO JOIN SPN MOBILE PLATFORM

❤️ CLICK HERE TO JOIN SPN MOBILE PLATFORM

📌 For all latest updates, follow the Official Sikh Philosophy Network Whatsapp Channel: