• Welcome to all New Sikh Philosophy Network Forums!
    Explore Sikh Sikhi Sikhism...

Guru Granth Sahib Hindi Translation By Dr . Manmohan Sehgal Released Online

spnadmin

1947-2014 (Archived)
SPNer
Jun 17, 2004

A Hindi Translation of complete Guru Granth Sahib by Dr. Manmohan Sehgal has been released online . This is great news for Sikhs throughout the world who are familiar only with Hindi language but always wanted to read Sri Guru Granth Sahib Ji .

FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
PR Log (Press Release)
Feb 20, 2010 – An excellent Hindi translation of Guru Granth Sahib ji has been released online . This is a steek or complete Guru Granth Sahib's Hindi Translation by Dr. Manmohan Sehgal . There are thousands or may be lakhs of Sikhs or Sikhism enthusiasts around India and around the world who have been seeking to know more about Sikhism but they lack knowledge and understanding of Punjabi language or Gurmukhi script in which Guru Granth Sahib is originally written . So in order to understand its meanings and take instructions from Guru Granth Sahib they required that Guru Granth Sahib be available in Hindi language .

This is a Hindi translation of complete bani of Guru Granth Sahib ji . The original bani of Guru Granth Sahib in Hindi is followed by its meaning in Hindi . This is a great gift by Dr. Manmohan Sehgal to the hindi speaking sikhs who continuously seek divine instructions from the Guru immortal , Sri Guru Granth Sahib ji , of the sikhs . This has also helped increase the understanding of Sikhism among other religions across India who are only well versed in Hindi .

So this Hindi and translation is a great innovation and great news for Sikhism . It is great for the spread of Sikhism and its awareness in Hindi speaking regions of the Globe . As a great service to the community this has been made available at the following page for everyone : http://www.jsks.co.in/<wbr>Sggs_hindi_two_<wbr>vol.htm

Attachments

• 10541419-guru-granth-sahib-hindi-translation-by-dr-manmohan-sehgal-released-online.jpg
    10541419-guru-granth-sahib-hindi-translation-by-dr-manmohan-sehgal-released-online.jpg
    27.1 KB · Reads: 7,608

Gyani Jarnail Singh

Sawa lakh se EK larraoan
Mentor
Writer
SPNer
Jul 4, 2004
KUALA LUMPUR MALAYSIA
NarayanJyot Kaur Jio,
Gurfateh.

Actually this is NOT an "Online" release at all. As usual JS Tiwanna Ji ( in hsi press release mail sent out to all mainling groups) has used the wrong vocabulary. All this online site does is SELL the BOOK. In other words the so called Online webiste is a web page fo a BOOKSELLER, selling the Printed Book ONLINE !!

Previously i have explained to JS Tiwanna Ji.... that in order to be really "ONLINE....a link has to have the Entire Book for reading/download.....otherwise it CANNOT be termed..as "available online"....

Readers clicking the link will eb taken tot he Bookseller's website selling his books.

May 24, 2008
A very good news indeed , the translation of SGGS by Manmohan Sehgal Ji is a good one & the only one I came across . It would have been great if they had made the whole translation online but anyhow a good step forward . Kindly book mark this link & forward to all who need it .

Gyani Jarnail Singh

Sawa lakh se EK larraoan
Mentor
Writer
SPNer
Jul 4, 2004
KUALA LUMPUR MALAYSIA
I heard that Hindi is more widely understood in the Indian Context...but how sad that I cant read Hindi except the rudimentary alphabet....

This book/steek may bring the SGGS closer to many Indians..it is reasonably priced as well..​

spnadmin

1947-2014 (Archived)
SPNer
Jun 17, 2004
Gyani ji

I wanted to get back to you before we had a recent database error event -- and therefore could not.

Whenever I pick up an article from a mail group, I always google the first sentence so that I can get back to the original source. That is the version of the article that I ultimately post in a thread,, not the mail group version of it. That is why the link provided and the story go back to the original press release. It does as you suggest tease the reader's appetite. The sale is an online sale, as opposed to an online steek.
welcome.gif

Thanks for pointing that out.

❤️ CLICK HERE TO JOIN SPN MOBILE PLATFORM

❤️ CLICK HERE TO JOIN SPN MOBILE PLATFORM

📌 For all latest updates, follow the Official Sikh Philosophy Network Whatsapp Channel: