• Welcome to all New Sikh Philosophy Network Forums!
    Explore Sikh Sikhi Sikhism...

How To Be In Love!

Nov 17, 2011
IF YOU FALL IN LOVE AT A VERY YOUNG AGE , WHAT GURMAT TELL US ABOUT THAT. I DONT LOOK AT GIRLS AT ALL AS I ONCE READ SOMETHING WHICH SAID (LOOK UPON OTHER WOMEN AS SISTER AND NIECE)BY GURU GOBIND SINGH JI MAHARAJ.

RECENTLY I HAD BEEN PROPOSED BY A GIRL AND WENT OFF CRAZY AS IT WAS UNEXPECTED
SHE IS STILL WAITINGwhislingmunda

Harry Haller

Panga Master
SPNer
Jan 31, 2011
Re: In love

Karanji,

Yes, we look to all women in our life as mothers, daughters or sisters. I find this extremely easy, but then I am older than you, and its easier for me with my hormones not all going crazy.

The steps you take now, at your young age, will forge the way your life goes from here. Study hard, get some qualifications, live for the future, as opposed to the now, and things could be very different for you in a few years time. To feel love and attraction is completely normal, and I happen to think of it as a gift from Guruji. Now if someone you respect enormously gave you a gift, you would not wish to abuse it, would you? In the same way this magnificent gift can be cherished within the boundaries of Sikhi, or abused outside of those boundaries, to what level of abuse is down to you, and I would have to say you would have to be unique not to have thoughts that you know in your heart are wrong.

The only advice I can give you is that to fall in love, get married, have children, and enjoy your love with your wife is one way that these feelings will never be tarnished with guilt, sadness, rage, shame. You will be pure, and you can enjoy the gift from Guruji as Guruji intended, however, each time you abuse this, it will leave a mark on you, and to what extent you wish to abuse this, is to what extent you wish to carry a whole lot of baggage throughout your life.

This girl that proposed you, for now, she is like your sister, she needs to be protected, as a Sikh, it is your duty to look forward, could she regret this in later life, could she get pregnant, could either of you get an infection, life is not really like it is in the films, such unions, without the background of love, tend to be very disapointing, but after the disapointment, if that were not enough, lies the physical and mental consequences you have left each other with, also, I note you are in India, not New York, so the social consequences are going to be different.

Have love for everyone, at some point you feel a special love for a special person, deal with it in a responsible fashion, do not put yourself, or another, in a situation that could affect either of you for the rest of your lives.

Although we live in a society that seems dominated by 'love', even when you do meet that special person, it will be a different love to the love you feel for yourself, and ultimately Guruji, that bond is precious, it will see you through any problem or crisis, but remember, if you are trying to replicate that love with another person, you cannot, but regardless whether you find love or not, you always have Guruji in your head.

findingmyway

Writer
SPNer
Aug 17, 2010
World citizen!
Re: How to be in Love

IF YOU FALL IN LOVE AT A VERY YOUNG AGE , WHAT GURMAT TELL US ABOUT THAT. I DONT LOOK AT GIRLS AT ALL AS I ONCE READ SOMETHING WHICH SAID (LOOK UPON OTHER WOMEN AS SISTER AND NIECE)BY GURU GOBIND SINGH JI MAHARAJ.

RECENTLY I HAD BEEN PROPOSED BY A GIRL AND WENT OFF CRAZY AS IT WAS UNEXPECTED
SHE IS STILL WAITINGwhislingmunda

Moderation note: I have moved this thread into the relationships section of the forum, which is more appropriate. Please refrain from using all caps. On the internet, caps denotes shouting and I am sure that was not your intention! Thank you

Simrat gill

SPNer
Feb 1, 2013

Sat Shri Akal

I need to ask you while travelling last Baisakhi to Pune to meet my friend i has a dream where i saw Guru Gobind ji and Guru Teg bahadur ji. i know i was tensed because my friend got engaged with some one else and his parents rejects me i saw Guru Gobind ji writting something with old wooden kalm and Guru Teg Bahadur ji saying his that use a pea{censored} feather kalam to write then he said i complete and smile.
As per me what he was writing is there is a blank space where he write a name which i dont read and then he continue with his writing.
After competing his writting he came back to that blank space and he cut the name and write he new name as per me i saw my friends name Atul there but in real his marriage is on cards now in couple of days.
So i am confused what to think now.

Please advise what was that and what is going on.

Regards
Simrat

Harry Haller

Panga Master
SPNer
Jan 31, 2011

I need to ask you while travelling last Baisakhi to Pune to meet my friend i has a dream where i saw Guru Gobind ji and Guru Teg bahadur ji

that could be tricky, as no one knows what they look like.

So i am confused what to think now.
Please advise what was that and what is going on.

you had a dream....

I had one once.

❤️ CLICK HERE TO JOIN SPN MOBILE PLATFORM

❤️ CLICK HERE TO JOIN SPN MOBILE PLATFORM

📌 For all latest updates, follow the Official Sikh Philosophy Network Whatsapp Channel: