• Welcome to all New Sikh Philosophy Network Forums!
    Explore Sikh Sikhi Sikhism...

He Is

Sardara123

SPNer
Jan 9, 2008
He is the Greatest of all

English Translation:
Gauree Gwaarayree, Fifth Mehl:
Kings and emperors are under His Power.
The whole world is under His Power.
Everything is done by His doing;
other than Him, there is nothing at all. ||1||
Offer your prayers to your True Guru;
He will resolve your affairs. ||1||Pause||
The Darbaar of His Court is the most exalted of all.
His Name is the Support of all His devotees.
The Perfect Master is pervading everywhere.
His Glory is manifest in each and every heart. ||2||
Remembering Him in meditation, the home of sorrow is abolished.
Remembering Him in meditation, the Messenger of Death shall not touch you.
Remembering Him in meditation, the dry branches become green again.
Remembering Him in meditation, sinking stones are made to float. ||3||
I salute and applaud the Society of the Saints.
The Name of the Lord, Har, Har, is the Support of the breath of life of His servant.
Says Nanak, the Lord has heard my prayer;
by the Grace of the Saints, I dwell in the Naam, the Name of the Lord. ||4||21||90||
source: SikhiToTheMax

Guru Shabad:

gauVI guAwryrI mhlw 5 ]
jw kY vis Kwn sulqwn ]
jw kY vis hY sgl jhwn ]
jw kw kIAw sBu ikCu hoie ]
iqs qy bwhir nwhI koie ]1]
khu bynµqI Apuny siqgur pwih ]
kwj qumwry dyie inbwih ]1] rhwau ]
sB qy aUc jw kw drbwru ]
sgl Bgq jw kw nwmu ADwru ]
srb ibAwipq pUrn DnI ]
jw kI soBw Git Git bnI ]2]
ijsu ismrq duK fyrw FhY ]
ijsu ismrq jmu ikCU n khY ]
ijsu ismrq hoq sUky hry ]
ijsu ismrq fUbq pwhn qry ]3]
sMq sBw kau sdw jYkwru ]
hir hir nwmu jn pRwn ADwru ]
khu nwnk myrI suxI Ardwis ]
sMq pRswid mo kau nwm invwis ]4]21]90]

Astroboy

ਨਾਮ ਤੇਰੇ ਕੀ ਜੋਤਿ ਲਗਾਈ (Previously namjap)
Writer
SPNer
Jul 14, 2007
Ok Sardara Ji,

I understand that you don't rely on translations. This is a good discussion.
Let's make a comparison (not to prove that one is right and the other is wrong, but to understand the meanings better). Below is a comparison of Stanza 8 by two translators.

Jap Ji Sahib Stanza 8 :

Translations from From Sri Granth
by Dr. Sant Singh Khalsa

ਸੁਣਿਐ ਸਿਧ ਪੀਰ ਸੁਰਿ ਨਾਥ
सुणिऐ सिध पीर सुरि नाथ ॥
Suṇi­ai siḏẖ pīr sur nāth.
Listening-the Siddhas, the spiritual teachers, the heroic warriors, the yogic masters.

ਸੁਣਿਐ ਧਰਤਿ ਧਵਲ ਆਕਾਸ
सुणिऐ धरति धवल आकास ॥
Suṇi­ai ḏẖaraṯ ḏẖaval ākās.
Listening-the earth, its support and the Akaashic ethers.

ਸੁਣਿਐ ਦੀਪ ਲੋਅ ਪਾਤਾਲ
सुणिऐ दीप लोअ पाताल ॥
Suṇi­ai ḏīp lo­a pāṯāl.
Listening-the oceans, the lands of the world and the nether regions of the underworld.

ਸੁਣਿਐ ਪੋਹਿ ਸਕੈ ਕਾਲੁ
सुणिऐ पोहि न सकै कालु ॥
Suṇi­ai pohi na sakai kāl.
Listening-Death cannot even touch you.

ਨਾਨਕ ਭਗਤਾ ਸਦਾ ਵਿਗਾਸੁ
नानक भगता सदा विगासु ॥
Nānak bẖagṯā saḏā vigās.
O Nanak, the devotees are forever in bliss.

ਸੁਣਿਐ ਦੂਖ ਪਾਪ ਕਾ ਨਾਸੁ ॥੮॥
सुणिऐ दूख पाप का नासु ॥८॥
Suṇi­ai ḏūkẖ pāp kā nās. ||8||
Listening-pain and sin are erased. ||8||

Translation of Jap Ji by Sant Kirpal Singh

STANZA VIII
  • By communion with the Word one can attain the status of
    a Siddha,(1) a Pir,(2) a Sura,(3) or a Nath;(4)
    By communion with the Word, one can understand the mysteries
    of the earth, the supporting bull(5) and the heavens;
    By communion with the Word, the earthly regions,
    the heavenly plateaux and the nether worlds stand revealed;
    By communion with the Word, we can escape unscathed
    through the portals of Death;
    O Nanak, His devotees live in perpetual ecstasy, for the Word
    washes away all sin and sorrow.
(1). Siddha: A man endowed with supernatural powers.
(2). Pir: A Muslim divine or a spiritual teacher.
(3). Sura: Gods.
(4) Nath: Yogin - an adept in yoga.
(5) Dhaul: It is the fabled bull, supposed to be supporting the earths and heavens, cf. footnote under VII ibid.

spnadmin

1947-2014 (Archived)
SPNer
Jun 17, 2004
He is not this....

[SIZE=+2]GURU: ONE OR MANY[/SIZE] SHABD or Word (the Primal Sound Current) is the only Guru for the entire world and Surat (individual consciousness) is the only disciple, as the latter cannot do without the former. In fact, there is the principle of unity, for God is One, though He has manifested Himself variously. But as we look the other way and turn to the world abounding in diverse forms, we see a Pole-star shining in its majesty reflecting the Light of Heaven. Such a pure soul (Word made flesh or Godman) with authority to give spiritual instructions to the seekers after God, is as much a Guru as the Shabd Itself, for he himself is a living embodiment of Shabd and with Shabd as stock in trade freely distributes It to whomever he likes. Kabir speaks of himself:

I come from the Kingdom of God to administer the Law of God.
Guru Nanak, too, was invested with a similar authority to impart spiritual instructions when he was in deep meditation in Veiny Nadi (the Water of Spirituality within). Both of them were Param Sant Satgurus. Kabir Sahib was born in 1398 A.D. at Lahr Talao near Benaras and passed away in 1518. Guru Nanak was born in 1469 A.D. at Talwandi, and left the physical plane at Kartarpur in 1539. Thus both of them were contemporaries for about forty-nine years, from 1469 to 1518. In the same way Shamas-i-Tabrez and Maulana Rumi were also contemporaries for some time. Again, Guru Angad and Dadu Sahib lived together from 1504 to 1552. So also, Guru Arjan and Dharam. Das from 1561 to 1606. These instances go to show that there can be more than one Guru at the same time, but a person cannot have more than one Guru for spiritual perfection. It does not matter even if a Guru after initiating a person passes away. Once he initiates an individual, the Subtle Form of the Master gets embedded in the disciple for he becomes from that moment the disciple's ideal and his instructions gradually begin to bear fruit. There is no power on earth that can render sterile the seed sown by a Master Soul. Master never dies. He may leave the body, as anyone else does, but he is more than a mere body. He is an ideal, a living Sound Current or a Life Principle that gives Life and Light to the entire world. After his passing away one may derive benefit from the Satsang conducted by a Gurmukh who is carrying on the duties of Guru, and may consult him in case he has some difficulty. It is, however, of the utmost importance that the Master is not to be changed on any account. Loyalty to the Master who has initiated the spirit and to whom the spirit has pledged his troth demands the recognition that the Master is competent to impart further guidance and instructions, even when he is working on the spiritual plane after having left the physical world.

Guru Dev Naanak is not on the same level with Maulana Rumi or Kabir; nor is Guru Angad on the same level with Dadu Sahib. nor is Guru Arjan on the same level with Dharam Das. Kirpal Singh is not speaking from Shabad Guru even if the web site says that he is.

The question of One or Many doesn't even occur to one outside of the framework of this
web site. GODMAN - Guru: One or Many

Sardara123

SPNer
Jan 9, 2008
Namjap Ji,

I just told you, I dont rely on translations. Why in the world I should compare. It is their understanding. You can add yours if you want to. I will defenetly read.

But I will not participate in comparisons, sorry.

They are at their own levels but they are saying the same thing, I will not make a claim that I can make 'YOU' understand what I understand.

This is why I didn't question your understanding of 'YOUR POST'. I only asked for the 'GURU SHABAD'.

Only Guru Shabad can clarify, not the translations of 100+ people. Sant Singh Ji Maskeen Sahib(Saint Soul) knew that all translators are at their own levels of understanding. I have met him several times, he always said, if you want to know Guru, Believe in every word of Guru, not the words of translators or kathakaars, because this is Guru Shabad that is going to make you understand everything- Shabad and the Translation.

One Thing I must say here: Guru Shabad is INFINITE, If you believe it TO BE YOUR GURU, doesn't matter what form or language you follow.

Sorry for the inconvenience, brother.

Last edited:

spnadmin

1947-2014 (Archived)
SPNer
Jun 17, 2004
This He Is

ਨਾਨਕ ਏਵੈ ਜਾਣੀਐ ਸਭੁ ਆਪੇ ਸਚਿਆਰੁ ॥੪॥
naanak eaevai jaaneeai sabh aapae sachiaar ||4||
O Nanak, know this well: the True
One Himself is All. ||4||

ਥਾਪਿਆ ਨ ਜਾਇ ਕੀਤਾ ਨ ਹੋਇ ॥
thhaapiaa n jaae keethaa n hoe ||
He cannot be established, He cannot be created.

ਆਪੇ ਆਪਿ ਨਿਰੰਜਨੁ ਸੋਇ ॥
aapae aap niranjan soe ||
He Himself is Immaculate and Pure.

ਜਿਨਿ ਸੇਵਿਆ ਤਿਨਿ ਪਾਇਆ ਮਾਨੁ ॥
jin saeviaa thin paaeiaa maan ||
Those who serve Him are honored.

ਨਾਨਕ ਗਾਵੀਐ ਗੁਣੀ ਨਿਧਾਨੁ ॥
naanak gaaveeai gunee nidhhaan ||

O Nanak, sing of the Lord, the Treasure of Excellence.

Astroboy

Writer
SPNer
Jul 14, 2007
It is a good thing not to confuse individual content from entire teachings. I was not the one who started this Radha Soami talk. It came from Ambar Ji.

As I'm explaining here - I am not for dehdhari gurus. I'm for SGGS. But what Radha Soamis have stolen from us, we have to get it back. This includes, explanations/intepretations which RS has mixed Grubani and their own mat. It is our job to filter what Sikhism doesn't teach from their label and take back what RS has done 'kabja' on. Take back what belongs to Sikhism and throw their mat away. Not so difficult.

Skeptics of Sant Mat have termed Radha Soami as an off-shoot of Sikhism. Without the Sikhism part, Radha Soami has not enough to stand on its own strength. They are parasites of Sikhism.

Do you understand ?

spnadmin

1947-2014 (Archived)
SPNer
Jun 17, 2004
Then we can stipulate that He is found (apologies -- can be contacted) at this web site

shabadguru.srigurugranthsahib.maharaj

Thank you.

Last edited by a moderator:

spnadmin

1947-2014 (Archived)
SPNer
Jun 17, 2004
ਗੁਰ ਸਬਦੀ ਸਾਲਾਹੀਐ ਰੰਗੇ ਸਹਜਿ ਸੁਭਾਇ ॥
gur sabadhee saalaaheeai rangae sehaj subhaae ||
Singing His Praises through the Shabads of the Guru, we are dyed in His Color with intuitive ease.

ਸਚੈ ਸਚਿ ਸਮਾਇਆ ਮਿਲਿ ਰਹੈ ਨ ਵਿਛੁੜਿ ਜਾਇ ॥੨॥
sachai sach samaaeiaa mil rehai n vishhurr jaae ||2||
Becoming truthful, we merge with the True One; remaining blended with Him, we shall never be separated again. ||2||

ਜੋ ਕਿਛੁ ਕਰਣਾ ਸੁ ਕਰਿ ਰਹਿਆ ਅਵਰੁ ਨ ਕਰਣਾ ਜਾਇ ॥
jo kishh karanaa s kar rehiaa avar n karanaa jaae ||
Whatever is to be done, the Lord is doing. No one else can do anything.

ਚਿਰੀ ਵਿਛੁੰਨੇ ਮੇਲਿਅਨੁ ਸਤਗੁਰ ਪੰਨੈ ਪਾਇ ॥
chiree vishhunnae maelian sathagur pannai paae ||
Those separated from Him for so long are reunited with Him once again by the True Guru, who takes them into His Own Account.

ਆਪੇ ਕਾਰ ਕਰਾਇਸੀ ਅਵਰੁ ਨ ਕਰਣਾ ਜਾਇ ॥੩॥
aapae kaar karaaeisee avar n karanaa jaae ||3||
He Himself assigns all to their tasks; nothing else can be done. ||3||

ਮਨੁ ਤਨੁ ਰਤਾ ਰੰਗ ਸਿਉ ਹਉਮੈ ਤਜਿ ਵਿਕਾਰ ॥
man than rathaa rang sio houmai thaj vikaar ||
One whose mind and body are imbued with the Lord's Love gives up egotism and corruption.

ਅਹਿਨਿਸਿ ਹਿਰਦੈ ਰਵਿ ਰਹੈ ਨਿਰਭਉ ਨਾਮੁ ਨਿਰੰਕਾਰ ॥
ahinis hiradhai rav rehai nirabho naam nirankaar ||
Day and night, the Name of the One Lord, the Fearless and Formless One, dwells within the heart.

ਨਾਨਕ ਆਪਿ ਮਿਲਾਇਅਨੁ ਪੂਰੈ ਸਬਦਿ ਅਪਾਰ ॥੪॥੧੬॥੪੯॥
naanak aap milaaeian poorai sabadh apaar ||4||16||49||
O Nanak, He blends us with Himself, through the Perfect, Infinite Word of His Shabad. ||4||16||49||

Guru Amar Das
Ang 32

Sardara123

SPNer
Jan 9, 2008
It is a good thing not to confuse individual content from entire teachings. I was not the one who started this Radha Soami talk. It came from Ambar Ji.

As I'm explaining here - I am not for dehdhari gurus. I'm for SGGS. But what Radha Soamis have stolen from us, we have to get it back. This includes, explanations/intepretations which RS has mixed Grubani and their own mat. It is our job to filter what Sikhism doesn't teach from their label and take back what RS has done 'kabja' on. Take back what belongs to Sikhism and throw their mat away. Not so difficult.

Skeptics of Sant Mat have termed Radha Soami as an off-shoot of Sikhism. Without the Sikhism part, Radha Soami has not enough to stand on its own strength. They are parasites of Sikhism.

Do you understand ?

You can do whatever you want to. Good Luck, I dont need to understand that, I only asked for Guru Shabad for the lines you posted under name- GURU ARJAN DEV JI, that's all.

Please if anybody can help, help me find the Guru Shabad related to those lines.

If we can't WELL AND GOOD. :)

AmbarDhara

SPNer
Jan 9, 2008
A Persian Saint tells us:
He is beyond comprehension, apprehension, conception,
and even conjecture. He outstrips the faculties of sight, hearing,
and understanding. All the glories that one can sing of him all his life
cannot do any justice to him.

He is the King of Spirituality, and we, groveling like insects in the muck of the world, cannot know him and his greatness.

Maulana Rumi says:
If I were to sing praises of His countless blessings till Eternity,
I can hardly say anything of them. Whatever we say of him, we perforce do so at an intellectual level, which has a very narrow and limited scope.

All our efforts in this direction are bound to discredit him rather than to give him any credit.

Guru Arjan Dev Ji says:
Thou art a King, and I address Thee as an "Elder-Man";
Far from doing any honor to Thee, I bring Thee discredit.

namjap said:
But all the contents are from ruhanisatsang website which apparently included verses of Guru Arjan Dev Ji also. Yes I overlooked the Page Number which is not given but I was looking at the overall writeup.

Let me explain to you that Ruhanisatsang is an offshoot of Radha Soami - and not Radha Soami. Whatever literature is taken from Sikhism and labeled in another trade mark should not give us a reason to shy away from using the Sikhism part.

and

namjap said:

Do you understand ?

By The Way,

in my poor understanding your first post didnt imply any of your intentions mentioned in your second post. And to tell you the truth, I am not even concerned about it.

I only tried to help a member find a Gurbani Tuk he is looking for. If this made you mad, brother, sorry for that.

In my opinion it is Guru Nanak Dev Ji's words misquoted, that's all. And I made the member aware of the facts like: from where it came etc.

Sorry if it bothered you, or made you feel bad. My intentions were not at all to hurt you. I am very sorry Bhra Ji.

Astroboy

Writer
SPNer
Jul 14, 2007
No need to apologise to a manmukh. 'Chalte Raho Munna Bhai'. LOL

Bhul Chuk Maaf. Sarbat De Karaj Raas.
Sayee Pyare Meil Jinna Miliya
Tera Naam Chit Awai.

Astroboy

Writer
SPNer
Jul 14, 2007
Bole So Nihaal.......

Pyramid

SPNer
Jan 23, 2008
Sat Siri akaal.

Namjap Ji,

It is obvious that you made everybody understand that your post :

namjap said:
Originally Posted by namjap

All our efforts in this direction are bound to discredit him rather than to give him any credit.

Guru Arjan Dev Ji says:
Thou art a King, and I address Thee as an "Elder-Man";
Far from doing any honor to Thee, I bring Thee discredit.
was for as you say:

namjap said:
Whatever literature is taken from Sikhism and labeled in another trade mark should not give us a reason to shy away from using the Sikhism part.

was sikhism. Hopefully that was the reason to post it under Gurmat Section. Can you please explain how that post of yours is Gurmat, the underlined. Please Give references from Guru Granth Sahib Ji.

Tere Gun gaavan Deh Bhujhaee...
Tuhada Das
Yograj

AmbarDhara

SPNer
Jan 9, 2008
Please if anybody can help, help me find the Guru Shabad related to those lines.

If we can't WELL AND GOOD. :)

It is well and good, you can't find Gurbani that tells you that by singing His praise, we discredit Him. Rather it tells us we cant praise Him enough. And we are supposed to pray to God, to bless us with the Wisdom so that we can Praise Him more and more.

Saadi ki mazaal hai, sardara123 ke asee Waheguru nu discredit kareeay, ki hai saadee haiseeat, remember the thread you started- Non Existing 'I'.

hum keeray kiram satguru sarnaaee.:)

Sardara123

SPNer
Jan 9, 2008
Ji AmabrDhara Ji,

Well Said.

Guru Ji says:

English Translation:
One Universal Creator God. Truth Is The Name. Creative Being Personified. No Fear. No Hatred. Image Of The Undying. Beyond Birth. Self-Existent. By Guru's Grace:
Raag Bilaaval, First Mehl, Chau-Padas, First House:
You are the Emperor, and I call You a chief - how does this add to Your greatness?
As You permit me, I praise You, O Lord and Master; I am ignorant, and I cannot chant Your Praises. ||1||
Please bless me with such understanding, that I may sing Your Glorious Praises.
May I dwell in Truth, according to Your Will. ||1||Pause||
Whatever has happened, has all come from You. You are All-knowing.
Your limits cannot be known, O my Lord and Master; I am blind - what wisdom do I have? ||2||
What should I say? While talking, I talk of seeing, but I cannot describe the indescribable.
As it pleases Your Will, I speak; it is just the tiniest bit of Your greatness. ||3||
Among so many dogs, I am an outcast; I bark for my body's belly.
Without devotional worship, O Nanak, even so, still, my Master's Name does not leave me. ||4||1||
source: SikhiToTheMax

Guru Shabad:

<> siq nwmu krqw purKu inrBau inrvYru Akwl mUriq AjUnI sYBM gur pRswid ]
rwgu iblwvlu mhlw 1 caupdy Gru 1 ]
qU sulqwnu khw hau mIAw qyrI kvn vfweI ]
jo qU dyih su khw suAwmI mY mUrK khxu n jweI ]1]
qyry gux gwvw dyih buJweI ]
jYsy sc mih rhau rjweI ]1] rhwau ]
jo ikCu hoAw sBu ikCu quJ qy qyrI sB AsnweI ]
qyrw AMqu n jwxw myry swihb mY AMDuly ikAw cqurweI ]2]
ikAw hau kQI kQy kiQ dyKw mY AkQu n kQnw jweI ]
jo quDu BwvY soeI AwKw iqlu qyrI vifAweI ]3]
eyqy kUkr hau bygwnw Baukw iesu qn qweI ]
Bgiq hIxu nwnku jy hoiegw qw KsmY nwau n jweI ]4]1]

spnadmin

1947-2014 (Archived)
SPNer
Jun 17, 2004
To discredit anyone, one has to have the ability to take credit away from the other/Other. Here was Guru Arjan Dev said on Ang 375

ਹਰਿ ਮੇਰੀ ਪੂੰਜੀ ਮੇਰਾ ਹਰਿ ਵੇਸਾਹੁ ॥
har maeree poonjee maeraa har vaesaahu ||
The Lord is my capital; the Lord is my credit.

He is saying his has no credit of his own. Then Guru Arjan Dev ji says on Ang 811,

ਜਗਤ ਉਧਾਰਨ ਸਾਧ ਪ੍ਰਭ ਤਿਨ੍ਹ੍ਹ ਲਾਗਹੁ ਪਾਲ ॥
jagath oudhhaaran saadhh prabh thinh laagahu paal ||
God's Holy people are the saviors of the world; I grab hold of the hem of their robes.

ਮੋ ਕਉ ਦੀਜੈ ਦਾਨੁ ਪ੍ਰਭ ਸੰਤਨ ਪਗ ਰਾਲ ॥੨॥
mo ko dheejai dhaan prabh santhan pag raal ||2||
Bless me, O God, with the gift of the dust of the feet of the Saints. ||2||

ਉਕਤਿ ਸਿਆਨਪ ਕਛੁ ਨਹੀ ਨਾਹੀ ਕਛੁ ਘਾਲ ॥
oukath siaanap kashh nehee naahee kashh ghaal ||
I have no skill or wisdom at all, nor any work to my credit.

ਭ੍ਰਮ ਭੈ ਰਾਖਹੁ ਮੋਹ ਤੇ ਕਾਟਹੁ ਜਮ ਜਾਲ ॥੩॥
bhram bhai raakhahu moh thae kaattahu jam jaal ||3||
Please, protect me from doubt, fear and emotional attachment, and cut away the noose of Death from my neck. ||3||

ਬਿਨਉ ਕਰਉ ਕਰੁਣਾਪਤੇ ਪਿਤਾ ਪ੍ਰਤਿਪਾਲ ॥
bino karo karunaapathae pithaa prathipaal ||
I beg of You, O Lord of Mercy, O my Father, please cherish me!

ਗੁਣ ਗਾਵਉ ਤੇਰੇ ਸਾਧਸੰਗਿ ਨਾਨਕ ਸੁਖ ਸਾਲ ॥੪॥੧੧॥੪੧॥
gun gaavo thaerae saadhhasang naanak sukh saal ||4||11||41||
I sing Your Glorious Praises, in the Saadh Sangat, the Company of the Holy, O Lord, Home of peace. ||4||11||41||

Guru Arjan ji says that he deserves no credit for anything that he has. Not from wisdom, not from work. All the credit belongs to God and the sad(h)thsangat. Then Guru Arjan Dev says on Ang 1330

ਸੇ ਧਨਵੰਤ ਸੇਈ ਸਚੁ ਸਾਹਾ ॥
sae dhhanavanth saeee sach saahaa ||
They are wealthy, and they are the true merchants,

ਹਰਿ ਕੀ ਦਰਗਹ ਨਾਮੁ ਵਿਸਾਹਾ ॥੧॥
har kee dharageh naam visaahaa ||1||
who have the credit of the Naam in the Court of the Lord. ||1||

ਹਰਿ ਹਰਿ ਨਾਮੁ ਜਪਹੁ ਮਨ ਮੀਤ ॥
har har naam japahu man meeth ||
So chant the Name of the Lord, Har, Har, in your mind, my friends.

All the true wealth comes to those who have the credit of the Naam. We are completely dependent on Him for our credit. So that is why it seems strange that Guru Arjan would say that he was in a position to discredit God. Or he could/would hold himself back from doing so. Guru has all the credit. No one can take it away.

Astroboy

Writer
SPNer
Jul 14, 2007
Pyramid Ji,

It would be good if you could volunteer to search for the actual verse in SGGS. This is almost like playing antakshri - a challenge - a contrast to being fed, spoon fed, still feeding ?

Nobody is the judge but He Himself.

Discredit to Him can mean falling short of doing enough justice - which is a fact. If an akaal purukh da roop incarnates as a human being, he is subject to the limitations of his physical body, the brain makes him only human so that he can teach other humans how to do their best. But if ever the word discredit is used, it is obvious that a human form - with all its abilities and limitations - cannot do justice, even in praises - of Akaal Purukh.

Your view point is not wrong and neither is mine. If we care to see the whole picture and not pick out only a portion - this is not easy, like reading the whole thread from the beginning to the end - the whole picture starts to unfold before us. Mind barking is reduced. This is not targeted at you, Pyramid Ji but all readers. Right now my mind is barking, lol.

But Guru Gobind Singh Ji said, "treat the whole of mankind as one." - This should be easy to find from Dasam Granth.

spnadmin

1947-2014 (Archived)
SPNer
Jun 17, 2004
He Himself assigns the tasks, quiets the mind, blesses us with light. He overflows with love and is our companion and helper. He pervades everywhere and bids us to live in His eternal city.

ਜੋਤਿ ਦਾਤਿ ਜੇਤੀ ਸਭ ਤੇਰੀ ਤੂ ਕਰਤਾ ਸਭ ਠਾਈ ਹੇ ॥੪॥
joth dhaath jaethee sabh thaeree thoo karathaa sabh thaaee hae ||4||
The blessings of light all come from You; You are the Creator Lord, pervading everywhere. ||4||

ਤੁਝ ਹੀ ਕੀਆ ਜੰਮਣ ਮਰਣਾ ॥
thujh hee keeaa janman maranaa ||
You have created birth and death.

ਗੁਰ ਤੇ ਸਮਝ ਪੜੀ ਕਿਆ ਡਰਣਾ ॥
gur thae samajh parree kiaa ddaranaa ||
Why should anyone fear, if they come to understand through the Guru?

ਤੂ ਦਇਆਲੁ ਦਇਆ ਕਰਿ ਦੇਖਹਿ ਦੁਖੁ ਦਰਦੁ ਸਰੀਰਹੁ ਜਾਈ ਹੇ ॥੫॥
thoo dhaeiaal dhaeiaa kar dhaekhehi dhukh dharadh sareerahu jaaee hae ||5||
When You, O Merciful Lord, look with Your kindness, then pain and suffering leave the body. ||5||

ਨਿਜ ਘਰਿ ਬੈਸਿ ਰਹੇ ਭਉ ਖਾਇਆ ॥
nij ghar bais rehae bho khaaeiaa ||
One who sits in the home of his own self, eats his own fears.

ਧਾਵਤ ਰਾਖੇ ਠਾਕਿ ਰਹਾਇਆ ॥
dhhaavath raakhae thaak rehaaeiaa ||
He quiets and holds his wandering mind still.

ਕਮਲ ਬਿਗਾਸ ਹਰੇ ਸਰ ਸੁਭਰ ਆਤਮ ਰਾਮੁ ਸਖਾਈ ਹੇ ॥੬॥
kamal bigaas harae sar subhar aatham raam sakhaaee hae ||6||
His heart-lotus blossoms forth in the overflowing green pool, and the Lord of his soul becomes his companion and helper. ||6||

ਮਰਣੁ ਲਿਖਾਇ ਮੰਡਲ ਮਹਿ ਆਏ ॥
maran likhaae manddal mehi aaeae ||
With their death already ordained, mortals come into this world.

ਕਿਉ ਰਹੀਐ ਚਲਣਾ ਪਰਥਾਏ ॥
kio reheeai chalanaa parathhaaeae ||
How can they remain here? They have to go to the world beyond.

ਸਚਾ ਅਮਰੁ ਸਚੇ ਅਮਰਾ ਪੁਰਿ ਸੋ ਸਚੁ ਮਿਲੈ ਵਡਾਈ ਹੇ ॥੭॥
sachaa amar sachae amaraa pur so sach milai vaddaaee hae ||7||
True is the Lord's Command; the true ones dwell in the eternal city. The True Lord blesses them with glorious greatness. ||7||

ਆਪਿ ਉਪਾਇਆ ਜਗਤੁ ਸਬਾਇਆ ॥
aap oupaaeiaa jagath sabaaeiaa ||
He Himself created the whole world.

ਜਿਨਿ ਸਿਰਿਆ ਤਿਨਿ ਧੰਧੈ ਲਾਇਆ ॥
jin siriaa thin dhhandhhai laaeiaa ||
The One who made it, assigns the tasks to it.

Guru Naanak Dev
Ang 1022

❤️ CLICK HERE TO JOIN SPN MOBILE PLATFORM

❤️ CLICK HERE TO JOIN SPN MOBILE PLATFORM

📌 For all latest updates, follow the Official Sikh Philosophy Network Whatsapp Channel: