• Welcome to all New Sikh Philosophy Network Forums!
    Explore Sikh Sikhi Sikhism...

Hair And General Sikh Philosophy Study

Groom as in pluck, shave, cut, wax, laser treatment the hair off. All these methods are done directly to remove the hair for personal needs such as 'Society doesn't accpet hair on certain places. Really pathetic and narrow minded people.

Yes people who cut their hair are pathetic and narrow-minded…? :hmm:

But you know who else is pathetic and narrow minded?
The people who have the tenacity to judge complete strangers as ‘pathetic and narrow minded’ just by observing a persons physical attributes.

Welcome to the club :wah:

I thankyou for answering my questions with such precision and conciseness ;)

Archived_Member_19

(previously amarsanghera, account deactivated at t
SPNer
Jun 7, 2006
<<Then the reason why we wear a pagg is because to keep this frequency on one channel. Also the reason why Buddhists shave their head bald is because then they don’t pick up on so many frequency which will make it difficult for them to meditate on nothing. This helps the Buddhist monks concentrate easier on what they are meditating on. >>

I have seen Buddhists sometime cover their head with a round cap ot like the chunni. Are the trying to catch some frequency? :D

I have seen various styles of paggs, is there a particular one for a specific frequency?

The people who have the tenacity to judge complete strangers as ‘pathetic and narrow minded’ just by observing a persons physical attributes.

Its not judging when a statement becomes a fact and in this case it is a fact and true. So thank you for being so hasty to respond without thinking it through:happy:

Its not judging when a statement becomes a fact and in this case it is a fact and true. So thank you for being so hasty to respond without thinking it through:happy:

Oh! I get it…you are one of those people who ‘know’ the truth and the facts. You will have to excuse my ignorance I had not realized you were so spiritually enlightened...such a learnt state should certainly be attributed to the presense of your long hair. :rolleyes:

cheers

spnadmin

1947-2014 (Archived)
SPNer
Jun 17, 2004
Not avoiding the question just will not answer something that is not my decision. God does not limit anyone from anything the human does that by him/herself.

Ok then Singh ji -- You are posting opinions based on secret sources and covert channels to a truth that you are permitted to tap into and this source does not divulge itself except on whim. That is what I am getting from your past few comments.

Ok then Singh ji -- You are posting opinions based on secret sources and covert channels to a truth that you are permitted to tap into and this source does not divulge itself except on whim. That is what I am getting from your past few comments.

If you think its my opinion then that's what you think it is; your entitled to your opinion. Listen to Guru Gobind Singh Sahib ji and you 'll find what kind of experience is know by keeping long hair and meditating. It's not a secret listen and read to the Guru then the experience will be known. It cant be proved without being experienced by the skeptic.

BhagatSingh

SPNer
Apr 24, 2006

WEll, pathetic and narrow minded are bad choice of words, but I do agree with Singh ji that society does put this sort of pressure on people to get rid of hair in certain places. It doesn't mean they are narrow minded and pathetic, it jsut means that we fall for this pressure too easily, we don't fight back, so I would say, we are not mentally strong enough to hold back the pressure. Either that of the pressure is of a large magnitude.

I respect Singhnis and other women who DO fight back! To them, keep up this struggle!!

BhagatSingh

SPNer
Apr 24, 2006
If you think its my opinion then that's what you think it is; your entitled to your opinion. Listen to Guru Gobind Singh Sahib ji and you 'll find what kind of experience is know by keeping long hair and meditating. It's not a secret listen and read to the Guru then the experience will be known. It cant be proved without being experienced by the skeptic.
Ok Singh Ji, now we are going in circles because you know what I am gona ask... and it leads to begining of the the whole topic.

Let's define what a spiritually enlightened person is, and how SGGS describes the path to such a goal. While talking about this topic keep the following questions in mind.
1. Why would we want to be "spiritually enlightened"?
2. How can we use our "enlightenment" to make the world a better place?
3. What role does hair actually play in walking that path or after we have achieved our goal of being enlightened?

If possible try to provide 1-5 gurbani quotes (that are TO the POINT) in your reply.
Let's try not to pick out little things from here and put them together to back up our own thinking. Try to use SGGS as much as you can. Be as formal as possible.

WEll, pathetic and narrow minded are bad choice of words, but I do agree with Singh ji that society does put this sort of pressure on people to get rid of hair in certain places. It doesn't mean they are narrow minded and pathetic, it jsut means that we fall for this pressure too easily, we don't fight back, so I would say, we are not mentally strong enough to hold back the pressure. Either that of the pressure is of a large magnitude.

mentally weak?
:rofl!!:
thats just a polite way of slapping on a 'pathetic and narrow minded' label/prejudice.

BhagatSingh

SPNer
Apr 24, 2006
mentally weak?
thats just a polite way of slapping on a 'pathetic and narrow minded' label/prejudice.
:down:
um...no

define: pathetic
[SIZE=-1]-Arousing pity, sympathy, or compassion; Arousing scornful pity or contempt, often due to miserable inadequacy

define: narrow-minded
[/SIZE][SIZE=-1]-having restricted or rigid views, and being unreceptive to new ideas; intolerant, bigoted or prejudiced

define: mentally
[/SIZE][SIZE=-1]-in a mental manner; an idea thought out in one's mind, as opposed to an idea spoken orally [/SIZE]
[SIZE=-1]
define: weak
[/SIZE][SIZE=-1]-likely to fail under stress or pressure

here's a tip. read the post! :yes:

[/SIZE]

BhagatSingh

SPNer
Apr 24, 2006
<<Then the reason why we wear a pagg is because to keep this frequency on one channel. Also the reason why Buddhists shave their head bald is because then they don’t pick up on so many frequency which will make it difficult for them to meditate on nothing. This helps the Buddhist monks concentrate easier on what they are meditating on. >>

I have seen Buddhists sometime cover their head with a round cap ot like the chunni. Are the trying to catch some frequency? :D

I have seen various styles of paggs, is there a particular one for a specific frequency?
I have a better way of catching frequencies!:shifty:
Use actual antennas!! :happy:

BhagatSingh

SPNer
Apr 24, 2006
Guru ji is speaking spiritually and he is saying spiritually the hair meditates on the Lord’s name. Spiritually, literally the hair meditates.
uh ya... Guru ji is speaking spiritually, right.

um let's all grow wings and fly.:happy:sounded like nonsense don't you think? that is exactly how your statement that Guru ji talks "spiritually" sounds to me.

You are speaking in physical terms, but you haven’t taken into consideration Guru ji speaks spiritually.

I am keeping in mind miri and piri.

Again, uh...ya...

No need to discuss this further for it explains itself and people living in the physical world can shut this down with saying where are the facts; for them spirituality does not exist.

Everyone lives in a physical world! So are u saying everyone is cut off from spirituality?

Apply it to gurbani and for you are the one questioning it and it will come to be true. For some they are too caught up in the physical world and have a tough time understanding spirituality and for some one to understand spirituality would mean for that person to actually become spiritual, but they have developed a mental block that says can’t every time spirituality presents itself to them. Try to understand the depth of the line you question for it is not speaking physically, but spiritually.

Once again, uh.. ya...
let's not make up random things and call them gurbani. if you have any passages supporting this, go ahead and post! :yes:

To be one with God you need to be in love with God and when you have that love toward God, oneness with God is there, and they go hand in hand.
Ok let's assume they do.

This means whatever God does is always true and you do not question it
What doesn't God do?

and for that love is true and duality does not exist; jumping from I like this I don’t like this.
I coudn't make any sense of this line. Please clarify.

Whatever God places before you or wherever God takes you that love does not get any weaker.

OMG! That what I've been trying to explain to you the whole time!! You got it!!
Exactly! You can cut your hair, you can let it grow, the love WILL NOT get weaker!
That is exactly what Kabeer is saying.
For example Guru Arjan Dev ji he was deeply in love with the lord and attuned to the lord that the hot sand did not affect him. He did not have no doubt to what was happening to him was true for only the Lord is the truth and his actions are true. And now to explain this to a person that is all about fact and physical evidence would be like talking to a brick wall. They will laugh in your face call you a fool for believing in something like this.

What are you talking about?:confused:

Yes this is true but first be fully attuned/one/in love with the Lord then look to this shabad as the definition of you for this shabad would define you and you would define this shabad and nothing can stand in-between. Otherwise you are misusing this shabad to prove that a haircut is acceptable in Sikhi.

uh...ya...
People of www.sikhism.us, be fully attuned/one/ in love with god THEN read gurbani. otherwise according to Singh ji, we will be misusing the shabads in SGGS.

For Sri Guru Gobind Singh Sahib ji gave us the path to attain this shabad by taking up the Khalsa Panth as our lifestyle. It’s the recipe to attain the love for the Lord in this way and yet people question it because they do not understand it. For a Sikh who has came to realize there is nothing in this world that is impossible for that Sikh everything is possible and this physical world is there to serve him/her.
Singh ji, Khalsa is a discipline, it is not to be confused with Sikhi. Sikhi is all about SGGS. No reahat maryada, no dasam Granth, no sarbloh granth, no <insert name of another granth here> granth, simply SGGS.

spnadmin

1947-2014 (Archived)
SPNer
Jun 17, 2004
Khalsa is a discipline, it is not to be confused with Sikhi. Sikhi is all about SGGS. No reahat maryada, no dasam Granth, no sarbloh granth, no <insert name of another granth here> granth, simply SGGS.

;)

Quote: by singh
Yes this is true but first be fully attuned/one/in love with the Lord then look to this shabad as the definition of you for this shabad would define you and you would define this shabad and nothing can stand in-between. Otherwise you are misusing this shabad to prove that a haircut is acceptable in Sikhi.
by Bhagat Singh
uh...ya...
People of www.sikhism.us, be fully attuned/one/ in love with god THEN read gurbani. otherwise according to Singh ji, we will be misusing the shabads in SGGS.

Okay Bhagat Singh ji, I am going to make it simple for you here. In the above quote by me, where do I say that first one has to be fully attuned/one/in love with God then a person can read Gurbani. And just dont quote back to me what i wrote because i know what i wrote i want you to explain to me how you came to this statement about my quote.

BhagatSingh

SPNer
Apr 24, 2006
Yes this is true but first be fully attuned/one/in love with the Lord then look to this shabad

Singh ji that underlined portion makes no sense (along with almost the whole post actually). I don't mean to be rude.
i want you to explain to me how you came to this statement

We read gurbani so we can learn to become one with Lord, by getting knowledge from it. We don't read bani because we already are one with the lord, and want to read it just for the heck of it. Hope that clears it up. :)

Singh ji that underlined portion makes no sense (along with almost the whole post actually). I don't mean to be rude.

We read gurbani so we can learn to become one with Lord, by getting knowledge from it. We don't read bani because we already are one with the lord, and want to read it just for the heck of it. Hope that clears it up. :)

I never said we read Gurbani because we already are one with the lord. This is what you are accusing me of saying so please point out where i said this?

BhagatSingh

SPNer
Apr 24, 2006
I never said we read Gurbani because we already are one with the lord. This is what you are accusing me of saying so please point out where i said this?
Didnt accuse you of saying that...:}:):
Yes this is true but first be fully attuned/one/in love with the Lord then look to this shabad
this is what you said.

Bani is meant to be understood and followed by the average person. Its not some intellectual document that we can only follow after we have earned a degree. So if I was one with the Lord I say,"Long hair and short hair don't matter when you are in love with the Lord. All that matters is that you are in love." And if I was learning that just now, I would say, "Oh! Long hair and short hair don't matter when you are in love with the Lord! I didn't know that! Who wrote this? ...hmm.. Kabeer... interesting!"

If a person was one with the Lord then there would be no point in reading SGGS as that person has already obtained the "Degree" but from another school (or perhaps self taught).

Didnt accuse you of saying that...:}:):

this is what you said.

Bani is meant to be understood and followed by the average person. Its not some intellectual document that we can only follow after we have earned a degree. So if I was one with the Lord I say,"Long hair and short hair don't matter when you are in love with the Lord. All that matters is that you are in love." And if I was learning that just now, I would say, "Oh! Long hair and short hair don't matter when you are in love with the Lord! I didn't know that! Who wrote this? ...hmm.. Kabeer... interesting!"

If a person was one with the Lord then there would be no point in reading SGGS as that person has already obtained the "Degree" but from another school (or perhaps self taught).

In that sentence there is no where I say what you have accused me of saying.This sentence is saying that once you are attuned/one/in love with the Lord then the shabad by Bhagat Kabeer ji will be you and you will be it. Also that is not the end of the sentence,what you have quoted back, read on and the sentence is self explanatory. ONE’S AGAIN NO WHERE DO I SAY FIRST BECOME IN LOVE/ONE WITH GOD THEN READ GURBANI, FOR THIS YOU HAVE JUST MADE UP TO CONFUSE AND DISTRACT A PERSON FROM UNDERSTANDING WHAT I WROTE. Don’t play these games with me, time is too valuable to be wasted especially when the sentence clearly clarifies what it is saying.

BhagatSingh

SPNer
Apr 24, 2006
This sentence is saying that once you are attuned/one/in love with the Lord then the shabad by Bhagat Kabeer ji will be you and you will be it.
{censored} does that mean?!? :}:) Where do you get this kind of stuff from?!? Try reading this out loud and watch the pigs around you grow wings!!
Singh ji you are not making any sense.:inca: How else can I put it??
You say we are debating but I can barely understand what you are trying to tell me and it sounds as if you are taking bits from here and there and putting them together just to try and back up your argument. It also seems as if you are making stuff up as you go along. You seem to ignore the bigger message and pick out things here and there. Then when I do analyze the shabads you talk about, you fail to comment on the analysis, instead you ignore the analysis and repeat what you've already said before. I can't debate/argue/discuss like this. If you like going around in circles, you can go ride a merry-go-round! :hmm:
I am tired of trying to explain that hair has nothing to do with spirituality, and that God does not care if you have hair. Now if you want to "continue" the "debate":}:):, I suggest you start from the beginning and start laying out the fundamentals of Sikhism, and the message of SGGS. From there we can proceed deeper and see if SGGS actually says "Hair is a big part of spirituality" or that "Hair should not be cut." , etc. That way I can understand where you are coming from and how you reach the conclusions in your posts. :)

❤️ CLICK HERE TO JOIN SPN MOBILE PLATFORM

❤️ CLICK HERE TO JOIN SPN MOBILE PLATFORM

📌 For all latest updates, follow the Official Sikh Philosophy Network Whatsapp Channel: