Welcome to SPN

Register and Join the most happening forum of Sikh community & intellectuals from around the world.

Controversial Hazaar baar sorry (Sajid Khan apologizes)

Discussion in 'Hard Talk' started by spnadmin, Aug 9, 2010.

1. spnadmin

spnadmin United States
    Expand Collapse
    1947-2014 (Archived)
    SPNer Supporter

Jun 17, 2004

Mumbai, August 08, 2010First Published: 15:58 IST(8/8/2010)
    Last Updated: 01:14 IST(9/8/2010)

Sajid Khan is on the back foot. The actor-filmmaker, who recently courted controversy on the show India’s Got Talent, has now apologised for hurting the sentiments of the Sikh community. Sajid, who judges the show, had said that a Gatka (a martial arts dance form of the Sikhs) performance was too violent since it had a five-year-old using a sword.

This angered the Gatka Federation of India (GFI) and Punjab Gatka Association (PGA), which asked for an apology from Sajid and the channel, Colors. Sajid has duly complied. “It is a case of plain misunderstanding. I was only concerned about the five-year-old getting hurt. And of little children at home who obviously aren’t that skilled,” he said.

“I completely respect and understand their (Sikh’s) rich tradition. I respect all religions and would never ever speak against the community. If anyone felt offended, I respectfully apologise a thousand times,” he added.

• Like Like x 4
  2. Loading...