Welcome to SPN

Register and Join the most happening forum of Sikh community & intellectuals from around the world.

How vast is the Creator? Do all religions reside there?

Discussion in 'Interfaith Dialogues' started by Ambarsaria, Oct 17, 2011.

1. Ambarsaria

Ambarsaria Canada
    Expand Collapse
    ੴ / Ik▫oaʼnkār
    Writer SPNer Contributor Supporter

Probably very minuscule of the total creator that is resides in all of us. Maybe just enough that we can recognize consonance in creation and live accordingly. So why is there the following saying,
    “To find God/Creator you got to see inside of yourself first.”

Does it make sense? I want to find the big God/creator and not little parts and I want to merge in that big God/creator!

Let us look at it practically. If one is not wise enough, makes enough of an effort in wise ways to see what creator has embedded in one, fat chance of understanding or discovering anything bigger. So there lies the reason to look inside so you may understand the creation and the creator that abounds around you.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=PDoEqR9VsMs

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=rPxkwBzfMxk

By the way, creator’s part in us is the same irrespective of our belief as Sikh, Hindu, Muslim, Christian, Buddhist, Jews, Atheist, etc. The benevolent creator has plenty to share and does not need to skimp on some or over encumber the whole process.

What you think?

Any comments!

• Like Like x 2
  2. Loading...

Similar Threads Forum Date
    India Hemkunt Sahib Route Devastated by Floods (with satellite maps) Breaking News Jul 9, 2013
    Islam Devastating Blow to Radical Islam: What the Media Missed Interfaith Dialogues Jul 8, 2013
    1984 Vast differences between Jallianwala Bagh and 1984 Bluestar History of Sikhism Aug 1, 2012
    Heritage Vast Indian Diaspora Builds Bridges History of Sikhism Jun 5, 2011
    Re: Devastating effects of drugs in Amritsar,Sad General Jan 9, 2010

3. Kanwaljit Singh

Kanwaljit Singh India
    Expand Collapse
    Apache Spark, Scala developer
    Writer SPNer

God is indivisible. What is lacking is our understanding. God resides us in full.

• Like Like x 2
  4. spnadmin

spnadmin United States
    Expand Collapse
    1947-2014 (Archived)
    SPNer Supporter

He is the whole and He is all of its parts. As the ocean of water He contains all the bubbles and all the foam. Ang 102

We can come to encounter Him in the parts, and if blessed in his unknown vastness. The point of the shabad: We see Him everywhere. Knowing Him in his completeness is another story.

• Like Like x 3
  5. Ambarsaria

Ambarsaria Canada
    Expand Collapse
    ੴ / Ik▫oaʼnkār

Kanwaljit Singh ji we are not "creator", we are part of "creation". What "one creator" wants to instill in each part of creation is creator's decision and not ours. If creator is infinite not in flimsy ways but detail, tell me how you or me are infinite in detail other than flimsy ways. Creator knows infinite and we discover relatively infinitesimal, let us not mix it up. That is what egos are made of and I may be as guilty if not most guilty of all.

In summary, I cannot say it any better in an other way to look at it per spnadmin ji in the following,

Sat Sri Akal.

6. Ishna

Ishna
    Expand Collapse
    On hiatus
    Writer SPNer Contributor

Naam (divine substance) is the support of everything. Without Naam, nothing would exist.

Naam is the force behind every single atom, sub-atom, mystery of dark matter, etc. Nothing can exist without it, not anything at all. Therefore It permeates absolutely in equal measures everywhere. How can there be anything else? Where would it come from, how could it be outside of It?

We are like bubbles or swirls in the Water.

My humble opinion.

• Like Like x 1
  7. Kanwaljit Singh

Kanwaljit Singh India
    Expand Collapse
    Writer SPNer

All Creation is like pots, where the Creator is the Clay. Depending on the Creator, some pots are dry and perfect, some left with water and crumble.

8. Ambarsaria

Ambarsaria Canada
    Expand Collapse
    ੴ / Ik▫oaʼnkār

Kanwaljit Singh ji the creator does not discriminate. Creator does not make good and bad. It is how us without having creator's completeness see it.

Sat Sri Akal.

• Like Like x 1
  9. Kanwaljit Singh

Kanwaljit Singh India
    Expand Collapse
    Writer SPNer

My apologies for hinting at notion of good or bad.