• Welcome to all New Sikh Philosophy Network Forums!
    Explore Sikh Sikhi Sikhism...

interested by ramgarhias?

Aug 23, 2022
sat sri akaal all,

hope all are well. I am not one into castes but I had some questions about differences between ramgarhias and other communities . I am from a jatt family and born in the UK, I know only a few things about ramgarhias such as they have their own gurdwaras, they had a strong community in kenya and uganda but were pushed out and also they cut their hair and trim beards but still tie dastaar which I find quite strange.

However, I am more interested to know about their mentality and if they are still fully engrossed in sikhi as other communities or do they worship other ideologies alongside sikhi as upon researching, I read they put jassa singh ramgarhia ahead of all else (not sure if thats true) and also some ramgarhias also identify with Christianity apparently (also not sure about this). Just wanted to know a bit more about them I guess... like their mentality, way of thinking, way of living, dos and don'ts etc.

thanks,

Scarlet Pimpernel

We seek him here,we sikh
Writer
SPNer
May 31, 2011
In the Self
I think they might spend there time thinking about Jatts like about their mentality, way of thinking, way of living, dos and don'ts etc

We have to cultivate our interests so as to ask the right questions

Last edited:
Aug 23, 2022
that is not a very helpful response, the question i originally asked was actually quite positive. There is nothing wrong in wanting to learn about other communities e.g. what they truly believe in, how they live etc.

Logical Sikh

Writer
SPNer
Sep 22, 2018
sat sri akaal all,

hope all are well. I am not one into castes but I had some questions about differences between ramgarhias and other communities . I am from a jatt family and born in the UK, I know only a few things about ramgarhias such as they have their own gurdwaras, they had a strong community in kenya and uganda but were pushed out and also they cut their hair and trim beards but still tie dastaar which I find quite strange.

However, I am more interested to know about their mentality and if they are still fully engrossed in sikhi as other communities or do they worship other ideologies alongside sikhi as upon researching, I read they put jassa singh ramgarhia ahead of all else (not sure if thats true) and also some ramgarhias also identify with Christianity apparently (also not sure about this). Just wanted to know a bit more about them I guess... like their mentality, way of thinking, way of living, dos and don'ts etc.

thanks,
It Seems you are from outside India, most of the information you have about them is false... . You talk about them as if they are some sect within sikhi....

Aug 23, 2022
It Seems you are from outside India, most of the information you have about them is false... . You talk about them as if they are some sect within sikhi..
Thank you for your reply.. yes as I mentioned in my original post I am born and raised in the UK. Apologies if the info I have on them is incorrect, maybe you can shed some light on it? In terms of them having their own gurdwaras, I am pretty adamant on this as here in the UK unfortunately "caste-based" gurdwaras are very common.

❤️ CLICK HERE TO JOIN SPN MOBILE PLATFORM

❤️ CLICK HERE TO JOIN SPN MOBILE PLATFORM

📌 For all latest updates, follow the Official Sikh Philosophy Network Whatsapp Channel: