• Welcome to all New Sikh Philosophy Network Forums!
    Explore Sikh Sikhi Sikhism...

How Do You View Amrit Sanchar?

ISDhillon

SPNer
Dec 13, 2005
How do you view amrit sanchar?

is it a baptism, a coronation, opening of an account, a covenent with god, a form of intiation, a submission, a ritual, a rebirth, a lifestage,

how do you see amrit sanchar?

ISDhillon:)

Jul 13, 2004
Canada
Consider this as a reminder to - Walo'n nickey raste de pandhi ban'na i.e. to walk a path which is narrower than a hair.

A realization of - Jao tao prem khelan ka chao, sir dhar tali gali mori aao

truthseeker

SPNer
Aug 11, 2004
Ontario, Canada
Waheguru ji ka khalsa, Waheguru ji ki fateh

I see Amrit sanchar, as like a marriage to Akal Purakh. You are promising HIM that you will always be there with HIM..and try to do what is right. You promise to be truthful, and faithful to HIM (by following your rehit). And just like a marriage between two people, that bond between you and God, Amrit, is something that you have and cherish for the rest of your life.
Amrit is your explression of love for your God.
Bhull Chuk Maaf Karni

drkhalsa

SPNer
Sep 16, 2004

I see Amrit sanchar, as like a marriage to Akal Purakh. You are promising HIM that you will always be there with HIM..and try to do what is right. You promise to be truthful, and faithful to HIM (by following your rehit). And just like a marriage between two people, that bond between you and God, Amrit, is something that you have and cherish for the rest of your life.
Amrit is your explression of love for your God.
Bhull Chuk Maaf Karni

Really Beautiful Viewpoint ,I really appreciate that

Thanks for sharing

Jatinder Singh

Anoop

SPNer
Mar 12, 2006
London Uk
i dont view amrit sanchar...i view the people who are have taken amrit, and do they devote themselves to being a true sikh. And i think it is ok with people who have taken amrit sanchar because they remember god, and no matter what level they remember god, aslong as they love and devote their life to god. As long as they remember gods name

truthseeker

SPNer
Aug 11, 2004
Ontario, Canada

Vijaydeep Singh, it can be what ever you want it to be, as noes relationship with God is their's and their's alone.
Anoop Ji, im sorry for my ignorance but im not exactly sure about what you meant in your post, could you maybe explain it again. Thanks

Anoop

SPNer
Mar 12, 2006
London Uk
lol, dont worry, sorry i was jsut tired i thought i just type something in, but what im saying is that, i know already that amrit sanchar is good, its the ones who become amrit sanchar that i view more importantly, because many dont follow them properly.

truthseeker

SPNer
Aug 11, 2004
Ontario, Canada

That is very true... personally before i took amrit myself, my aunt was like " oh this ( taking amrit) is becoming such a trend theses days" Many people do take amrit but then dont follow the rehit... but then again like i said before your relationship with God is between you and Him and no one else. If they took it but then did not follow the rehit, that is there problem with HIM and it will eventually show them some sort of lesson in the end. Amrit is a very important aspect of a Sikhi, BUT its not the most important, its better to be a good person and do good dead without having amrit, than not doing any nice things and having it.
This is just my opinion and really doesnt mean much as i am still learning
Bhull Chuk Maaf Karni

❤️ CLICK HERE TO JOIN SPN MOBILE PLATFORM

❤️ CLICK HERE TO JOIN SPN MOBILE PLATFORM

📌 For all latest updates, follow the Official Sikh Philosophy Network Whatsapp Channel: