Welcome to SPN

Register and Join the most happening forum of Sikh community & intellectuals from around the world.

General Guru Granth Sahib Ji at home??

Discussion in 'Hard Talk' started by swati, Oct 28, 2010.

1. swati

swati
    Expand Collapse
    SPNer

Waheguru Ji Ka Khalsa Waheguru Ji Ki Fateh

I am quiet confused regarding it actually m having Sri Guru Granth Sahib Ji at my place in 2 volumes can anyone please tell me what is the appropriate way to keep it....
    please reply asap.....
    Thankyou

• Like Like x 1
  2. Loading...

Similar Threads Forum Date
    Sabh Sikhan Ko Hukam Hai Guru Maneyo Granth Sikh Sikhi Sikhism Sep 7, 2016
    Opinion Physical Existence Or Only Metaphorical References To Devi, Devtas (Deities) In Guru Granth Sahib? Sikh Sikhi Sikhism Aug 30, 2016
    Structure Of The Guru Granth Sahib New to Sikhism May 30, 2016
    Is Dasam Granth Sahib Guru Gobind Singh ji's bani? Dasam Granth Jan 22, 2016
    Sikhism English Translation Sree Guru Granth Sahib Blogs Nov 4, 2015

3. kds1980

kds1980 India
    Expand Collapse
    SPNer

I don't think there is special way to keep it.My grandmother used to have Guru granth sahib in volumes and she just used to keep them wrapped in rumala in alimirah

• Like Like x 3
  4. Gyani Jarnail Singh

Gyani Jarnail Singh Malaysia
    Expand Collapse
    Sawa lakh se EK larraoan
    Mentor Writer SPNer Contributor

You should be more interested in .."reading/vicharing..and FOLLOWING the Gurbani"....than in "keeping"...

Anyway keep in MIND that this is GURBANI..DIVINE MESSAGE..worthy of ALL the UTMOST RESPECT you can Give..and MORE !! No way can you give Gurbani "too much" respect..its beyond human endeavour.....KEEP IT IN YOUR HEART !!!

The PHYSICAL SANCHEES....wrap in Clean Rumallahs...and respectfully place inside a clean almaree shelf/palki/manji sahib/under chandoa...as far as you can go Ji...

A SGGS in ONE VOLUME is the GURU...so has to be on a Manji Sahib with Chaur.chandoa etc...preferably in a room by itself.

• Like Like x 9