• Welcome to all New Sikh Philosophy Network Forums!
    Explore Sikh Sikhi Sikhism...

Controversial Hazaar Baar Sorry (Sajid Khan Apologizes)

spnadmin

1947-2014 (Archived)
SPNer
Jun 17, 2004
Navdeep Kaur Marwah, Hindustan Times

Mumbai, August 08, 2010First Published: 15:58 IST(8/8/2010)
Last Updated: 01:14 IST(9/8/2010)

Sajid Khan is on the back foot. The actor-filmmaker, who recently courted controversy on the show India’s Got Talent, has now apologised for hurting the sentiments of the Sikh community. Sajid, who judges the show, had said that a Gatka (a martial arts dance form of the Sikhs) performance was too violent since it had a five-year-old using a sword.

This angered the Gatka Federation of India (GFI) and Punjab Gatka Association (PGA), which asked for an apology from Sajid and the channel, Colors. Sajid has duly complied. “It is a case of plain misunderstanding. I was only concerned about the five-year-old getting hurt. And of little children at home who obviously aren’t that skilled,” he said.

“I completely respect and understand their (Sikh’s) rich tradition. I respect all religions and would never ever speak against the community. If anyone felt offended, I respectfully apologise a thousand times,” he added.

http://www.hindustantimes.com/Hazaar-baar-sorry/Article1-583883.aspx

a.mother

SPNer
Jun 12, 2010
Canada
Very good move, you better be sorry . I just watch other show that is just almost like gatka you never said anything like you said to gatka performers . When you sit on that kind of stage you have to be very fare and equel to all ( no matter color , race , poor or rich) .
I am proud of Mr. Singh, who was just so calm and strong after hearing your COMMENTS. Win or lose is nothing as he said they 'll continiew, I am PROUD OF HIM again.

❤️ CLICK HERE TO JOIN SPN MOBILE PLATFORM