Welcome to SPN

Register and Join the most happening forum of Sikh community & intellectuals from around the world.

Sikh News How do new members of Sikhi get married ??

Discussion in 'Breaking News' started by Gora_pakora, Oct 24, 2009.

1. Gora_pakora

Gora_pakora
    Expand Collapse
    SPNer

Wahe guru ji ka khalsa ki fateh

Random question, but I just read loads of articles on people from the UK emracing Sikhism. I told my mom about this, and she was delighted. But later that day she asked me, how do these young men and woman get married. Do they marry non sikhs?? or remain single??

I dont expect replies as its probably a silly question as no two people are the same hna.

Dharmjeet

:happykaur: = :happy:

• Like Like x 2
  2. Loading...

3. Admin Singh

Admin Singh
    Expand Collapse
    Admin SPNer

4. spnadmin

spnadmin United States
    Expand Collapse
    1947-2014 (Archived)
    SPNer Supporter

Dharmjeet ji

I think your mother's question is adorable! She must be a really caring person. Sounds as if she is thinking well -- young people will want to get married - but how will they find Sikh partners. I bet it is not easy.

A good question too. Some certainly must meet other Sikhs and marry. Others may have already been married. Some would marry into Punjabi Sikh families.

Arranged marriages would be a problem in some cases I would think. Because it is not the Western way, and Westerners converting to Sikhism would not have pind, or family associates, in which most marriages are arranged.

So she has me wondering how they do that too.