Welcome to SPN

Register and Join the most happening forum of Sikh community & intellectuals from around the world.

Help

Discussion in 'Questions and Answers' started by Bittu, Aug 22, 2011.

Tags:
  1. Bittu

Bittu
    Expand Collapse
    SPNer

Hello,
    This is Bittu. Please tell me where "Chokhamela" a Marathi sant is mentioned in SGGS....
    Please help me..its urgent!!

Thank You

2. Loading...

3. Ambarsaria

Ambarsaria Canada
    Expand Collapse
    ੴ / Ik▫oaʼnkār
    Writer SPNer Contributor Supporter

Bittu ji as you spelled it, it does not appear to be mentioned anywhere. However you can try variations of this at the following and see,

http://www.srigranth.org/servlet/gurbani.gurbani?S=y

It does not hurt to give a little context as to what the need is unless it means exposing personal information that may not be wise to divulge in a public forum like SPN if you are not comfortable.

Sat Sri Akal.

• Like Like x 1
  4. Ishna

Ishna
    Expand Collapse
    On hiatus
    Writer SPNer Contributor

Out of time but found this other information:

This needs to be verified, as Ambarsaria ji has said, it is not easily found in Sri Guru Granth Sahib Ji which is strange.

• Like Like x 3
  5. spnadmin

spnadmin United States
    Expand Collapse
    1947-2014 (Archived)
    SPNer Supporter

I also spent a lot of time trying to locate the reference in Sri Guru Granth Sahib Ji....unsuccessfully. There is not doubt that Chokamela, the historical person, was an influence in the Bhakti movement of Northern India. However so were many other "sants" who do not achieve mention in Sri Guru Granth Sahib Ji.

To add: Chokamela was a disciple of Bhagat Naamdev. I decided to narrow my search to the bani of Naamdev, and could not find mention of Chokamela there.

• Like Like x 1