Welcome to SPN

Register and Join the most happening forum of Sikh community & intellectuals from around the world.

How does the critical study of religion impact believers?

Discussion in 'Interfaith Dialogues' started by Neutral Singh, Jun 14, 2004.

1. Neutral Singh

Neutral Singh
    Expand Collapse
    SPNer Supporter

How were the darker corners of religious history handled (violence, ostracizement, etc)?

How does the critical study of religion impact believers, and how should intstructors manage this: For instance, it is always a dicy issue to raise questions about a faith's own claims about its history when those claims cannot be supported through secular historical methods. This is true not only of Judaism and Christianity but other religions too.
    I'd be grateful for any feedback at all on these quesitons!

2. Loading...