• Welcome to all New Sikh Philosophy Network Forums!
    Explore Sikh Sikhi Sikhism...

India I Am Not Hostile Says Kamaljit Singh

spnadmin

1947-2014 (Archived)
SPNer
Jun 17, 2004
Harpreet Murder case : “I am not hostile”, says Kamaljit Singh

Gagandeep Ahuja

PATIALA: The complainant Kamaljit Singh who had turned hostile last year in murder case of Harpreet Kaur, daughter of former SGPC chief Bibi Jagir Kaur, in a sudden twist, pleaded the CBI court that he was not hostile.

In an application filed in the CBI court Punjab here Kamaljit Singh through his counsel Arun Singla said that he was reeling under the mental pressure last year and due to the severe pressure from politicians I could not recorded the truth in the CBI court.

He pleaded through his counsel that now he will able to record truth in the Harpreet murder case. The CBI judge Balbir Singh has issued notices to the CBI and other accused and fixed next hearing on March 25.

It is learnt that Kamaljit submitted before the court in Feb 2010 that the “marriage was not real and it was mainly to manipulate things.” He said, “We made a plan that in order to convince Bibi Jagir Kaur to agree to his marriage with Harpreet, we should shoot a video. We planned that if Bibi Jagir Kaur would not agree to the marriage, we would tell her that I and Harpreet were already married but in reality it was fake.”

Notably, en route from Phagwara to Ludhiana's Christian Medical College Hospital, Harpreet Kaur (19) had died under mysterious circumstances on the night of April 20, 2000. Citing that there was “no foul play”, the police did not conduct Harpreet’s postmortem and she was cremated in a hurried manner on April 21. A few days after Harpreet’s death, Kamaljit Singh, a resident of Begowal (Kapurthala district), which is the ancestral village of Bibi Jagir Kaur, had claimed that he was Harpreet’s husband and the father of Harpreet’s still-born child.

When the police refused to register a complaint in this regard on April 27, 2000, Kamaljit approached the Punjab and Haryana High Court. On June 9, 2000, the HC directed the CBI to conduct an inquiry into the matter and submit the report within four months. After conducting a probe, on October 3, 2000, the CBI registered an FIR under various sections of the IPC against Bibi Jagir Kaur, who was the SGPC President at that time.
Interestingly, two days before CBI on Friday here in court of special judge (CBI cases) submitted that it doesn't want to examine any more witness out of pending over 20.

CBI counsel SK Saxena submitted a statement here in the court of special judge (CBI cases) Balbir Singh, that he is dropping the remaining witnesses and closing the case of prosecution. "On March 4, the court had directed the CBI to reply whether they wanted to examine other remaining witnesses," .

Around 125 witnesses in case out of which 90 have been cross examined by defense counsel while around 10 have died during the past 10 years.

http://www.punjabnewsline.com/conte...-“i-am-not-hostile”-says-kamaljit-singh/29712

❤️ CLICK HERE TO JOIN SPN MOBILE PLATFORM

❤️ CLICK HERE TO JOIN SPN MOBILE PLATFORM

📌 For all latest updates, follow the Official Sikh Philosophy Network Whatsapp Channel: