Welcome to SPN

Register and Join the most happening forum of Sikh community & intellectuals from around the world.

I have a dream...

Discussion in 'Sikh Sikhi Sikhism' started by S|kH, Nov 9, 2004.

Tags:
  1. S|kH

S|kH
    Expand Collapse
    SPNer

I have a dream...to combine gurdwaras that reside within a 20 mile radius of each into one big gurdwara.

And to use the other current gurdwara buildings as satellite gurdwaras and libraries devoted to Sikhism. One would store books, free for children to check out, translations, everything published on Sikhism.

Another gurdwara would have live video kirtan feed on sundays from the main gurdwara for commuters who could not travel far enough to the main one.

Functions would be held respectively as they are now in each of the gurdwaras (weddings etc..), but on Sundays, kirtan would be done in the main gurdwara with everyone. The others would be used for doing kirtan by kids, or other days of the week where people can not travel as far.

It would be about 4 satellite gurdwaras with 1 main one. And 1 of the 4 satellite gurdwaras would function as the main library.

Is it possible? I don't think so, but it's a good life goal. :)

2. Loading...